Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaprizov vs. Stuetzle - Next 3 Years

• Kaprizov

• Stuetzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Even though I agree with you, 1 game into the season and 2 broken plays that lead to assist and goal are hardly a reason to bump up this thread again so early. Stutzle hasnt even played his game, lol. Filatov was next Bure after his hattrick home debut. People are very reactionary but there has not been hockey in many months so I get the impulse.

Kaprisov's age and performance in KHL easily makes him the choice for at least this year. But Stutzle is one of the best prospects in hockey coming off one of the most dominant WJC performances in recent years, and is currently slotted to play with Ottawa's two best players and will get every chance to succeed so let's give them 10 games?

All that being said, Kaprisov should be the logical choice this year but the thread says 3 years so who knows.

I would put Kaprizov's WJC performance right up there with Stutzle's.....or maybe even better.

Kaprizov: 7 gp 9 goals + 3 assists
Stutzle: 5 gp 5 goals + 5 assists

...and would Stutzle be able to match Kaprizov's KHL numbers as a 19 years old? (49 gp 20 goals + 22 assists 42 pts)

I think Stutzle will be a great player, but this poll result has recency bias written all over it. If it wasn't posted during the WJC, the results would've been vastly different, I suspect.

Last edited:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I would put Kaprizov's WJC performance right up there with Stutzle's.....or maybe even better.

Hes just yapping out his butt. Its not really close to "one of the most dominant performanxes in recent memory". It wasnt even the best performance of the tourney.

You always have to remember there are some tier 2 countries in that tournament. 8 of 10 points came against slovakia and switzerland. He was held off the scoresheet against both russia and canada. The last 2 came against finland. Against the better teams he managed nothing. He just compiled a bunch of points against fringe teams. It happens every year.

That really doesnt compare to someone like zegras that had 18 points and was dangerous in every game.

Sandin 10 points as a dman last year. Lafreniere with 10 points in 5 as a 17 year old. As mentioned even kaprizovs own wjc... There are lots.

Last edited:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Kaprizov is better as of now. Stuetzle is the better prospect at this point of their development. Hard to compare really with such a big gap in age.

Kaprisov was leading his KHL team in points at 18 years old and at 19 years old, he was close to PPG... At the same age, Kaprisov was the better prospect. Tim may endup better, for all we know.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

...and would Stutzle be able to match Kaprizov's KHL numbers as a 19 years old? (49 gp 20 goals + 22 assists 42 pts)

I think Stutzle will be a great player, but this poll result has recency bias written all over it. If it wasn't posted during the WJC, the results would've been vastly different, I suspect.
You're comparing Stuetzle's draft +1 season WJC to Kaprizov's draft +2.

Kaprisov was leading his KHL team in points at 18 years old and at 19 years old, he was close to PPG... At the same age, Kaprisov was the better prospect. Tim may endup better, for all we know.

Stuetzle has the much better draft pedigree and the higher ceiling. The only hockey he's played post draft was the WJC and Sens camp and he was amazing in both.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lol what?! This cant be real. Kaprizov lead his team in scoring in the KHL and was drafted in the third round. NOPE. In Kaprizovs draft year he had 8 points in 31 games. In his draft plus one he had 27 points in 53 games in the WJC he had 1 goal and 2 assists. Stuetzle just won best forward in the tournament scoring 5 and 5 and is playing in the NHL right now. So no at the same age he was absolutely not the better prospect. Try again.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hes just yapping out his butt. Its not really close to "one of the most dominant performanxes in recent memory". It wasnt even the best performance of the tourney.

You always have to remember there are some tier 2 countries in that tournament. 8 of 10 points came against slovakia and switzerland. He was held off the scoresheet against both russia and canada. The last 2 came against finland. Against the better teams he managed nothing. He just compiled a bunch of points against fringe teams. It happens every year.

That really doesnt compare to someone like zegras that had 18 points and was dangerous in every game.

Sandin 10 points as a dman last year. Lafreniere with 10 points in 5 as a 17 year old. As mentioned even kaprizovs own wjc... There are lots.
Watch the games stop looking at the score sheet you obviously didnt. Finland was one of the better teams........... Stuetzle played terrific against Canada created offense was robbed and was a physical prescence. He also created a ton against Russia hit the post and was all over the ice. Lafreniere was 18 when he scored those points, yet another miss. Its incredible how bad your posts are over and over again, just spewing uneducated nonesense.

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
So much wrong in this post. Actually, come to think of it...everything's wrong.

Everything is factually right, besides the part where I say that Kaprisov was the better prospect, because it's subjective.

download.png
8u8u8u.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Everything is factually right, besides the part where I say that Kaprisov was the better prospect, because it's subjective.

View attachment 384571 View attachment 384573
Its literally all wrong. You said at the same age i just picked apart your post with every single fact that was incorrect. You are showing his D +1 and D + 2 not his draft year. Stuetzle is in his D + 1 and at the only comparable level was miles better. He is also playing in the better league already.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Lol what?! This cant be real. Kaprizov lead his team in scoring in the KHL and was drafted in the third round. NOPE. In Kaprizovs draft year he had 8 points in 31 games. In his draft plus one he had 27 points in 53 games in the WJC he had 1 goal and 2 assists. Stuetzle just won best forward in the tournament scoring 5 and 5 and is playing in the NHL right now. So no at the same age he was absolutely not the better prospect. Try again.

Kaprisov was drafted in the 5th round, he was also 4 months younger than Tim when he was drafted, that's why he started his second KHL season at 18 years old and he ended with 27 points, he was the point leader. His 3rd season, he started at 19 years old and was close to PPG...

At 19 years old, Kaprisov was close to a PPG in the KHL. Tim is 19 years old and for the moment, due to COVID has not played yet.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

As previously pointed out you are comparing Kaprizov's D+2 year to Stutzle's D+1. In Kaprizov's D+1 he had 1G 2A in the WJC and, 11g 16A 53GP in the KHL. You could argue Stutzle's D-1 year at the WJC was more impressive than Kaprizov's D+1. I wouldn't be surprised if Stutzle's D+1 year in the NHL is similar to Kaprizov's D+1 year in the KHL.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Kaprisov was drafted in the 5th round, he was also 4 months younger than Tim when he was drafted, that's why he started his second KHL season at 18 years old and he ended with 27 points, he was the point leader. His 3rd season, he started at 19 years old and was close to PPG...

At 19 years old, Kaprisov was close to a PPG in the KHL. Tim is 19 years old and for the moment, due to COVID has not played yet.

Tim has been 19 for 12 hours.
Won DEL rookie of the year leading into his draft.
Why didn’t Kaprizov make the wild 5 years ago

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Watch the games stop looking at the score sheet you obviously didnt. Finland was one of the better teams........... Stuetzle played terrific against Canada created offense was robbed and was a physical prescence. He also created a ton against Russia hit the post and was all over the ice. Lafreniere was 18 when he scored those points, yet another miss. Its incredible how bad your posts are over and over again, just spewing uneducated nonesense.
Lol he was in his d-1. Big deal.

[mod]

You can gripe all you want, it really wasnt "one if the best performances in years".

Last edited by a moderator:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Im pretty sure there were questions surrounding whether he was even willing to come to north america, and that was a big reason for him dropping, if i recall.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Because he was under contract with his KHL team until the end of last season. Otherwise he would've been here years ago..

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Uhh, the wild have been desperately trying to convince him to come to the NHL for years. He wanted to stay in his home country.

They tried to get him over before his contract.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Thats not how it works. Nice try though. In their actual birth years is what matters. Sure he lead his team still wasnt a great year .5 ppg.

At 18 years old, Kaprisov was leading his team in the KHL. Let see what Tim will do in the NHL, to compare better.
ITS NOT THE SAME YEAR OF DEVELOPMENT.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lol he was in his d-1. Big deal.

[mod]

You can gripe all you want, it really wasnt "one if the best performances in years".

Well you were wrong admit it he was 18 he wasnt 17. Didnt say it was one of the best performances in years. Just didnt agree with your horrible assesment.

Last edited by a moderator:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Well you were wrong admit it he was 18 he wasnt 17. Didnt say it was one of the best performances in years. Just didnt agree with your horrible assesment.
Off by 2 months. Most d-1 are 17. The point was he was a year younger.

And you throw a tantrum.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Bert why do you waste your time with him? Why even take the bait. Come on man, you're a vet on these boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert and Golden_Jet

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

My God. My head hurts reading this and many of yours previously like it.

Stutzle has 7th best PPG in the last 20 years as an 18 year old (tied with Laf).... on Germany.

Zegras had 14th best PPG in the history of the tourney. Stutzle was still named best forward. Stutzle helped Germany make preliminaries for first time ever. He was down right dominant. As an 18 year old.

Btw Laf was 18 when he got 10 in 5. Same age and same production as Stutzle. Stutzle did it with far, far less help. Laf was born a month-ish away from being drafted last year, developmentally they had same, Stutzle with less help.

Laf as a 17 year old had 1 point in 5 games. Stutzle had 5 in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad