Value of: Kevin Fiala

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zucarello, the guy with near 80 points and a modified NMC? If you were one or the the othering things in a vacuum you'd be nuts to keep him over Fiala but considering the limitations of who you'll be able to trade with--and if you think he'll cooperate to move and not pick absolute non-starter teams you're crazy--and his BFF status with Kaprizov I don't think moving Zuccarello will be a real option. And his cap is still $2m less than what Fiala should get which means you'll probably have to replace another decent player in addition to Zuccy.

Zuccarello can be a summer of 2023 decision. Then it's only 1 season that we'd deprive ourselves of his services for sure.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zuccarello isn't going anywhere...trust me.

When it comes to Fiala, I believe they made a decision to move him last year, doesn't matter how well he plays. Any player should showcase himself when he knows that a new big contract is just around the corner, and that's exactly what Fiala is doing with success.

It's probably true, but decisions that haven't come to fruition are allowed to be re-visited.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello can be a summer of 2023 decision. Then it's only 1 season that we'd deprive ourselves of his services for sure.

Technically his clause turns into a 10 team no trade list on July 1, 2022, so we could trade him this summer if we wanted to.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What would work from Detroit? We need elite forwards

It would start with your 1st, then add ...something good that doesn't have much cap attached(i.e. no Bertuzzi).

I get to watch Berggren quite a bit. He is a vg AHL player, but I'm not sold on him as a big time NHL'er. Not sure about his smarts. I thought Veleno was going to good, but he is also very ordinary so far...not sure what's missing.

Berggren and your 1st(8th)? Doesn't thrill me, TBH. Seems like our prospect pools are similar, with plenty of talent at LHD, and a nice G prospect. 1st, Mazur, and a 2023 2nd?

Probably the best value would be to offer your 1st and Wallinder(assuming Edvinsson is untouchable), but MN simply doesn't need more LHD prospects.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
If
It would start with your 1st, then add ...something good that doesn't have much cap attached(i.e. no Bertuzzi).

I get to watch Berggren quite a bit. He is a vg AHL player, but I'm not sold on him as a big time NHL'er. Not sure about his smarts. I thought Veleno was going to good, but he is also very ordinary so far...not sure what's missing.

Berggren and your 1st(8th)? Doesn't thrill me, TBH. Seems like our prospect pools are similar, with plenty of talent at LHD, and a nice G prospect. 1st, Mazur, and a 2023 2nd?

Probably the best value would be to offer your 1st and Wallinder(assuming Edvinsson is untouchable), but MN simply doesn't need more LHD prospects.
I’d do 1st/Mazur/2nd, not sure if other wings fans would. That’s a fair deal imo.

Wallinder works too but I’d hope to hold on to him if possible

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If

I’d do 1st/Mazur/2nd, not sure if other wings fans would. That’s a fair deal imo.

Wallinder works too but I’d hope to hold on to him if possible
Again, Wallinder is an interesting player, but MN is pretty set with young LHD prospects.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Could, but don't have to. And if I'm looking at this summer, I choose to keep Zuccarello around vs. Dumba + Jost.
Dumba this Summer, Zuccy next summer makes the most sense to me. Keep the top 9 in tact. Brodin and Spurgeon will keep the backend serviceable. I’d like to keep Middleton too.

Rossi-Kaprizov
Boldy-Fiala

Should be the top 6 duo for atleast the next 4 years.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Dumba this Summer, Zuccy next summer makes the most sense to me. Keep the top 9 in tact. Brodin and Spurgeon will keep the backend serviceable. I’d like to keep Middleton too.

Rossi-Kaprizov
Boldy-Fiala

Should be the top 6 duo for atleast the next 4 years.

Yeah, would hurt losing Zucc because I like him a lot, but it really shouldn't be a tough decision. It's (maybe) 3-4 more years of Zuccarello vs. 6+ more years of Fiala.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
OTT 1st 2022 + some combination of Thomson/Bernard-Docker/Jarventie/Sokolov/Ostapchuk/Roger/Johansson/Gustavsson/Merilainen

Would assume the organization values the prospects I listed roughly in that order as well (who knows with goalies).

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
OTT 1st 2022 + some combination of Thomson/Bernard-Docker/Jarventie/Sokolov/Ostapchuk/Roger/Johansson/Gustavsson/Merilainen

Would assume the organization values the prospects I listed roughly in that order as well (who knows with goalies).
Not an insulting offer. Looks like you are locked in at #7 oa this year. I know a lot of MN fans are hot for Pinto, but I'd just as soon take Greig. JBD is the best RHD defensively, more so than Thompson?

If i was Guerin i'd hold out for one of Pinto/Greig, then hope Nemec/Jiricek are available in the draft.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I think at this point it's much more likely that the Wild find a way to re-sign Fiala and move other pieces to make it work with the cap. Dumba is probably gone. You just don't trade 25 year old superstars unless its absolutely unavoidable, which is not the case here.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think at this point it's much more likely that the Wild find a way to re-sign Fiala and move other pieces to make it work with the cap. Dumba is probably gone. You just don't trade 25 year old superstars unless its absolutely unavoidable, which is not the case here.
Who knows, with guerin? Your namesake stated that it was unlikely that Guerin would re-sign Goligoski for another year a few days before he re-signed him to a two year deal.

Guerin is obsessed with "his guys", and the "dressing room", and "physicality".

I hope he doesn't f*** this up.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Who knows, with guerin? Your namesake stated that it was unlikely that Guerin would re-sign Goligoski for another year a few days before he re-signed him to a two year deal.

True. He could decide he doesn't want to subtract any more from the defense corps and decide that trading Fiala for a haul of picks/prospects would be better. I would disagree but I accept that that scenario is possible. I just think the way Fiala has matured this year and the chemistry he has with Boldy will make Guerin see the light and commit to him long term. If he was even a couple years older I'd say move him, but I think even BG probably realized how vital Fiala has become to the team overall. Getting rid of Fiala would be risky because of the way he and Boldy compliment the top line so well, teams can't stop the Wild by focusing on Kaprizov alone. In a league that's favoring scoring and production more and more I think the Wild know they can't lose Fiala unless it's for an absolutely absurd overpayment by some team. If I was a betting man I would put my money on 22 being in Minnesota next year.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

What if we include our coach - DK Smith for your coach in the trade for Fiala? I'm sure Guerin would love Smith

Reactions: 57special

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
True. He could decide he doesn't want to subtract any more from the defense corps and decide that trading Fiala for a haul of picks/prospects would be better. I would disagree but I accept that that scenario is possible. I just think the way Fiala has matured this year and the chemistry he has with Boldy will make Guerin see the light and commit to him long term. If he was even a couple years older I'd say move him, but I think even BG probably realized how vital Fiala has become to the team overall. Getting rid of Fiala would be risky because of the way he and Boldy compliment the top line so well, teams can't stop the Wild by focusing on Kaprizov alone. In a league that's favoring scoring and production more and more I think the Wild know they can't lose Fiala unless it's for an absolutely absurd overpayment by some team. If I was a betting man I would put my money on 22 being in Minnesota next year.
I hope you are right. Even if Fiala gets max term he will still be younger than Zuccarello is now at the end of it. I can easily see Boldy getting better next year- he' still a pup - the havoc those two will create will be a sight to see.
Dumba is a good player, but never realized the elite offensive potential he flashed pre - injury. I don't want to lose him, but you don't trade away one of the top 3 offensive forwards this team has ever had(Kaprizov, Gaborik)for a #3 dman because he is "good in the room".
In other words, Dumba is good, but Fiala is much better, and younger. Pay one, move the other.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

I mentioned on the Detroit forum that I would only trade Bertuzzi in a hockey trade. Fiala for Bertuzzi might be a good one, especially if Guerin is obsessed with the locker room stuff and physicality. I think a trade could be made straight up, or a slight add from Detroit.

Bertuzzi has 1 more year at 4.75 mil which is cheaper than Fiala's current deal. Plus Fiala is probably looking at an 8+ million deal this offseason, so this is a big savings to Minnesota. Detroit gets the better player but Minnesota gets a scoring forward with term and plays more to the style Guerin wants.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Not an insulting offer. Looks like you are locked in at #7 oa this year. I know a lot of MN fans are hot for Pinto, but I'd just as soon take Greig. JBD is the best RHD defensively, more so than Thompson?

If i was Guerin i'd hold out for one of Pinto/Greig, then hope Nemec/Jiricek are available in the draft.

I'd hope Greig would be off the table, but I absolutely understand holding out hope for him. Personally I think the organization would have a hard time moving #7 overall and a guy of Grieg or Pinto's ilk together, but Dorion has done stranger things in the past.

You'll probably find a split among Sens fans in regards to JBD/Thomson. JBD seems safer while Thomson may ultimately have the slightly higher upside based on his size and shot. I'd call them both "defence first" players at the NHL level though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mentioned on the Detroit forum that I would only trade Bertuzzi in a hockey trade. Fiala for Bertuzzi might be a good one, especially if Guerin is obsessed with the locker room stuff and physicality. I think a trade could be made straight up, or a slight add from Detroit.
Bertuzzi has 1 more year at 4.75 mil which is cheaper than Fiala's current deal. Plus Fiala is probably looking at an 8+ million deal this offseason, so this is a big savings to Minnesota. Detroit gets the better player but Minnesota gets a scoring forward with term and plays more to the style Guerin wants.

I understand your thinking, but it doesn't work for MN cap wise. Their cap penalties actually get worse in 23-24 and 24-25, making it impossible to keep Bertuzzi after next year.

Bertuzzi is also two years older, and less talented than Fiala. I don't see where this deal has any appeal at all for MN.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd hope Greig would be off the table, but I absolutely understand holding out hope for him. Personally I think the organization would have a hard time moving #7 overall and a guy of Grieg or Pinto's ilk together, but Dorion has done stranger things in the past.

You'll probably find a split among Sens fans in regards to JBD/Thomson. JBD seems safer while Thomson may ultimately have the slightly higher upside based on his size and shot. I'd call them both "defence first" players at the NHL level though.
Frankly, if it doesn't hurt, then it's not a fair deal. I have no doubts that fiala is worth a #7 and Grieg, if not more, just not sure on OTT's willingness to spend money on a long term contract.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I understand your thinking, but it doesn't work for MN cap wise. Their cap penalties actually get worse in 23-24 and 24-25, making it impossible to keep Bertuzzi after next year.

Bertuzzi is also two years older, and less talented than Fiala. I don't see where this deal has any appeal at all for MN.

Cheaper + more physical play style. And if you can't sign him in 2023 then trade him to someone at the TDL? He's less talented yet still has 60 points in 67 games for a terrible Detroit team. I'd argue that Fiala isn't hitting 80 points in Detroit and that his production would be closer to 70ish points. And you could bank on Bertuzzi scoring more in Minnesota with better talent around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad