Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
You're correct here.....yet you posted an Eklund tweet.
I posted a Eklund thread as it is allowed by the rules of this site. Your fight /beef is not with me but the mods/owners /powers to be in here. Imo people in here need to learn there is a difference between rumors and trade breakers. There is a huge difference between the two and even the best trade breakers have been wrong . This is only my opinion it also happens to conencide with the site rules . Have a nice day

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not trading Carter after the 2017 season is quickly moving up the list of biggest Kings mistakes in the last 5 years. It has no chance of catching #1, but it is going to be tough to look back and see what the Kings likely could have gotten for a player who has very little trade value right now (or ever again)

1. Lucic trade
2. Not trading Carter
3. Richards non-buyout
4. Phaneuf trade
5. Stevens hire

Carter was carrying the team until the ankle injury. Carter is so low on mistakes by this team, I have a hard time finding it.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Not trading Carter after the 2017 season is quickly moving up the list of biggest Kings mistakes in the last 5 years. It has no chance of catching #1, but it is going to be tough to look back and see what the Kings likely could have gotten for a player who has very little trade value right now (or ever again)

1. Lucic trade
2. Not trading Carter
3. Richards non-buyout
4. Phaneuf trade
5. Stevens hire

I dunno if you can put Carter on such a list. You can technically make a list like that about the 30 other teams that didn't win the cup and say they should have traded x player before it was too late. Seems a lot more Nostradamus than predicting Richards' demise.

Also, I am not sure if the Phaneuf trade belongs on any such list. We got a player that can still play (make whatever jokes you may on his current abilities or caliber) with retention and a vet bottom 6 that we flipped for a higher pick for essentially a dead Arizona-esque contract and a young player falling out of the league and headed for Russia...

Despite everything, Phaneuf is still in the NHL and I don't really have many qualms with letting him finish out his deal on it given the lack of expectations we have for the team now over the next two seasons. We still won the trade. I don't know how you can call it one of the worst. Yeah, he is really bad right now, but not as bad as still having Gaborik on IR and losing Shore to the KHL.

Wouldn’t mind Zucker on the Kings. Local kid. Making slightly more cap hit wise then he should though...

I've always wanted him on the Kings, long before he was even putting up numbers on the Wild, but I don't see the timing for it at all. He would be a move for a team much closer to contention. He would be a waste of assets for us.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Has a team ever fired an interm coach for incompetence and impersonating an NHL coach? Seriously, WD may go down as the worst coach in Kings history. I would love Blake to get rid of him and let Sturm take over for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Simmonds talked **** about the Kings upon leaving. I'm not sure he'd want to come back, nor would the Kings necessarily want him.
Simmonds is to old and going to cost too much to sign or trade for.Kings need to think about the draft and FA signings in the summer or the summer after that.

Last edited:

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Simmonds is to old and going to cost too much to sign or trade for.Kings need to think about the draft and FA signings in the summer or the summer after that.

He's als0 , per an article a couple weeks back, the worst 5 x5 player on the team in every stat, corsi and otherwise. He's good 10 ft from the net and skirmishes after the whistle, but that's all. He's not a good skater, he's slow. He's not very good on the boards, his decision making is questionable and he turns the puck over. I get the emotional attachment, fans love what that bleeding for a team represents, but it's not worth an LTC (he's looking for 7 yrs) in the 6=7 M range.
The reason he's not traded yet, is because the offers are 'underwhelming'. Scouts at games see who he is and what he can't do.
So I am not expecting a great return when they move him tommorow but he needs to go. He's replaceable. He's also part of a leadership group, with Giroux and Voracek, who have done nothing for the last 7 years to get the Flyers into or thru a playoff series. No impact shifts. Not vs the Pens last yr, the Caps 2 yrs before that, the Rangers 4 yrs ago and the Devils 6 yr ago. I wish they'd unload the other 2 as well but that 8.5 M per, nobody is taking those contracts

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Once we see a lot more of the kids on the roster for the last 10 games of the season, I would like to see Strum take over as head coach. It will be good for him to get a head start on instilling his coaching philosophy for next season. Willie will probably keep playing the vets instead of giving ice time to the kids.

Reactions: dman3474

dman3474

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Once we see a lot more of the kids on the roster for the last 10 games of the season, I would like to see Strum take over as head coach. It will be good for him to get a head start on instilling his coaching philosophy for next season. Willie will probably keep playing the vets instead of giving ice time to the kids.
I was talking to my buddy about this yesterday. We know willie isn't going to be back, and the team can't get any worse. Im all for letting Sturm take over for the rest of the season.

Jul 31, 2005
CA

WD40 is still trying to figure out how and where to use Kovalchuk despite it being 100% clear he's the Kings most dangerous offensive player.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Willy’s our true tank commander. No way he goes before the year is over. Any new coach gives us a better chance of winning and gets us farther from the cup.

Hopefully This trade deadline we get rid of some more over 30 players including Lewis. Rather have kids in the bottom 6. Kempe, Grundstrom, Wags, Luff, Amadio need there chance. I want fast skilled puck hounds that can forecheck hard, pot a few and throw the odd hit. Even if we keep Clifford to police the young guys an opponents.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Even dealing Pearson, Muzzin, and Thompson the Kings still look old and stale.

Kings really need to move on from Kovy and Carter. I’m fine with keeping Lewis. The first two Kings lines have been stale for 5 years. The combinations of Brown, Kopitar, Toffoli, Carter in the top 6 are just old and boring.

The bottom 6 is finally starting to look different with guys like Leipsic, Luff, Wagner, Amadio, Kempe moving in with Clifford and Lewis.

The problem is the Kings don’t have any great prospects playing pro at forward. I love Wagner but the dude is a 4th round pick. Luff was a UFA and was sent down. Kings really need to get JAD, Vilardi and guys like that in the AHL. We have some decent prospects but they are in juniors, college, or Europe. We need those guys playing pro even if they don’t make the Kings next year.

Let’s assume we get a lottery pick and he makes the Kings they need to know if someone gets hurt they can call up a former 1st or 2nd rounder to come in and help. Then we start to see multiple high end prospects playing on the big team.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
If Carter was being given away I believe he be traded by now.Blake must be holding at a certain price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad