Value of: Keith to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Endowment effect much. You act like Keith and Pulj/Yamo/Nurse don’t belong in same sentence. Reality is you dont get top 4 D with Keith’s pedigree for dog**** Chia signed to absurd deals

So with this statement, is Chara worth that much too? Why don't you do a Chara for Keith swap then?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sorry, you wanted Benson. No thanks.

If you went back far enough you’d see me having myself quite a little shit fit in HFOilers draft day thread that we drafted Benson when DeBrincat was still available.

In our mock draft I picked DeBrincat 30th overall. In no way shape or form did I want Benson (who will be an NHLer, not saying he’s bad) over DeBrincat.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What exactly were you expecting when you started this thread? What do you think the Oilers should trade for Keith and why do you think that’s not a terrifying contract?

Realistic proposals. Not Lucic or Sekera.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Realistic proposals. Not Lucic or Sekera.

That IS what’s realistic for Edmonton. You’d absolutely have to take one of them back for this to make sense.

There’s actually some sense in Sekera+ for you, too. He’s only got 2 years left after this year vs four more for Keith.

Something like Sekera+Yamamoto+2nd for Keith and the lesser Sikura might be do-able. Don’t know if I love it though.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
That IS what’s realistic for Edmonton. You’d absolutely have to take one of them back for this to make sense.

There’s actually some sense in Sekera+ for you, too. He’s only got 2 years left after this year vs four more for Keith.

And I'm the one being labelled as "math isn't my strong suit" :sarcasm:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Such as? You seem to be unfamiliar with the cap. You’ve already suggested Chicago could retain for 4 and a half years. Does that seem “realistic” to you?

How is it not realistic if thats what it takes to maximize the return...its 2.75m per...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Something like Sekera+Yamamoto+2nd for Keith and the lesser Sikura might be do-able. Don’t know if I love it though.

Hawks don’t need cap savings. They need a return worth a damn...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And I'm the one being labelled as "math isn't my strong suit" :sarcasm:

Hahah. To a point I get what he’s saying but preferring 2.75 mil of dead cap for four years vs being free and clear after 2 years when you’re ready to compete again doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad