Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
His point is that Karlsson is much better than most fans give him credit for, that all the accolades he got in last years playoffs -- and there were plenty of accolades -- were for things that he'd been doing regularly since he came into the league.

Assuming he gets back to his 2016/2017 form, he is Tampa's best player.
The only concern I have with that is, in Ottawa he had plenty of room to be in the biggest role he could. In Tampa, there are so many big dogs already AND only puck at a time to play with. With that said, if Yzerman gets Karlsson, Tampa Bay becomes my second favorite team oh boy

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Obviously Karlsson will make the Bolts better but I would be gobsmacked if they make this trade without sending roster players to Ottawa.

You gotta figure Dorion’s plan at this point is to turn the Sens into the 2018-19 Knights.

Point would absolutely be a key target, and it’s not out of the question to expect more roster players above that.

The Bolts aren’t going to be a full Karlsson better on the roster without there being some unhinged madness in Dorion’s thinking.

Could even see them requiring TB to make a deal with Colorado to send the OTT 2019 1st back.

Maybe Karlsson for Point + OTT 2019 1st would be the deal?

LMAO. Absolutely zero chance Karlsson brings back Point, much less with “more roster players” on top of him.

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
The only concern I have with that is, in Ottawa he had plenty of room to be in the biggest role he could. In Tampa, there are so many big dogs already AND only puck at a time to play with. With that said, if Yzerman gets Karlsson, Tampa Bay becomes my second favorite team oh boy
Karlssons been playing with plugs for a while now. And bouchers trap system. The shackles will be off

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
With all the talk about Toronto and Tampa being these super teams, it's going to be pretty funny when Boston comes out of the Atlantic in the playoffs next year

Winning the division would be ideal because you likely don't have to play both Tampa and Toronto and would force them to play each other first. But that's a looooooong way off...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Point or Sergachev won’t be going anywhere. Yzerman needs young guys like that on controller deals especially with the salary they’ll be paying their elite players. Other pieces will be moved.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Meh, I wouldn’t assume the Sens fall off a cliff even without Karlsson and Hoffman. The NHL nowadays is a tight race.

The teams that are perennial basement dwellers are rare. Nobody gave the Knights a hope in hell but they surprised almost everyone.

Sakic knows that the OTT pick is worth the most before the season starts. He can get serious value now. It’s not a guarantee of anything, especially with the lottery rules.

I think you can make an educated guess much like the Bruins did when they traded Kessel in 2009.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Winning the division would be ideal because you likely don't have to play both Tampa and Toronto and would force them to play each other first. But that's a looooooong way off...

Definitely the key for Boston. Which is doable because they were the hottest team going into the playoffs from December on really.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Point or Sergachev won’t be going anywhere. Yzerman needs young guys like that on controller deals especially with the salary they’ll be paying their elite players. Other pieces will be moved.

Then karlsson won't be going to Tampa.

Takes more then b prospects and spare parts to acquire one of the best players in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad