Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle - Next 3 Years

• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Off by 2 months. Most d-1 are 17. The point was he was a year younger.

And you throw a tantrum.
He won best forward of the tournament, every single expert likes him. But you're shitting on him, in innacurate fashion. If you dont want people to call you out be accurate. Its not a tantrum when someone proves your garbage point to be incorrect.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Are you really asking us to compare a 23 year old who has been playing pro hockey for 6 years to a 18 year old rookie?

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
He won best forward of the tournament, every single expert likes him. But you're shitting on him, in innacurate fashion. If you dont want people to call you out be accurate. Its not a tantrum when someone proves your garbage point to be incorrect.

I'm shitting on him by saying that people claiming "it was one of the best performances in years" is going too far?

I'm not sure why everyone on this board has to claim that everything anyone does is HISTORIC and GENERATIONALZZZZ!!!!!

It gets silly.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'm shitting on him by saying that people claiming "it was one of the best performances in years" is going too far?

I'm not sure why everyone on this board has to claim that everything anyone does is HISTORIC and GENERATIONALZZZZ!!!!!

It gets silly.

Best performance recently was Thomas Chabot, only defenseman in history to win tournament MVP, and best defender.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

It gets silly.
It was Historic, it’s the first time in History that Germany made it into the qualifying round.
Team Germany was lead and captained by 18 year old Tim Stützle.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It was Historic, it’s the first time in History that Germany made it into the qualifying round.
Team Germany was lead and captained by 18 year old Tim Stützle.
Well sure but Cam York was the first ever California born player to captain Team USA, his performance was historic. So was Zegras, the first ever New York born player to lead the tourney in points. He also was one point behind the most ever points by an American, and also tied the american record for most points in the tourney total, all tournaments. So I guess that makes Zegras performance triple historic. impressive!

Wasn't Cozens the first ever player from the Yukon to play for Team Canada. Hey didn't he lead the team? First ever. We're gettin historic here! Double historic in fact!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Are you really asking us to compare a 23 year old who has been playing pro hockey for 6 years to a 18 year old rookie?

There’s an underlying premise in the OP that, yes, given his age and recent performances, Stutzle probably has a higher ceiling. So the premise is to create a more interesting poll than to get 200 people rushing in here to hype Stutzle because he was just picked third overall and had a great WJC and is only 18/19.

There’s an extreme lack of reading comprehension issues in this thread. The amount of “lolol Stutzle not even close!” responses fall into this category. If the question doesn’t at least give you pause to think, you are simply being either willfully or unintentionally ignorant. KK’s 22 minute, 3 point, game winning breakaway goal debut makes it pretty clear he is, despite Stutzle’s lofty expectations, much more likely to have a Calder type rookie season.

So if Stutzle is the long-term bet and KK is the short-term one, does the 3 year window proposed in the OP give Stutzle time to pass KK or is KK simply going to be an elite star forward right from the jump given his experience and thus making it more difficult for Stutzle to pass him in 18 months (the mid point of the time frame which would throw the balance in the other direction).

It’s a question that requires actual thought and knowledge of both players, not hyperbole. It’s a good premise wasted by a bunch of responses that don’t seem to care to take the time to understand it.

Even beyond the OP’s parameters, why can’t they be compared, fwiw? They are top 10 prospect league wide, both are dynamic forwards and both are rookies this year? The NHL is likely going to be comparing them for the Calder Trophy at years end...

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Well sure but Cam York was the first ever California born player to captain Team USA, his performance was historic. So was Zegras, the first ever New York born player to lead the tourney in points. He also was one point behind the most ever points by an American, and also tied the american record for most points in the tourney total, all tournaments. So I guess that makes Zegras performance triple historic. impressive!

Wasn't Cozens the first ever player from the Yukon to play for Team Canada. Hey didn't he lead the team? First ever. We're gettin historic here! Double historic in fact!
You’re the biggest Stützle hater on these boards and I don’t understand why?
When a small hockey country like Germany makes the qualifiers for the FIRST time in HISTORY. that’s historic, It’s definitely going to have positive impacts on German hockey.
But let’s agree to disagree, you can take your negativity elsewhere.

Reactions: Kleefeld

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You’re the biggest Stützle hater on these boards and I don’t understand why?
When a small hockey country like Germany makes the qualifiers for the FIRST time in HISTORY. that’s historic, It’s definitely going to have positive impacts on German hockey.
But let’s agree to disagree, you can take your negativity elsewhere.
Yes, all of the things I said were the first time in history. All historic!!!

Historic has become the new buzzword around here.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yes, all of the things I said were the first time in history. All historic!!!

Historic has become the new buzzword around here.
You can try to take away from Stützle’s accomplishments all you want.
Fact of the matter is he had one of the greatest performances in recent WJC history, after a historic season in the DEL.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
You can try to take away from Stützle’s accomplishments all you want.
Fact of the matter is he had one of the greatest performances in recent WJC history, after a historic season in the DEL.

And Kaprizov has had better KHL seasons than anyone at 18, 19,20, 21 and 22. And is 5 years older, in his scoring prime.

How is this hard to understand, two great prospects. One in his prime coming off being the best player in the 2nd best league in the world, one who was the best rookie in the 8th best league in the world, but not even best player on his team.

It will be rediculously tough for Stutzle to make the kind of impact over the next 3 years as Kaprizov.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The KHL is a far superior league to the DEL. If Kaprizov did what he did in the KHL at 18, what do you think he wouldve done in the DEL at that same age?

Tremendous feat to play in the KHL at the age of 17 though, I don't think 8 points in 31 games translates as well as you think it does.

Reactions: bert

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think it does when you consider the level of competition

I mean there are players who have gone from league to the other and for sure there is a difference in level of competition but a .026ppg player doesn't become a .83ppg player. It's a weird argument, like comparing a D+1 wjc performance to a D+2. If you think Kaprizov is the answer to the poll that's fine, you don't need to justify it with these absurd arguments.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Voted Kaprizov... Stuetzle is still young, it's unlikely he outproduces a guy entering his prime years while he's still developing. Stuetzle would be more likely to have the better career though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad