Kasperi Kapanen (Aberg/J Lindgren) Traded to Pittsburgh (15OV/Hallander/E Rod/Warf to Toronto)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005

If it's a 1st for Kapanen and Lindgren, I don't think that's a "bad" return. But I'm also pretty whelmed by it. I don't think it's great value but I imagine the deal may be more than that.

That’s not a bad return at all. Depends on who we give them in return for our space.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Leafs also have Tim Liljegren...who is a quality POJ level prospect. Names are close....

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I just keep wondering whether this deal is going to be something massive. If the deal is:

Penguins trade Murray and a 1st
Leafs trade Andersen, Kapanen and Lindgren

I don't think that's bad value for the Penguins. But the fact that this is dragging on so much makes me wonder how big this trade is.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s Grabner 2.0.

RH Grabner.

8jNS.gif

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Honestly it's not a bad trade in a vaccuum - Kap is a legit good NHL player and the prospect helps - but the Pens should really think about drafting in the first round more often at this point.

Maybe Murray goes for a pick now?

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If Hallander is included, I really struggle to see how Johnson isn't being included as a cap dump. There's no way that JR would trade basically the same value of return for Kapanen as what he traded for Zucker.
The entire premise according to the insiders is that TOR is clearing cap. Acquiring JJ would go completely against that

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The entire premise according to the insiders is that TOR is clearing cap. Acquiring JJ would go completely against that

Hallander doesn't make sense, though. I could see something as simple as the 1st for Kapanen and Lindgren, but adding Hallander makes that completely stupid for the Penguins.

Reactions: Doogle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad