Value of: Kevin Fiala and Matt Dumba

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Talk to me...
Anything of interest not involving Edvinsson, Seider or Raymond?

Edit: regarding fiala. Not dumba

Would something like Berggren + Johansson + 2nd be enticing at all? Pretty top flight prospects for Detroit. A 1st would be difficult

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anything of interest not involving Edvinsson, Seider or Raymond?
Your 1st. Understand that the above players are out of bounds, as well as Cossa(got Wallstedt in the same drasft). They all look to be terrific, though obviously speculating on Edvinsson.

Last edited:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Perhaps the "keep Fiala at all cost" fans would be willing to trade Dumba for a 2nd and a 4th. I think that is a horrible way of going about things. Look at the Lindholm trade for what Minnesota should ask for Dumba. Hell, Chiarot got more than a 2nd+4th in return at the deadline.

#28+Johnson+2nd+4th is an absolute dog water proposal for Fiala AND Dumba. I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that for Fiala alone.

Dumba, based on the Lindholm and Chiarot trades, should get some variation between 1st+future 2nd+future 2nd+prospect and 1st+4th+prospect.
Turns out #28+Ryan Johnson wasn't too far off from what you ended up with for Fiala. Wonder how it will turn out for Dumba?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Turns out #28+Ryan Johnson wasn't too far off from what you ended up with for Fiala. Wonder how it will turn out for Dumba?
Pick is worse and Johnson is worse. Johnson wasn’t a need with Lambos, O’Rourke, Peart, Hunt, etc at LHD.

I’d say Dumba probably pulls a late 1st and a mid round pick.

• Haha
Reactions: MNRube

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Pick is worse and Johnson is worse. Johnson wasn’t a need with Lambos, O’Rourke, Peart, Hunt, etc at LHD.

I’d say Dumba probably pulls a late 1st and a mid round pick.
Value difference between #28 and #19 isn't all that much. Buffalo throws in a 5th rounder to even it up.

Johnson vs Faber is debatable.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Value difference between #28 and #19 isn't all that much. Buffalo throws in a 5th rounder to even it up.

it was proposed by a buffalo fan, debated and mostly considered strongly favoring buffalo.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

I think you mean a mid 2nd rounder, not a 5th.

johnson vs Faber would be close.

I think LA did well on this trade but it wasn’t robbery. Minnesota got decent value for a 1st line winger.

Last edited:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
There isn't a draft in any of the 4 major sports where the difference between 19 and 28 is a 5th rounder.
This was the first NHL draft pick value chart I could find. Most of the articles I found were lazy and just used an NFL chart to discuss the NHL draft. An NFL chart would put the value difference at around a mid 3rd rounder.

1656590349670.png

edit: found an NHL graph which is harder to use, but the value difference looks to be a 4th.

1656591684035.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad