Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Zuccarello has a full NMC, he’d have to waive. And he’s scoring at a PPG pace on the top line with Kaprizov, sooo… why would he?

On hockey forums a lot of fans seem to belive that as long as the club "asks him forcefully enough" the player will say yes.

Disregarding that a NMC is a protection against strongarming tactics like that.

The guy you're replying to didn't say this, but a lot of posters genuinely word their response something along the lines of "Either you accept a move to x or you'll play in the AHL or on the 4th line", like that is something you do to a person without being a full on cartoon villain.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Ahhh....next year he will have a modified no trade clause and can be traded. He will be 36 or something and his best years behind him. It would be an absolute travesty to sacrifice Fiala to keep Zucc
Who says Fiala even wants to re-sign with the Wild? It's not sacrificing Fiala. I'm sure Guerin will weigh trade offers for both and base his decision on their trade value and their fit with the team.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Who says Fiala even wants to re-sign with the Wild? It's not sacrificing Fiala. I'm sure Guerin will weigh trade offers for both and base his decision on their trade value and their fit with the team.
Fiala says Fiala wants to sign here. He was looking for a 6-8 year deal last summer and Guerin wouldn’t commit.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Id offer Devils 1st top 5 protected and one of Boqvist Kuokkanen and if push came to shove id offer Foote . If a D prospect is preferred id go as far as to offer Bahl.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Ahhh....next year he will have a modified no trade clause and can be traded. He will be 36 or something and his best years behind him. It would be an absolute travesty to sacrifice Fiala to keep Zucc

On hockey forums a lot of fans seem to belive that as long as the club "asks him forcefully enough" the player will say yes.

Disregarding that a NMC is a protection against strong-arming tactics like that.

The guy you're replying to didn't say this, but a lot of posters genuinely word their response something along the lines of "Either you accept a move to x or you'll play in the AHL or on the 4th line", like that is something you do to a person without being a full on cartoon villain.

Good catch, spotrac confirms. Starting next year he has a 10-team no trade list, so it would not be impossible to move him. That being said I'm not sure I see it happening. The Wild are still getting good value from him at $6M a year, he's had instant and sustained chemistry with 97, and his skating hasn't diminished at all he's one of the fastest players on the team. He's an offensive catalyst, his teammates adore him, and he provides some veteran savvy and playoff experience. Given the Wild's hesitancy to extend Fiala long term, that suggests to me that they don't see him in their plans for the future and they probably know that he's the more valuable asset on the trade market given his age, skill, potential, etc.

Reactions: Idlerlee

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Lizard is quick, but he is not one of the fastest players on the team. Not even close. I do agree that Guerin would have to think long and hard about moving a guy who does nothing but produce, and is a proven "match" with the team's best player.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'd like to put him next to Zegras

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Interesting how the Wild use Fiala given his offensive talent. I wonder if he's happy playing on the 3rd line and 2nd PP while guys like Hartman are getting juicy 1st PP time.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Interesting how the Wild use Fiala given his offensive talent. I wonder if he's happy playing on the 3rd line and 2nd PP while guys like Hartman are getting juicy 1st PP time.

Probably not, but that's how it goes on a team with three talented forwards and they're all wingers. Ideally Boldy would be playing with Fiala, but Guerin has other plans, I guess.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He was getting lots of juicy PP1 time and doing nothing with it until he was recently taken off.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
It's factually correct to say that Fiala's "only" hit 20+ goals three times at the age of 25. It's also factually correct to say that there are only 35 forwards in the league with more goals than him in the previous two seasons, and that he hasn't exactly been feeding off of linemates or a hot powerplay in Minnesota. If you want to be obtuse about why "pace" is relevant when the last two seasons have been shortened by a pandemic I can't stop you, but no one's fooled by that either.

He's a 1st line caliber winger that'll score plenty but needs a raise. A 1st + a prospect is a pretty moderate expectation.

May i ask why this 1st line winger is in every Minny started proposal?
Absolutely no team in the NHL is giving up their 1st line scoring wingers but Minny.
Sounds suspicious to me....

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Absolutely no team in the NHL is giving up their 1st line scoring wingers but Minny.
The reason's been pointed out in every single thread that Fiala comes up in: Minnesota has $15m in dead cap space coming up due to buyouts, and we're relatively deep with wing prospects. That plus Fiala needing an extension that will be difficult for the Wild specifically to afford over the next 3 seasons make it pretty easy to connect the dots.

I don't think there are many Wild fans that actually want to see Fiala go, and more than a few that would like to find a way to squeeze him in even with the team's cap situation. Realistically though, he's going to be a trade candidate this summer.

Reactions: RussosBurner

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would offer Sens 2nd (35ish) + Boucher for Fiala, give a little for an agreed upon extension
The value is probably in the realm, but not really a fan of taking on Dorion's pet project. He made that bed, he can lie in it.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can't say I know a ton about Boucher but his numbers are.... yucky
Numbers are horrendous, yes.

I don't value Boucher as much as the Sens for sure, they obviously saw something in him and value him much more than the average Sens fan/HF user. I'd think they value him as the Sens #2/3/4 guy after Sanderson, though he'd be closer to 10 if you polled the Sens board.

Most physical player in recent memory, good skater, can finish. Hasn't put up numbers yet, I'd imagine the Sens are expecting an uptick in scoring next year.

Was a huge reach at 10, and I personally don't value him anywhere near as much as a 10th overall pick, but the Sens obviously placed that value on him for better or worse. In the Sens eyes, at the very least, he's a very valuable piece

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe you didn't hear about the Suter and Parise buyouts in the off season, and how their cap hit penalties will kick in big time starting next year? MN doesn't want to trade Fiala, but they will be stuck between a rock and a hard place in 2022-23 cap wise. It's either move Dumba(playing like a #2 D), Zuccarello(PPG and perfect fit with Kaprizov on ice, nvm that they are BFF's), or Fiala, who doesn't have a contract for next year. There are no good scenarios here...

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Numbers are horrendous, yes.

I don't value Boucher as much as the Sens for sure, they obviously saw something in him and value him much more than the average Sens fan/HF user. I'd think they value him as the Sens #2/3/4 guy after Sanderson, though he'd be closer to 10 if you polled the Sens board.

Most physical player in recent memory, good skater, can finish. Hasn't put up numbers yet, I'd imagine the Sens are expecting an uptick in scoring next year.

Was a huge reach at 10, and I personally don't value him anywhere near as much as a 10th overall pick, but the Sens obviously placed that value on him for better or worse. In the Sens eyes, at the very least, he's a very valuable piece
I doubt the Wild would have any interest in him unless he's coming with a 1st round pick, which Ottawa will not/should not do given the fact that it will likely be a very high pick. Wild and Sens probably aren't great trade partners rn especially for Fiala.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I noticed that Minnesotas only real fault is that their PP isn't great.
Would a trade like....
Barrie, 1st for Fiala, Benn work?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad