Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
We still had Lecavalier and St Louis. The sad thing is that we were constantly hiring mercenaries.

Before anybody tries to call me a fan boy, I remember loving Pavel Kubina. And then when we brought him back when he was far past his prime. Dark times.

I know. All I'm saying is everyone gets a turn in the basement. People are quick to forget. Humility goes a long way.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
That looks... decent
Hard to believe that Ottawa is okay with just getting Foote and Raddysh back. But maybe they're terrified of going near Sergachev.

Part of me doubts that Foote and Sergachev are packaged together, but if it means Callahan is gone too...

I dunno. It may be necessary. But it'll hurt our future for sure.

Lurkin Larkin

Feb 15, 2016
Derbyshire
Damnit. Wanted Tampa to miss out on both Tavares and Karlsson. I'd feared it could be quite a predictable season next season if they landed either, given how good they already were this year without them. Not withstanding my dislike for the Lightning anyway, I'd hate for them to become the Golden State Warriors of the NHL.

Sincerely hope it falls through and he ends up someone else, or remains in Ottawa.

PittsburghPens8771

Oct 1, 2017
Karlsson dragged a **** team to one goal of the finals.

I don't think people truly realize how dominant Karlssson can be in the offensive and defensive zones.

Like Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman are all elite elite players. But Karlsson is a step above. He's one of the few players who is impossible to shut down.

As good as Karlsson is, lets not get carried away. They basically played like NJD last playoffs. Everyone outside of Ottawa would much rather have watched paint dry.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
They don't have to pay him his new contract until next year. This year the only way the Leafs beat the Lightning is if the Lightning are severely injured. Karlsson will skate circles around that team, it'll be fun to watch.
Hahaha. Any team can beat any team in the playoffs.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
giphy.gif

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Karlsson dragged a **** team to one goal of the finals.

I don't think people truly realize how dominant Karlssson can be in the offensive and defensive zones.

Like Kucherov, Stamkos, Hedman are all elite elite players. But Karlsson is a step above. He's one of the few players who is impossible to shut down.

I hope you're right, because this is starting to feel like it's real. I'm naturally pessimistic though, we spent the entire series in our own end because of a poor tactical response to a 1-4 neutral zone and overwhelming puck battle losses to a team that clearly wanted it more. The Stanely Cup is never guaranteed, which is why this league is the best in the world.

Reactions: DFC

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
We still had Lecavalier and St Louis. The sad thing is that we were constantly hiring mercenaries.

Before anybody tries to call me a fan boy, I remember loving Pavel Kubina. And then when we brought him back when he was far past his prime. Dark times.
You also had insanely shitty goaltending for a while. Like, astonishingly so. It was bad by SouthBeast Division standards.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
People are going to be amazed at how good Karlsson really is once he's not on a team who's best forwards are/were Mark Stone and Mike Hoffman.

The people who haven't already been paying attention that is.

Reactions: armani and Morrison

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
As good as Karlsson is, lets not get carried away. They basically played like NJD last playoffs. Everyone outside of Ottawa would much rather have watched paint dry.
That team had to play with structure. There was no Crosby or Malkin to run and gun the offense for the entire game.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
You also had insanely ****ty goaltending for a while. Like, astonishingly so. It was bad by SouthBeast Division standards.
Anders Lindback.

Christ kill me now I don't want to remember that doof.

It all fell apart when we lost the Burlin wall.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Hard to believe that Ottawa is okay with just getting Foote and Raddysh back. But maybe they're terrified of going near Sergachev.

Part of me doubts that Foote and Sergachev are packaged together, but if it means Callahan is gone too...

I dunno. It may be necessary. But it'll hurt our future for sure.
I don't think Foote, Raddysh & dumping Ryan's contract is a bad return for Karlsson
Think Tampa is all in and would be willing to move them & Sergachev for Karlsson, along with dumping Callahan
Think Rangers have all the cap space in the world and would love to bring in another young Russian in Sergachev

Reactions: DFC

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
How about a three way with Dallas, Tampa and Ottawa?

TB gets: Karlsson + Methot
Dallas gets: Kucherov + Coburn
Ottawa gets: Heiskanen, Dickinson, Ritchie and Dallas 1st

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
News flash - the Devils are one of the faster and more exciting teams in the league

Also a new flash - it is 2018 not 2003

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
:bolts
Erik Karlsson

:sens
Cal Foote
Taylor Raddysh

:rangers
Mikhail Sergachev
Ryan Callahan
Bobby Ryan

I think a little more has to go to Ottawa, but you get a lot of points for creativity. That's a ton of money going to NYR, but Sergachev is a pretty fair (though painful) price for it.

Ottawa gets rid of Ryan's contract, which lowers the price on Karlsson...

This is pretty brilliant, IMO.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I mean if he’s only going to end up signing there in the end anyway you may as well get something for him. It’s not like Ottawa is worried about competing against Tampa next year.
Avs finna draft Hughes with the Sens pick... yike

MacKinnon and Hughes down the middle is insane

Reactions: Burnaby Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad