• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Ya same thing with Robertson.
Yes and no. The teams are in a different situation. Ideally youre right the leafs keep another year of ELC on Robertson, but a) theyre suppised to be winning now so burning a year could be justified, esoecially when b) after trading kapanen and johnsson theyll need some more help on the wing. That said ibhave nonidea how good this joey anderson kid is and what their plans for him are.

I suspect they made the trade with the idea that robertson could replace one (thought he had shown enough?), and they needed the cap savings. Whether that is smart or not, im not sure. I dont love the idea of pushing him into the lineup this quick but in fairness he pushed himself into the playoff lineup. Im not confident itsvthe smart move but you have to acknowledge the situations are totally different.

Last edited:

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Amusing thread.

Stutzle isn’t the player that Kaprizov is right now. Isn’t likely to be at his level in the next three years either. And frankly, his accomplishments as a prospect to this point are not in the same stratosphere as what Kaprizov did in the KHL in comparison to nearly every Russian prospect to come through the league at the same age.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I’m going to go with Stutzle here. Yes I am a sens fan, that said I’d go with Byfield and a couple of others before Kaprizov for this poll as well. Kaprizov is definitely more likely to hit the ground running but for a prospect of Stutzle’s caliber it’s not going to take long for him to find his footing. Mid way through year 2 I think he will no doubt be the superior player.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stutzle.

Like these Stutzle vs. whomever threads are getting kind of tiresome. 99% of the time, the answer is going to be him.

It's a combination of two things:

Firstly, he has to prove himself in NHL but even if he does, until Ottawa becomes competitive, people are still gonna try to knock him down while they can playing for smaller Canadian market. We saw it with EK, we'll see it with Stutzle.

At the same time though, if he's heading to star projectory early--and keeps putting up performances like he did in WJC-- then he'll have a lot of threads made after him cause well.. that's what good players do, get attention.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I didn’t read that it’s the 1st three years initially. I’d be suprised if Stutzle end up with more points than Kaprizov in their 1st three years, but I don’t see a good argument for those who would claim Kaprizov will have the better career.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I didn’t read that it’s the 1st three years initially. I’d be suprised if Stutzle end up with more points than Kaprizov in their 1st three years, but I don’t see a good argument for those who would claim Kaprizov will have the better career.
I don't see a single person that argued that

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Kaprizov just laid exhibit A) on why the results of the poll and premise of the poll were rediculous.

He's in his scoring prime. Was best player on the ice, and collected three points in his debut. Stutzle is 19.

Even though I agree with you, 1 game into the season and 2 broken plays that lead to assist and goal are hardly a reason to bump up this thread again so early. Stutzle hasnt even played his game, lol. Filatov was next Bure after his hattrick home debut. People are very reactionary but there has not been hockey in many months so I get the impulse.

Kaprisov's age and performance in KHL easily makes him the choice for at least this year. But Stutzle is one of the best prospects in hockey coming off one of the most dominant WJC performances in recent years, and is currently slotted to play with Ottawa's two best players and will get every chance to succeed so let's give them 10 games?

All that being said, Kaprisov should be the logical choice this year but the thread says 3 years so who knows.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Kaprizov just laid exhibit A) on why the results of the poll and premise of the poll were rediculous.

He's in his scoring prime. Was best player on the ice, and collected three points in his debut. Stutzle is 19.

I mean...Kings vs Wild game...both teams are in pretty rough shape. Don’t think being the best player on the ice is that special.

Watched the highlights, he seemed really lucky on the OT goal. His nerves and the pressure got to him, he lost control of the puck but it slid off his stick in.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I mean...Kings vs Wild game...both teams are in pretty rough shape. Don’t think being the best player on the ice is that special.

Watched the highlights, he seemed really lucky on the OT goal. His nerves and the pressure got to him, he lost control of the puck but it slid off his stick in.

It's more like a quality of ice...

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

And Stützle still hasn’t played a game yet. Chill out with this overreaction.
FWIW, I think Kaprizov wins the Calder, but Stützle is still my pick.

Reactions: WILDTATE10

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Stutzle turns 19 today, plays his first NHL game today, best of luck to him, he looks looks a gem.
Thread says 3 years, not after 1 game.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Watching the highlights doesn't really tell the full story as he had a ton of great plays and looks that didn't result in a goal. His skating is super deceptive and he could have had a handful more assists if his passes were finished. Pretty sure Fiala hit the post on a PP on a great pass from Kaprizov.

Reactions: Leaves34

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

This thread is going to be very entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad