Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season- Luc/Rob ****Show/ Sell Everyone!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Huge Discount on LA Kings players! let's clean the cupboards boysss!

Hagelin 50% off if you take him two weeks before the deadline

Carter, comes with term and is grumpy - we have our new Carter 2020 coming soon in Vilardi - older model must go! for the low price of a 2nd (now with retained salary!)

Quick - used but in good condition! 1st + High Prospect **high prospect can actually be negotiated for 2 low level prospects) we will throw in an extra 2nd rd pick if you are a returning customer!

Lewis - You love unsung heroes? Don't we have the deal for you! For the entire month of February, Lewis can be yours at 50% retained for a 6th rd pick!

Don't look at what the others are doing, we guarantee the cheapest prices on all our players!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Carolina has a lot of interesting pieces. They have d prospects like Fleury and Bean. The emergence of Aho and the fact Necas is coming could make a guy like Tarvainen available. You mention Hamilton, Maybe he part of deal so they save money or maybe he is moved elsewhere.
Darling does pigeon hold them a bit. I doubt LA would be keen on taking him back.

Look at what goalies get traded for. Look at what 33+ year old goalies get traded for. Not many forwards looking at 70 points in there. If they could get Hamilton, you do that right now, but it's unlikely a soon to be 26 year old RHD is given up for a 33 year old goalie. Probable that the Canes can still get more value than that for him, even though he's already been traded twice.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Look at what goalies get traded for. Look at what 33+ year old goalies get traded for. Not many forwards looking at 70 points in there. If they could get Hamilton, you do that right now, but it's unlikely a soon to be 26 year old RHD is given up for a 33 year old goalie. Probable that the Canes can still get more value than that for him, even though he's already been traded twice.
Quick+Toffoli with $1.5 mil retention in Quick for Pecse?

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I would be shocked if Haglin brought back a 3rd.Thats wishful thinking really.Toffoli isnt being moved without overpayment.Toffoli was reported in Kings plans next season and a 1% chance of being traded.

Where do people keep seeing this 1% Toffoli chance? I haven't seen it anywhere or heard it. I think that was just made up and people ran with it. Blake certainly hasn't been quoted as saying that.

Toffoli has been less than mediocre and played uninspired most of the season and now that he has scored some goals, people are acting like he is the 2nd coming and should never be moved. Two months ago, people were trying to give him away. It just shows how inconsistent the guy is. If he goes into the tank again for a month, how will people feel about him because it runs hot and cold.

Maybe I am just being critical of the guy but even with his recent goals, he is a Sniper with a whopping 12 goals in 56 games. That's not exactly what screams "Building Block."

Last edited:
Reactions: LAKings88

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Where do people keep seeing this 1% Toffoli chance? I haven't seen it anywhere or heard it. I think that was just made up and people ran with it. Blake certainly hasn't been quoted as saying that.

Toffoli has been less than mediocre and played uninspired most of the season and now that he has scored some goals, people are acting like he is the 2nd coming and should never be moved. Two months ago, people were trying to give him away. It just shows how inconsistent the guy is. If he goes into the tank again for a month, how will people feel about him because it runs hot and cold.

Maybe I am just being critical of the guy but even with his recent goals, he is a Sniper with a whopping 12 goals in 56 games. That's not exactly what screams "Building Block."

Complete, and utter crap. First 10-15 games, yes, absolutely, the whole team was,

The past 2 months, the guy has been creating chances, he's recently been finishing on them, but he's been creating MOST of the season.

Having said that, K17 made this point and I agree, he's not going to be one you are comfortable signing a 5-6 year deal with so you need to move him.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Complete, and utter crap. First 10-15 games, yes, absolutely, the whole team was,

The past 2 months, the guy has been creating chances, he's recently been finishing on them, but he's been creating MOST of the season.

Having said that, K17 made this point and I agree, he's not going to be one you are comfortable signing a 5-6 year deal with so you need to move him.

Why does he only have 12 goals and 25 points then if he has been killing it for the past 2 months? He has recently been finishing on them I agree but what does that say about his finishing ability in general if he has been so great for the past 2 months?

Why wouldn't you sign him for 5 years? That would take him to 31 and if he is truly what you just described, then would that not be the type of player that you want to build around if he is creating so much?

I don't think Toffoli has enough value around the league to even get a 1st rounder in return so he probably won't be moved.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Huge Discount on LA Kings players! let's clean the cupboards boysss!

Hagelin 50% off if you take him two weeks before the deadline

Carter, comes with term and is grumpy - we have our new Carter 2020 coming soon in Vilardi - older model must go! for the low price of a 2nd (now with retained salary!)

Quick - used but in good condition! 1st + High Prospect **high prospect can actually be negotiated for 2 low level prospects) we will throw in an extra 2nd rd pick if you are a returning customer!

Lewis - You love unsung heroes? Don't we have the deal for you! For the entire month of February, Lewis can be yours at 50% retained for a 6th rd pick!

Don't look at what the others are doing, we guarantee the cheapest prices on all our players!

Now that is a discounted price!!

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
That wasn't my takeaway; I read it as the movement in spots is utterly meaningless, i.e. we basically gave Thompson away, that drafting 114-124 instead of 125-139 is a negligible difference in value.
I disagree if they are tracking somebody and want to make sure they get him. Then it's worth it. Otherwise, we could just as easily have lost him in the offseason.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Why does he only have 12 goals and 25 points then if he has been killing it for the past 2 months? He has recently been finishing on them I agree but what does that say about his finishing ability in general if he has been so great for the past 2 months?

Why wouldn't you sign him for 5 years? That would take him to 31 and if he is truly what you just described, then would that not be the type of player that you want to build around if he is creating so much?

I don't think Toffoli has enough value around the league to even get a 1st rounder in return so he probably won't be moved.

Says nothing about it, What does it say about William Karlsson that he isn't shooting at the same shooting percentage as last year??? Answer that question, and you will answer your question about Toffoli.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

hate dupilicate posts

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Says nothing about it, What does it say about William Karlsson that he isn't shooting at the same shooting percentage as last year??? Answer that question, and you will answer your question about Toffoli.

I still would take Karlsson over Toffoli as would most of the NHL if they were both available and the prices were similar. Even in an off year, he has 17 goals which would be tied with Kopitar and leading the Kings.

I just think that we disagree on Toffoli's value. Karlsson will get you a first rounder and a prospect in trade. Toffoli would probably net a 2nd rounder. Your point is taken though.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
In my opinion, you don't trade Toffoli unless you get a great offer. He currently is being undervalued due to the whole team declining earlier this season, but his underlying stats point towards him still being a top player. He leads the Kings regulars in SCF%, HDCF% and is 4th among forwards in CF%. The fact that he clicking now shouldn't be a shock to anyone and we should see this continue, because his shooting percentage is still well below his career average. The question of whether you keep him beyond next season is a tough one, but you shouldn't offload a guy when he is running through a bad luck season when you have the opportunity to hold onto him for another season. Look at the Niedereiter trade as an example of poor timing.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I still would take Karlsson over Toffoli as would most of the NHL if they were both available and the prices were similar. Even in an off year, he has 17 goals which would be tied with Kopitar and leading the Kings.

I just think that we disagree on Toffoli's value. Karlsson will get you a first rounder and a prospect in trade. Toffoli would probably net a 2nd rounder. Your point is taken though.

Wait a minute, you think Karlsson is having an OFF year?

You think his 23% shooting percentage was normal?

That explains it.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
In my opinion, you don't trade Toffoli unless you get a great offer. He currently is being undervalued due to the whole team declining earlier this season, but his underlying stats point towards him still being a top player. He leads the Kings regulars in SCF%, HDCF% and is 4th among forwards in CF%. The fact that he clicking now shouldn't be a shock to anyone and we should see this continue, because his shooting percentage is still well below his career average. The question of whether you keep him beyond next season is a tough one, but you shouldn't offload a guy when he is running through a bad luck season when you have the opportunity to hold onto him for another season. Look at the Niedereiter trade as an example of poor timing.

No, you are correct, but if you want to keep him beyond next season, I think it's on a 2-3 year deal which he probably rejects.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Wait a minute, you think Karlsson is having an OFF year?

You think his 23% shooting percentage was normal?

That explains it.

I think Karlsson is better than his year but so far, his sample size has been small since he did little before his monster year last year. To score 43 goals in a year is not usually just some lucky season. This year he has fallen off a cliff compared to that so who knows? Even this year is better than what he did in Columbus. Is he a late bloomer that thrives in a different place?

It’s hard to say if this is his norm or not. Next year will be telling. He will end up with over 20 goals this year but his max output has yet to be determined.

Would you take Toffoli over Karlsson? If so then why not sign him to the 5 years at probably $25-$30 mil? He will only be 31 at the end of that deal.

If people really think that Toffoli is an elite talent and a building block then the Kings have to pay market rate and probably give him more than 2-3 years because someone else will. If they aren’t going to do that then the clock is ticking and the value goes down in his walk year.

My goal isn’t to be argumentative here. I am just not a huge Toffoli fan because I feel he should be a lot better on the scoresheet.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I think Karlsson is better than his year but so far, his sample size has been small since he did little before his monster year last year. To score 43 goals in a year is not usually just some lucky season. This year he has fallen off a cliff compared to that so who knows?

It’s hard to say if this is his norm or not. Next year will be telling. He will end up with over 20 goals this year but his max output has yet to be determined.

Would you take Toffoli over Karlsson? If so then why not sign him to the 5 years at probably $25-$30 mil? He will only be 31 at the end of that deal.

If people really think that Toffoli is some elite talent and a building block then the Kings have to pay market rate and probably give him more than 2-3 years because someone else will. If they aren’t going to do that then the clock is ticking and the value goes down in his walk year.

It's not about Karlsson vs Toffoli man, it's about people being close to norms or averages,

Since 2009-2010, Karlsson's career year, last year, was the 10th best shooting percentage, the idea that you think 23% is a normal year just scares the hell out of me to be honest and makes me wonder if you know what you are talking about....

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I think all the large contracts are done for a while. One way or another, I'd say Toffoli won't be around beyond next season.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the rise in Toffoli's play happened when Carter is not in the lineup or not on the same line? I could be wrong, but I think TT's numbers started to put up numbers the moment he was paired with Kempe. I expect when/if Carter returns for that boob WD to reunite TT with Carter. "Same as it ever was"

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Carolina has a lot of interesting pieces. They have d prospects like Fleury and Bean. The emergence of Aho and the fact Necas is coming could make a guy like Tarvainen available. You mention Hamilton, Maybe he part of deal so they save money or maybe he is moved elsewhere.
Darling does pigeon hold them a bit. I doubt LA would be keen on taking him back.

I highly doubt Teravainen, who they just signed 2 weeks ago to a 5 year extension and is their 2nd best offensive player would be available. The Canes NEED offensive talent more than anything (more than even a goalie), so the fact that Necas is coming only helps fill a bunch of holes they already have.

Canes have to figure out how to get rid of Darling before they can even consider taking on another goalie IMO. Unfortunately, that's not an easy task.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone else noticed the rise in Toffoli's play happened when Carter is not in the lineup or not on the same line? I could be wrong, but I think TT's numbers started to put up numbers the moment he was paired with Kempe. I expect when/if Carter returns for that boob WD to reunite TT with Carter. "Same as it ever was"

You are completely correct, I had noticed this too, but hadn't realized how bad it was. Here are the numbers: Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

Reactions: Fat Elvis

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
It's not about Karlsson vs Toffoli man, it's about people being close to norms or averages,

Since 2009-2010, Karlsson's career year, last year, was the 10th best shooting percentage, the idea that you think 23% is a normal year just scares the hell out of me to be honest and makes me wonder if you know what you are talking about....

I didn’t mean to imply that it’s normal. I just think that he is probably better than where he is now and less than the year he had last year.

That’s it.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I didn’t mean to imply that it’s normal. I just think that he is probably better than where he is now and less than the year he had last year.

That’s it.

Fair enough, but the same EXACT thing can be said about Toffoli, it's probably worse than where he is now, and worse than the year he had last year,

That's the point I am trying to make to you, is when players don't play to their career averages, they look great or like crap. and not who they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $681.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki