Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Obviously Karlsson will make the Bolts better but I would be gobsmacked if they make this trade without sending roster players to Ottawa.

You gotta figure Dorion’s plan at this point is to turn the Sens into the 2018-19 Knights.

Point would absolutely be a key target, and it’s not out of the question to expect more roster players above that.

The Bolts aren’t going to be a full Karlsson better on the roster without there being some unhinged madness in Dorion’s thinking.

Could even see them requiring TB to make a deal with Colorado to send the OTT 2019 1st back.

Maybe Karlsson for Point + OTT 2019 1st would be the deal?

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
and ends with...

giphy.gif
Stevie... say it ain't so... you're cussing!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I’m Callahan I’m not going anywhere at this point. He’s been so close so many times why would you agree to get moved now to a team you know isn’t contending til at least 20-21.

Better to go back to NY and your roots than to end up in the Desert someplace, no offense Arizona. I also see the Rangers being contenders possibly after this season. Heck, if Vegas can get to the SCF in their first season, anything is possible.

Reactions: J T Money

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Obviously Karlsson will make the Bolts better but I would be gobsmacked if they make this trade without sending roster players to Ottawa.

You gotta figure Dorion’s plan at this point is to turn the Sens into the 2018-19 Knights.

Point would absolutely be a key target, and it’s not out of the question to expect more roster players above that.

The Bolts aren’t going to be a full Karlsson better on the roster without there being some unhinged madness in Dorion’s thinking.

Could even see them requiring TB to make a deal with Colorado to send the OTT 2019 1st back.

Lol...What?

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

Yeah good luck with that. Sakic already penciling Hughes in his top 6 behind MacKinnon.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA

And what incentive does Colorado have to do that? I'm sure Sakic is quite content to hang onto that pick

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
If we have to pay NYR to take Callahan back does that officially mean they won the St.Louis-Callahan trade?
Maybe we package Callahan with Cirelli, Stephens, Masin (guys we drafted with their picks from the deal) to truly make things go full circle.

Reactions: vuvuzela

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Yeah good luck with that. Sakic already penciling Hughes in his top 6 behind MacKinnon.

Meh, I wouldn’t assume the Sens fall off a cliff even without Karlsson and Hoffman. The NHL nowadays is a tight race.

The teams that are perennial basement dwellers are rare. Nobody gave the Knights a hope in hell but they surprised almost everyone.

Sakic knows that the OTT pick is worth the most before the season starts. He can get serious value now. It’s not a guarantee of anything, especially with the lottery rules.

Reactions: Jayan

member 300185

I dont believe it for one second. Look at their D. They are already loaded. Who would they trade from that D corp to fit in Karlsson? He will be a Ranger.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland

Colorado would not be in EK deal unless they're a cap hit graveyard or if EK goes to Colorado. Sakic treats Ott 1st rounder like a top 3 pick at the moment so the price is skyhigh.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
As good as Karlsson is, lets not get carried away. They basically played like NJD last playoffs. Everyone outside of Ottawa would much rather have watched paint dry.

His point is that Karlsson is much better than most fans give him credit for, that all the accolades he got in last years playoffs -- and there were plenty of accolades -- were for things that he'd been doing regularly since he came into the league.

Assuming he gets back to his 2016/2017 form, he is Tampa's best player.

Reactions: armani
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad