Value of: Keith to Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Exactly the definition of garbage.

But you asked for it:

Better be good picks and prospects. Hawks would want Nurse, Pool or Yama +

If you want those, it'll be Lucic + one of those + MAYBE a pick. But you scoffed at everything we said. So why don't you keep him for 4 more years and call us when his 'pedigree' get's higher.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Duncan has played much better in the past 4-5 games than he has all year. The rest of the season he’s been beyond trash. There is no way any team right now will give up anything of real value.

Every single team that would be “interested” in him right now would only be looking for a pure bargain or a steal. If either of those don’t exist, no one is willing invest too much into Keith st this point.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Duncan has played much better in the past 4-5 games than he has all year. The rest of the season he’s been beyond trash. There is no way any team right now will give up anything of real value.

Every single team that would be “interested” in him right now would only be looking for a pure bargain or a steal. If either of those don’t exist, no one is willing invest too much into Keith st this point.

Bingo.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Keith would also need to be protected in the expansion draft - one where we’d need to protect Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse and Russell (NMC) already assuming nothing else changes. That’s another secret little land mine.

Reactions: koyvoo

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Keith would also need to be protected in the expansion draft - one where we’d need to protect Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse and Russell (NMC) already assuming nothing else changes. That’s another secret little land mine.

Good news is Russell's contract is up when the expansion happens. So we should be in the clear. Only real NMC on the Oilers is Lucic at that point.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good news is Russell's contract is up when the expansion happens. So we should be in the clear. Only real NMC on the Oilers is Lucic at that point.

Ah that’s right. Dodged a bullet only having Lucic to protect.

Still though. I realllllyyyy don’t want to have to waste a protection spot on a 38 year old defenceman.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Not interested unless you can turn unproductive assets into productive ones...got it
Dude, he's 35 years old right now and is signed until he's 40 @ a 5.5 mil cap hit.

I know Hawks fans have all these great memories of Keith and what he has done for your franchise. He really doesn't have much anymore, you're not going to get much value at all in a trade for him.

You sure as heck aren't getting any top prospects/players like Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Nurse. No chance

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Dude, he's 35 years old right now and is signed until he's 40 @ a 5.5 mil cap hit.

I know Hawks fans have all these great memories of Keith and what he has done for your franchise. He really doesn't have much anymore, you're not going to get much value at all in a trade for him.

You sure as heck aren't getting any top prospects/players like Puljujarvi/Yamamoto/Nurse. No chance
A bust, B prospect and 4D are top prospects/players? News to me :popcorn:

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Good one.
What else would you call a 20 year old who hasn't really established himself in the NHL or AHL? B prospect is generous, every team has guys like Yamamoto

I like Nurse, doesn't change the fact that he's currently a 4D.

Puju is self explanatory, until he proves he can do something at the NHL level, he's not worth much.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Oh look, BAM is out seeking attention again.

If 20 year old Puljujarvi is a bust, does that make Liljegren a bust? What about Bracco?

Would you trade Dermott for Keith?

Would you trade your 2nd best Forward prospect for Keith right now?

Use your head before you post.
Puju has already been called up to the NHL and back down to the AHL and repeat, he hasn't once shown anything at the NHL or AHL level to warrant where he was picked. He's bust material until otherwise. That's not really arguable, look at his numbers LOL they're horrible.

Nobody calls Bracco our top prospect, he's a depth scoring winger prospect like Yamamoto. Liljegren and Bracco haven't bounced around from AHL to NHL. We have yet to see what they can do at the NHL level. Your comparisons are dumb, at least understand context or make the comparisons relevant.

Dermott > Nurse, that's not even a comparison but no I wouldn't but I wouldn't make the Oilers trade if I were them either.

I'm not saying the Oilers should make that trade, but Nurse, Puju and Yamamoto aren't top prospects or players. Guys like Klefbom, RNH, Draisaitl, McDavid, Larsson are top players for the Oilers.

You need to seriously learn some more kid before you get all emotional and defensive. Just like you disagree with Leaf fans on Leaf players, people are going to disagree with your assessment of Oiler players. You can't help but be bias, it's fan nature.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Bull****.

Keith has been pretty damn good all year for trying to play his game with a mess of different players & fluctuating systems. He's still making incredible plays every game though not Norris dominant he's still a great D-Man who when utilized properly would be a great add @ 5.5 million for the next couple years. After that, yeah...??

And, anyone who watches the Hawks knows his last couple of games were pretty sub par and lacking effort. Not ability/talent...effort.

Your take is a total 180 from the truth.

His footspeed is still great, excellent first pass when the other players have a clue, good first step, comes out the boards with the puck as much as ever, and still has very quick reaction time. If the 'Hawks team D & collective hockey IQ wasn't a joke Keith would look pretty damn good this year.

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Before we go on, is this a serious question?
Is Strome a top prospect? Same situation.

Take away your bias and come back. For a 4OA pick to perform the way he has there's only 1 label for it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What else would you call a 20 year old who hasn't really established himself in the NHL or AHL? B prospect is generous, every team has guys like Yamamoto

I like Nurse, doesn't change the fact that he's currently a 4D.

Puju is self explanatory, until he proves he can do something at the NHL level, he's not worth much.

Puljujarvi performed very well at the AHL level for an 18 year old . Buffalo fans are excited that the lesser Nylander is putting up numbers today that Puljujarvi did two years ago.

Nurse is a 4D, but Dermott ‘isn’t a comparison and is clearly better’? Yeah okay pal. :laugh: Call me when Babcock trusts him to play more than 16 minutes a night. Nurse would be your best defenceman not named Rielly.

You later say Bracco = Yamamoto? Mother of God man. You’re giving Leafs fans a worse name and that’s not easy.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
OP just doesn’t get it. In the other thread everyone made it clear that nobody wanted Seabrook and he was having none of it.

Now every Edmonton fan is saying we have less than zero interest in Keith at all, and he goes on how he wants Nurse or RNH.

Get this through your impressively thick skull. We don’t want Keith. Take no for an answer.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Who said that, it's rumored Keith moving to Edmonton it's no surprise that the entire core is unhappy, IMO if Keith goes you could see possibly a package and it wouldnt suprise anyone if toews was moved with him . If that happens their is no way edmonton could afford , mcdavid , drasaitli not to mention toews is still has a lot of value. Not sure how you could simply think that's not possible,

I am sure if Toew is coming to Edmonton along with Keith . The fans of Chicago won’t be happy with the cap dumps . There no way around it those 2 have 16 million in cap . Even with Lucic in there still another 10 million to make up . Draisaitl would be included it would probably be RNH as Toew replaces him as 2nd line C . Still 4 million short . Just does make sense for either team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad