Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
I don't think Foote, Raddysh & dumping Ryan's contract is a bad return for Karlsson
Think Tampa is all in and would be willing to move them & Sergachev for Karlsson, along with dumping Callahan
Think Rangers have all the cap space in the world and would love to bring in another young Russian in Sergachev
I don't think it's bad either.

I can just guarantee that Ottawa is going to be livid if that's all they get out of it. Because to them, they're not getting a roster player out of their best player in franchise history.

From that aspect, I understand why they'd be pissed.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yes! Not only trade your best player, but trade him to a team in the same division.

Brilliant!
I mean, does it matter? With Karlsson traded, when do we expect Ottawa to contend again? 5 years? Later? Tampa's window may have closed by the time Ottawa actually cares about how they do.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
News flash - the Devils are one of the faster and more exciting teams in the league

Also a new flash - it is 2018 not 2003

Learn how to read flash: I said last playoffs. Or did the Sens make the playoffs this year? Anyone with a brain knew I was referring to Brodeur’s devils.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
People are going to be amazed at how good Karlsson really is once he's not on a team who's best forwards are/were Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman.

The people who haven't already been paying attention that is.

Yeah, I can't figure out the fans who say they aren't worried if Tampa adds Karlsson.

I already bet them to win the Cup with these rumours, just too scary to not be the favourites.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
As good as Karlsson is, lets not get carried away. They basically played like NJD last playoffs. Everyone outside of Ottawa would much rather have watched paint dry.

they didn't have anywhere near the talent or skill to play like NJ.

They just sucked and the gameplan was to just hold on for the 30 minutes that Karlsson was resting on the bench. As soon as Karlsson touched the ice Ottawa would become an elite defensive and offensive team.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
People are going to be amazed at how good Karlsson really is once he's not on a team who's best forwards are/were Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman.

Just like people are going to be amazed at how lost Sergachev is when he’s not just being completely sheltered on an elite team with great defenders surrounding him.

Reactions: Critical91

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
good catch! I meant to say second round in my original post
You never know. But JT, AM and the young Leafs against Hedman, Karlsson, Kucherov's older Bolts...

I think that would be the best series in the playoffs.

We need the old school playoff format to return. Because that matchup is worthy of being ECF, not a semi final.

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
You never know. But JT, AM and the young Leafs against Hedman, Karlsson, Kucherov's older Bolts...

We need the old school playoff format to return. Because that matchup is worthy of being ECF, not a semi final.

we have been saying that about caps/pens for years

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO

More like Tampa needs it to return because they can’t beat a Metro division team.

Reactions: Morrison

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

No kidding. The series would be so fun

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

The people who haven't already been paying attention that is.

I loled at the sudden praise Karlsson started getting in the playoffs last year. As if he hadn't been doing that for years.

Reactions: K Fleur

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Anders Lindback.

Christ kill me now I don't want to remember that doof.

It all fell apart when we lost the Burlin wall.
1.Karri Rämö 223.03.899|
2.Mike Smith 132.79.893|
3.Johan Holmqvist 453.01.890|
4.Marc Denis 104.05.859|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

At least you got Stamkos in exchange for watching this shit show for a season.

We had fat and injured Lehtonen play his best season in an Atlanta jersey and landing us in a #3 draft spot where we picked Zach Bogosian.

*sigh*

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
1.Karri Rämö 223.03.899|
2.Mike Smith 132.79.893|
3.Johan Holmqvist 453.01.890|
4.Marc Denis 104.05.859|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
At least you got Stamkos in exchange for watching this **** show for a season.

We had fat and injured Lehtonen play his best season in an Atlanta jersey and landing us in a #3 draft spot where we picked Zach Bogosian.

*sigh*
I actually almost vomited remember that.

Reactions: Master P

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
More like Tampa needs it to return because they can’t beat a Metro division team.
Oho, you cheeky bugger. Either way, that playoff series was extremely fun. I hope we get a rematch.

Technically speaking, we beat the Metro division Devils in Round 1. Your move. ;)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is the first time I remember that basically everything stopped on July 4. Usually there continues to be a ton of deals and signings on that day but this year it was like nobody worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad