Kasperi Kapanen (Aberg/J Lindgren) Traded to Pittsburgh (15OV/Hallander/E Rod/Warf to Toronto)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Giving up Hallander without dumping Bjugstad or JMFJ is such a massive loss

Yes, but I won’t freak out until we actually know what the trade is. Actually I won’t freak out either way because I won’t pretend to have seen Hallander play, but on paper yea value there isn’t great.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Isn't Anthensiou and Kapanen simipar expect for the fact that Kapenen can PK? Athanasiou only got two second round draft picks.

Maybe the 1st is from next year?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I just keep wondering whether this deal is going to be something massive. If the deal is:

Penguins trade Murray and a 1st
Leafs trade Andersen, Kapanen and Lindgren

I don't think that's bad value for the Penguins. But the fact that this is dragging on so much makes me wonder how big this trade is.

They must be checking cap

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I definitely feel like something is missing and won't judge yet. No word about Hallander except Kingerski so that could be completely wrong.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I have zero issues trading a first for Kapanen. Kapanen is a good scorer already, is only 24, and is on a solid contract.

Yes our farm system is barren and will continue to be but that's the price you pay for being win now. We'll reach a point soon where we can't keep doing this but once we do there will be plenty of time to start building the farm system back up at that point.

Win now with the 2-3 years we still have of Crosby and Malkin being premium players. Once they decline too much, we're done, and keeping a few mid first round picks was not going to forestall that unless we got huge steals in those slots.

Reactions: Dominance

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Would have been nice to pick in the middle of a deep draft for a change. Especially here at the other side of the window. Oh well.

Kapanen will absolutely reinforce their "all wheels no hands" quotient. Which is something.

KK has great mitts, can dance guys, etc

He looks like a legit star with the puck... then he just goes Hags lite when he gets chances.

It’s comical... well was when my wife would scream at the TV... now I guess it’s my turn.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Maybe JR knows something about Hallander that we don't? I mean, maybe he has zero intention of coming over and Lindgren does?

Just trying to make sense of Hally+1st for Kappy+Lind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad