Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Looks like I dragged my heels too long to grab tickets for the Kings/Ducks prospects game Saturday night. Got tickets for the Vegas/Colorado game at 1pm, but I guess I can be a good son and have dinner with my folks in OC instead of squeezing in another game. Outside of Kaliyev/Bjornfot/Thomas, I can see almost everybody else when Ontario comes down to SD.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Hoven mentions both Thomas & Kaliyev possibly being traded by the OHL deadline.

Yeah, both are in slightly different situations. Thomas would arguably be a rental, since he could play in the AHL next season.

Kaliyev is either in the OHL or NHL next season, so he is a higher probability of lasting longer for the team.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Yeah, both are in slightly different situations. Thomas would arguably be a rental, since he could play in the AHL next season.

Kaliyev is either in the OHL or NHL next season, so he is a higher probability of lasting longer for the team.

Both will be playing for non contending teams and both should be traded before the deadline to recoup losses and restore the draft cupboard. Kailyev has an extra year and will be worth more than almost any player in the OHL. Only contenders will be able to acquire Thomas and Kailyev.

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
****Scouting reports on 2 King prospects****

Just in case you missed these, here are 2 audios with scouting reports on 2 King prospects,
Gabriel Vilardi and Alex Turcotte.

Vilardi report (8 minutes long) is by Steve Kournianos (AKA The Draft Analyst), and is from April, 2017.
It serves as a reminder of how well he was regarded, and what he still could possibly be someday:

GABRIEL VILARDI SCOUTING REPORT BY STEVE KOURNIANOS FROM MARCH, 2017

The 2nd report is more recent, and consists of a number of pre-draft scouting reports from
earlier this year on Alex Turcotte (15 minutes):

Alex Turcotte, various scouting reports, combined (audio)

Reactions: King'sPawn

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
You guys might have a diamond in the rough in Jacob Moverare. He's been our best defenseman hands down so far in Frölunda. Extremly solid in his own end, isn't bothered at all when opponents puts the pressure on and it's like he doesn't know how to make a mistake. He's logging heavy minutes on the PK as well. Good outlet pass and skating is alright. He needs to develop his offensive game though. Overall his development since he joined us has been incredible.

Some solid stickwork:

Last edited:

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
You guys might have a diamond in the rough in Jacob Moverare. He's been our best defenseman hands down so far in Frölunda. Extremly solid in his own end, isn't bothered at all when opponents puts the pressure on and it's like he doesn't know how to make a mistake. He's logging heavy minutes on the PK as well. Good outlet pass and skating is alright. He needs to develop his offensive game though. Overall his development since he joined us has been incredible.

Some solid stickwork:

Thanks for the update, appreciate any info you can pass over as the season moves along.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
What's crazy to me is that like damn near everyone one of these prospects is their team's leading guy by far.

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Sept20ThreeStars-730x446.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad