Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Same lineup again, Lalonde gets the start.

Hope everyone shows up and they can get a win.
They better.
Need to win both games this weekend. Can’t go 1-4 to start the season that itself will already be a hole to climb out of this early and we have everyone back. No excuses- they have to win and go 3-2 after this weekend

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What a game

game of the season so far obviously.

Battaglia keeps producing, same with Soto too and 8 different goal scorers!

With Velliaris instigating in the final 5 mins of play after that hit on uens. Lukas Moore should be playing his first career OHL game on Sunday.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Kingston played well but I was more surprised with how poorly NB played. I barely noticed Romani or Van Steensel at all. McIvor played well but was let down by some awful defense.

I still can't get over how feisty Uronen is - I may have had the wrong impression in that he was more of a pure sniper but the guy is full of grit and loves the physical side of the game.

Soto was all over the ice and looked great, Battaglia solid as always, and as much as I tend to focus on offense, Guindon is the perfect definition of a 200 ft player and made a couple nice defensive plays.

Disappointedly, I still thought Weir looked too slow for this level. If there were was a game to get that 4th line regular minutes it'd have been tonight, but Weir just looked a constant step behind.

Unrelated to the on ice product, I'm not a fan of the new in game hosts - I know they're only 3 games in but it seems like there's still a ton of nerves and a lack of self- confidence that's needed for a position like that.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Kingston played well but I was more surprised with how poorly NB played. I barely noticed Romani or Van Steensel at all. McIvor played well but was let down by some awful defense.

I still can't get over how feisty Uronen is - I may have had the wrong impression in that he was more of a pure sniper but the guy is full of grit and loves the physical side of the game.

Soto was all over the ice and looked great, Battaglia solid as always, and as much as I tend to focus on offense, Guindon is the perfect definition of a 200 ft player and made a couple nice defensive plays.

Disappointedly, I still thought Weir looked too slow for this level. If there were was a game to get that 4th line regular minutes it'd have been tonight, but Weir just looked a constant step behind.

Unrelated to the on ice product, I'm not a fan of the new in game hosts - I know they're only 3 games in but it seems like there's still a ton of nerves and a lack of self- confidence that's needed for a position like that.
Agree with all of this. Literally all of it. And I thought the same thing for weir in the 3rd watching him.

These hosts suck. Wish they could bring back Sam but she’s onto bigger and better things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad