Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Right they are not common, but it gives teams a reference for how much they would have to give up. Teams know that Fiala & the Wild are likely going their separate ways. Just like Reinhart & Buchnevich. Why give up top 10 pick / top tier prospect when Guerin won't match that offer sheet. I don't think he's going to be offer sheeted, but what he gets in a trade will be close to that 1st/2nd/3rd value because teams know that's an option they have.

If Fiala was staying with Minnesota I feel like he would have signed last year.
He tried to. He wants to stay here. Guerin didn’t want to commit to him.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm worried that he would.
Guerin takes his prospect advice from Brackett. And, if history is any indication, I don’t think Brackett would be very high on Boucher. He’d probably value him as a 2nd rounder.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If Fiala is worth only a 1st + b prospect (Reinhart return), then Kaprizov only brings back 2 1sts in a deal. Fiala is half a year older and is just a tier under Kaprizov. If Kap is a 100 point player this year, I don’t think it’s egregious to say Fiala would be a 90 point player if he had Boldy all year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would trade our first for Fiala this year but not sure Minnesota wants it in a weak draft, wanted the Nico + Fiala connection for a while.
A #5 pick, or whatever NJD's is this year, has a chance to be a very nice player. This draft doesn't have a generational(McDavid, Mackinnon), or even a star player identified yet(Dahlin, Eichel), but guys like Draisatl were thought to be disappointments early on. After Wright(who is a Beniers type at best to me), there is bound to be a really good player or two- the key is to ID them. Easier said than done.

Maybe i'm crazy, but I think NJD's 1st and a B prospect/3rd/2023 2nd is about the best MN can expect, if they aren't taking back cap. That has value in itself.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would something around boeser + work? Boeser should sign for around 6.25-6.5M long term I’d imagine
MN is only trading Fiala because they don't have the cap space to keep him. Trading for another player who would want almost the same makes no sense at all for MN.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
MN is only trading Fiala because they don't have the cap space to keep him. Trading for another player who would want almost the same makes no sense at all for MN.
Ahh okay I didn’t know Minnesota was that cap strapped. I went off of previous years where fiala and the wild had troubles coming to an agreement on deals and it seemed like they just didn’t think he’s worth 6M+.

Based off that and the fact he probably asks for 7.5M + now, I thought boeser at 6.5M max would be worth the downgrade + additional asset(s) to stay competitive and get young top 6 piece back. Obviously I was wrong on that assumption

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Fiala is worth only a 1st + b prospect (Reinhart return), then Kaprizov only brings back 2 1sts in a deal. Fiala is half a year older and is just a tier under Kaprizov. If Kap is a 100 point player this year, I don’t think it’s egregious to say Fiala would be a 90 point player if he had Boldy all year.

At the rate he's going he may still hit 90. His per 82 pace since December 20th is 107. 64 points in 49 games.

Reactions: djgriff

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Sort of a bigger deal in mind with Ottawa if Minnesota needs to clear cap, while still being competitive.

Fiala, Foligno for Ottawa 1st (assuming they do not win the lottery), Connor Brown, Alex Formenton, Brannstrom, 2023 2nd Rd Pick, B Prospect

Breaks down as:

Fiala for Ottawa 1st, Connor Brown, 2nd Rd Pick

Foligno for Formenton + Brannstrom + B Prospect

Production wise, Formenton and Foligno are pretty much a wash, but Ottawa gets a little protection up front for Stutzle and the other young guns with Foligno’s size and physicality.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sort of a bigger deal in mind with Ottawa if Minnesota needs to clear cap, while still being competitive.

Fiala, Foligno for Ottawa 1st (assuming they do not win the lottery), Connor Brown, Alex Formenton, Brannstrom, 2023 2nd Rd Pick, B Prospect

Breaks down as:

Production wise, Formenton and Foligno are pretty much a wash, but Ottawa gets a little protection up front for Stutzle and the other young guns with Foligno’s size and physicality.

I can give you my personal money-back guarantee that Foligno isn't going anywhere

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm beginning to hope with how good Middleton has been, Merrill, Kulikov, and goligoski under contract with Addison in the Wings they are going to trade Dumba instead.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
"Probably"? How about "maybe at best"? He could also be the next Luke Kunin, or Casey Mittlestadt, or Puljujarvi. Fact is, he is a young player who has shown next to nothing so far.
If Wahlstrom is considered an untouchable in a possible trade for Fiala then maybe you need to take the homer goggles off for a bit.
I agree, it's very funny to read fans who believe that it is their young player who will definitely become a supertop.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich

Breaks down as:

This only works form an OTT point of view if Fiala is willing to sign a long term deal. Does not make sense for any team to give up a lot without the certainty of him committing long term. Not sure what his view is, but I can imagine he wants to play for a team that is not in a rebuild at the moment.

Generally speaking Minny should try to move a guy like Dumba to keep Fiala, they should - and I think will - get a deal done. The only thing that could change that would be a dissapointing playoff perfomance from Fiala.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
At this point is it worth to keep Dumba over Fiala?
This only works form an OTT point of view if Fiala is willing to sign a long term deal. Does not make sense for any team to give up a lot without the certainty of him committing long term. Not sure what his view is, but I can imagine he wants to play for a team that is not in a rebuild at the moment.

Generally speaking Minny should try to move a guy like Dumba to keep Fiala, they should - and I think will - get a deal done. The only thing that could change that would be a dissapointing playoff perfomance from Fiala.
That's the general consensus now, with Fiala playing like a star 1st liner, while Dumba is sitting on the sidelines injured. However, Dumba is one of the top 3 Dmen on the team, is still relatively young, also one of the few RHD's(almost all the young d prospects are LH), and is very well liked by players and coaches(is an "A").

It was known that Fiala was talented, but I don't think anyone planned for his production to explode like this. Guerin has to be reassessing things right now.

Really, the play is to get rid of a bunch of smaller pieces like Jost, Greenway, Kulikov(having a good year), forget any thoughts of signing MAF/Middleton, replacing all those guys with ELC's (doable).

Zuccarello is also someone MN might look at moving. He is having a career year, and is Kaprizov's wingman and buddy, but do you keep a 34yo over 25 yo Fiala?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
That's the general consensus now, with Fiala playing like a star 1st liner, while Dumba is sitting on the sidelines injured. However, Dumba is one of the top 3 Dmen on the team, is still relatively young, also one of the few RHD's(almost all the young d prospects are LH), and is very well liked by players and coaches(is an "A").

It was known that Fiala was talented, but I don't think anyone planned for his production to explode like this. Guerin has to be reassessing things right now.

Really, the play is to get rid of a bunch of smaller pieces like Jost, Greenway, Kulikov(having a good year), forget any thoughts of signing MAF/Middleton, replacing all those guys with ELC's (doable).

Zuccarello is also someone MN might look at moving. He is having a career year, and is Kaprizov's wingman and buddy, but do you keep a 34yo over 25 yo Fiala?

Zucarello, the guy with near 80 points and a modified NMC? If you were one or the the othering things in a vacuum you'd be nuts to keep him over Fiala but considering the limitations of who you'll be able to trade with--and if you think he'll cooperate to move and not pick absolute non-starter teams you're crazy--and his BFF status with Kaprizov I don't think moving Zuccarello will be a real option. And his cap is still $2m less than what Fiala should get which means you'll probably have to replace another decent player in addition to Zuccy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello isn't going anywhere...trust me.

When it comes to Fiala, I believe they made a decision to move him last year, doesn't matter how well he plays. Any player should showcase himself when he knows that a new big contract is just around the corner, and that's exactly what Fiala is doing with success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad