Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
What the hell bring you guys to the conclusion that an undersized guy who barely cracked the 20 goal mark 3 times in his 8 years of NHL will fetch a 1st rounder, not mention a +

If that is a real thing, i can't wait to trade Iafallo and Kempe for 2 1strounder each

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What the hell bring you guys to the conclusion that an undersized guy who barely cracked the 20 goal mark 3 times in his 8 years of NHL will fetch a 1st rounder, not mention a +

If that is a real thing, i can't wait to trade Iafallo and Kempe for 2 1strounder each

What's the point of even making a post like this when all it does is show everyone that you don't know what you're talking about and they shouldn't take you seriously in this thread?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What's the point of even making a post like this when all it does is show everyone that you don't know what you're talking about and they shouldn't take you seriously in this thread?
I feel like a lot of people from other teams have already offered a 1st + solid prospect, or 2nd + better prospect... clearly fiala has value.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013

He’s averaged 25G/60P pace since he’s been in Minnesota. That’s likely to go up as his numbers normalize this year. He also brings a ton of speed and can PK. He’s worth a first

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Fiala is a locker room jackpot with some heavy bags built up. The number of teams wanting to take him on is going to be smaller

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I dont get the lack of love for Fiala.
As a Devils fan , I would be all over getting Fiala.
Gives Nico a fellow Swiss buddy to play on his wing and enables Bratt or Holtz when he is ready to play with Hughes.
I would be good with offering a top 3 protected 1st plus ? for Fiala.
Devils have surplus LHD or forwards like Kuokkanen , Sharangovich , Foote , Thompson , or perhaps Zacha .

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
A little unrelated but, I like the pick @11, that gives us a chance at David Jiricek, @ 15 I'd hope Fitz does what Gorton did to him and jumps in before DJ is taken, he's been trending up the charts lately. If not Ryan Chesley should be there @ 15

Unrelated but Jiricek will go closer to #3 than #11

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'd love to keep him but I don't think we can do that without wrecking our depth. I hope he knows he's loved. :/

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What is a locker room jackpot? When has Fiala been an issue in the locker room?

He was in Nashville and remains in Minnesota. Both guys on the 32 thoughts podcast were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. They said something along the lines that he is....shall we say...cocky to be nice. His teammates hate his guts. Take it for what its worth but Elliotte isn't know for wild comments

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He was in Nashville and remains in Minnesota. Both guys on the 32 thoughts podcast were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. They said something along the lines that he is....shall we say...cocky to be nice. His teammates hate his guts. Take it for what its worth but Elliotte isn't know for wild comments

well he got invited to Spurgeon's TG. I really don't think his teammates hate him here.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021

Maybe you heard wrong. The guy is always smiling and his teammates dazzle on their feet @ his moves.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

And where in post am i factual wrong if i may ask?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I dont get the lack of love for Fiala.
As a Devils fan , I would be all over getting Fiala.
Gives Nico a fellow Swiss buddy to play on his wing and enables Bratt or Holtz when he is ready to play with Hughes.
I would be good with offering a top 3 protected 1st plus ? for Fiala.
Devils have surplus LHD or forwards like Kuokkanen , Sharangovich , Foote , Thompson , or perhaps Zacha .

All this has nothing to with lack of love.
The thing is that the Minny guys figured Fialla out and this is why they put him into every trade proposal they can.
He is an undersized quick player who reached his potential and can't get stuff done on his own.
Absolutely no player you want in a cup contending team.

Everything else is car salesman talk about potential and their favourite word "pace".
Most sales man in this forum will learn at some point that there is no "on pace to win the cup"
You have to actually win it. This ain't happening with players who are always on pace for something

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Iafallo and Kempe getting 2 1sts each, for starters.

Both those guys have zero 20 goal seasons combined.

But wait, there is our favorite word "Pace" everyone in here loves
Both of them are on pace for way over 30 goals.

There are also people asking for 3 1sts for Kravtsov.
So 2 1sts is more on the conservative side of trading

Beside that, i never stated the fact that Kempe and Iafallo return 2 1sts.
I just stated if people ask for 1st+ prospect for Fiala, i will ask for 2 1sts for Iafallo and Kempe

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He’ll be traded because we can’t afford him next season. That’s the only reason. Not due to lack of skill or dislike from his teammates.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
But wait, there is our favorite word "Pace" everyone in here loves
Both of them are on pace for way over 30 goals.

There are also people asking for 3 1sts for Kravtsov.
So 2 1sts is more on the conservative side of trading

Beside that, i never stated the fact that Kempe and Iafallo return 2 1sts.
I just stated if people ask for 1st+ prospect for Fiala, i will ask for 2 1sts for Iafallo and Kempe

Pace works in Fiala’s favor as much or more than your guys. I really think you just overshot your shot. It happens.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
And where in post am i factual wrong if i may ask?
It's factually correct to say that Fiala's "only" hit 20+ goals three times at the age of 25. It's also factually correct to say that there are only 35 forwards in the league with more goals than him in the previous two seasons, and that he hasn't exactly been feeding off of linemates or a hot powerplay in Minnesota. If you want to be obtuse about why "pace" is relevant when the last two seasons have been shortened by a pandemic I can't stop you, but no one's fooled by that either.

He's a 1st line caliber winger that'll score plenty but needs a raise. A 1st + a prospect is a pretty moderate expectation.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Would the Wild trade him during the season though?
Guerin probably would if he thought it made the team better, but I don't see how that's possible. With Hartman doing well on Kaprizov's line the team's biggest need is another skilled offensive player for Fiala's line. Even if swapping him for a slight upgrade was possible it wouldn't accomplish much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad