Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 3)

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Kingston does not need to do anything to make the playoffs. The Petes are a certainty imo. The ‘67s probably need a re-tool, NB definitely re-tools, Niagara is a bit young at D and top forwards a bit small overall, Brantford does not really have any top 3 D or starting goaltender, can’t say for sure who returns for the wolves, …
Niagara is going to be a playoff contender this year Look at the players they have and they have a lot of top flight draft picks.

Brantford has most of their line up returning.
Wolves have enough players that hey will also be a playoff contender

When youare takling about goaltending before you say anything take a look at what Kingston does ot have. Vaccari can not play every game
Kingston has a lot of unknown on defence especially if Uens is your top 4 D

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
LOL. Give your fingers a rest for a few months. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I just took a pic of your post for easy reference in the fall so we can revisit and laugh at how far off you are with your predictions.
Predictions are often wrong lol has anyone ever had a correct March madness?

Reactions: Section5Petes

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
is just as true today as it was then, and one or two more are yet to be moved and could very well be players that frontsfan67 have listed on his top line.

There is no way the lineup you posted is anywhere near accurate. That line up is not making the playoffs. Stay tuned for moves to be made...
Wouldn’t be shocked to see Miedema moved if that’s who you’re talking about lol. He hasn’t been moved YET so that’s why he’s in the lineup. I’m not stupid lol I saw how he fluctuated through the lineup at the end of the year just like everyone else. I’m banking on him having a good year based on how bad last years was, but again I wouldn’t be shocked to see him moved.

As for the playoffs. If you don’t think that lineup is making the playoffs then you need to get off your crack pipe there’s 0 chance that lineup is not atleast top 4 in conference.

Niagara is going to be a playoff contender this year Look at the players they have and they have a lot of top flight draft picks.
Niagara is way too young. Very top heavy as well. No depth in lines 3,4 and absolutely 0 defence. Goaltending is suspect as well. They’re not playoff contenders, more than likely they’re playoff hopefuls.

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
The guy I'd be watching out for is Kieren Dervin. Apparently a few prospects committed elsewhere have been circling back to Kingston after Mann signed an extension. Wouldn't be shocked to see him come now if there's a spot for him.
Do you really feel that the players are circling back or has the GM has been reaching out trying to re-tool this current roster and beginning the discussions?

Reactions: frontsfan67

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
If he did not look out of place as a rookie in Liga he may make the AHL team. That said why if you want him to develop would you move him from playing against men to playing against teens.
I believe i mentioned already Pitts has already let Kingston know to plan to have him this season as they would like him to play a season there under Troy.
You need to take into account Troy Mann's brother is running Pittsburgh's scouting and player development dept pretty much.
I would think they are on the same page.

AHL is a different beast. -Its the closest hockey to NHL you will find for Size, speed and skill.
Pieniniemi needs another year to bulk up he's around 175lbs currently as im told he has the speed and skill but size is an issue. (muscle/weight not height)
He needs to work on the bigger and stronger part.
The OHL is a great place to spend that year bulking up in preparation for AHL/NHL

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Wouldn’t be shocked to see Miedema moved if that’s who you’re talking about lol. He hasn’t been moved YET so that’s why he’s in the lineup. I’m not stupid lol I saw how he fluctuated through the lineup at the end of the year just like everyone else. I’m banking on him having a good year based on how bad last years was, but again I wouldn’t be shocked to see him moved.

As for the playoffs. If you don’t think that lineup is making the playoffs then you need to get off your crack pipe there’s 0 chance that lineup is not atleast top 4 in conference.

Niagara is way too young. Very top heavy as well. No depth in lines 3,4 and absolutely 0 defence. Goaltending is suspect as well. They’re not playoff contenders, more than likely they’re playoff hopefuls.
Miedema doesn't like his role supposably but in my opinion didn't show well last season.
I've heard rumblings about him being pretty vocal about not liking playing for Troy.

• Wow

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023

Miedema doesn't like his role supposably but in my opinion didn't show well last season.
I've heard rumblings about him being pretty vocal about not liking playing for Troy.

Accurate scout - I like your posts and comments as opposed to a few others on here.

I wonder if there is any coach he would enjoy playing for unless there is coach that doesn't mind consistent lack of effort and a player being on the wrong side of the puck all the time in all three zones. There is another big name that could go as well. Who knows if both will be moved but I think we see at least one more. If so that could potentially mean that 6-8 fwds from last years line up could be gone, and people are worried about the D? That's a lot of holes to fill and many of them big ones.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah if that got out to you I’m sure Troy has been well aware of that for a while and he DEFINITELY won’t be on the roster come September lol. That’s a HUGE no-no. What a stupid thing to do by Miedema

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Accurate scout - I like your posts and comments as opposed to a few others on here.

I wonder if there is any coach he would enjoy playing for unless there is coach that doesn't mind consistent lack of effort and a player being on the wrong side of the puck all the time in all three zones. There is another big name that could go as well. Who knows if both will be moved but I think we see at least one more. If so that could potentially mean that 6-8 fwds from last years line up could be gone, and people are worried about the D? That's a lot of holes to fill and many of them big ones.
12-15 teams would be lining up for Medeima, trade him at your peril.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
There is another big name that could go as well. Who knows if both will be moved but I think we see at least one more. If so that could potentially mean that 6-8 fwds from last years line up could be gone, and people are worried about the D? That's a lot of holes to fill and many of them big ones.
Is the other big name frasca?? He had a horrible year imo. Start of the year was amazing, then a lot of games I found he was watching out there and not doing a whole lot of doing. I just assumed his injury was hard on him.

12-15 teams would be lining up for Medeima, trade him at your peril.
If he has attitude problems I’m not sure there would be that many. London probably seems like a good team for him, the hunters would get him straightened out. I assume we would get one of their younger forwards (not O’Rielly) and a couple picks

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Yeah if that got out to you I’m sure Troy has been well aware of that for a while and he DEFINITELY won’t be on the roster come September lol. That’s a HUGE no-no. What a stupid thing to do by Miedema
Without going to much into detail he's mentioned it to buddies he's played with on QRD that are on other OHL teams currently.
I can tell you Troy lets players determine their own destiny.
A pro level coach is not going to accept a lackluster effort from JR hockey players and feel he is doing his best to turn them into Pros.

Is the other big name frasca?? He had a horrible year imo. Start of the year was amazing, then a lot of games I found he was watching out there and not doing a whole lot of doing. I just assumed his injury was hard on him.

If he has attitude problems I’m not sure there would be that many. London probably seems like a good team for him, the hunters would get him straightened out. I assume we would get one of their younger forwards (not O’Rielly) and a couple picks
I feel like hes hinting about Burns who has a way higher return value then Frasca does.
I remember at the start of the season how everyone was high on Frasca and saying he would be so much better then Battaglia.
I personally see way more upside in Battaglia.

• Wow

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Brantford has most of their line up returning.
Wolves have enough players that hey will also be a playoff contender

When youare takling about goaltending before you say anything take a look at what Kingston does ot have. Vaccari can not play every game
Kingston has a lot of unknown on defence especially if Uens is your top 4 D
I think Niagara can be in the middle. Like every other team it seems, they can really use a good import.

Reactions: beastintheeast

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Without going to much into detail he's mentioned it to buddies he's played with on QRD that are on other OHL teams currently.
I can tell you Troy lets players determine their own destiny.
A pro level coach is not going to accept a lackluster effort from JR hockey players and feel he is doing his best to turn them into Pros.

I feel like hes hinting about Burns who has a way higher return value then Frasca does.
I remember at the start of the season how everyone was high on Frasca and saying he would be so much better then Battaglia.
I personally see way more upside in Battaglia.
If they trade Burns they are absolutely screwing themselves there unless they plan on going for it in 2025/2026 rather than 2024/2025. Only way I see it not backfiring. They’ll prob get a 17 year old d man for him and lots of picks. He’s a prime candidate for breaking out next year.

Burns 100% has more return value but he is older. I wonder if this has to do with all the fans that harp on the kid like he’s supposed to be the next bobby orr. And believe me there is a lot of people in my section always telling him off from the stands. Mind you I’m from behind the bench too so if I hear it he is too.

I was one of them at the start of the year when he was getting all those OT winners. But as the season went on it’s very clear Battaglia has way more upside and frascas potential nhl future is in jeopardy unless he makes some big steps in the off season and gets healthy.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Erie and NB would be great places for him, maybe Flint and Oshawa, Guelph, …
There would still be 12-15 teams lining up, most just might be with I’ll take the attitude problem off your hands type offers.

If they trade Burns they are absolutely screwing themselves there unless they plan on going for it in 2025/2026 rather than 2024/2025. Only way I see it not backfiring. They’ll prob get a 17 year old d man for him and lots of picks. He’s a prime candidate for breaking out next year.

Burns 100% has more return value but he is older. I wonder if this has to do with all the fans that harp on the kid like he’s supposed to be the next bobby orr. And believe me there is a lot of people in my section always telling him off from the stands. Mind you I’m from behind the bench too so if I hear it he is too.

I was one of them at the start of the year when he was getting all those OT winners. But as the season went on it’s very clear Battaglia has way more upside and frascas potential nhl future is in jeopardy unless he makes some big steps in the off season and gets healthy.
Just play Frasca where he belongs, LW with someone his own speed and skilled like Battaglia

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023

Did we just become friends again? ;) to your first paragraph.

• Haha

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Erie and NB would be great places for him, maybe Flint and Oshawa, Guelph, …
There would still be 12-15 teams lining up, most just might be with I’ll take the attitude problem off your hands type offers.
I left off north bay as I don’t think he would want to go there after the playoffs. Left off Oshawa as well because if Kingston wants to compete this year that could be a team they’re competing against so I can’t see that.
Just play Frasca where he belongs, LW with someone his own speed and skilled like Battaglia
I believe he is a natural centre. Great on faceoffs and defensively just needs to work on offensive game and speed I find. (And with those 2 comes his aggressiveness)

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I left off north bay as I don’t think he would want to go there after the playoffs. Left off Oshawa as well because if Kingston wants to compete this year that could be a team they’re competing against so I can’t see that.

I believe he is a natural centre. Great on faceoffs and defensively just needs to work on offensive game and speed I find. (And with those 2 comes his aggressiveness)
He might be a good, maybe excellent centre at 19-20. Right now, he is not a top six centre for a contending team imo.
just talked to one of my sources. they got told frasca wants out. didnt know about Miedema
There’s a way to get Wakely and VanSteensel, or ship him to Niagara

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
His stock is falling if they are going to move him I’d guess they wait a bit and try to inflate his numbers a bit at the start of the season.
I agree. First line with whoever the 1LW is and Battalia on RW. Trade him 15 games in to a team like Niagara or Peterborough for a good 17 year old and lots of picks and he’s there for 2 years helping them out

Frasca is a John Walters' guy so pencil him in for Niagara with the rest of his clients.
Would fit their timeline there

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
But other than his brother will play there; why? Good for Niagara I guess.
Oh wow forgot about his brother. According to the OHL4Life guy I believe I read something saying he’s not ready for the OHL this year? Or maybe I misinterpreted it. However yes they’re an up and coming young team. Not this coming year the year after they should be among the best in the east. Maybe league.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I agree. First line with whoever the 1C is and Battaglia. Trade him 15 games in to a team like Niagara or Peterborough and he’s there for 2 years helping them out

Would fit their timeline there
I don’t think Peterborough have the assets Kingston would want in a trade for Frasca. Their tradable assets are younger players and Kingston are likely looking for a 19 year old player which the Petes don’t have. It could be a draft pick only trade but I don’t see Peterborough trading multiple high draft picks for a two year player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad