Speculation: Kaliyev trade...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You have to understand that the odds are at least even money at this point that Blake simply doesn’t bother trying to find a trade partner and dumps Kaliyev to UFA on July 1 or holds onto him for no reason until training camp then waives him. Blake is probably savvy enough to pull a 5th or 6th rounder for the player and not much else. Cirelli or even Jeannot would be an overpay.
I don't often get that feeling as I did seeing Kaliyev. If that was he all he gets then a neutral fan, I am becoming very concerned that Rob Blake has no idea what the hell he's doing am I am actually worried Guy Boucher is gonna wind up on your staff because of 1-3-1 obsession

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Thank you , it all makes sense now!

You can't vote in prison.

Is this a shot at someone else, I don't live in Michigan

This best not be about my buddy Herby

I don't often get that feeling as I did seeing Kaliyev. If that was he all he gets then a neutral fan, I am becoming very concerned that Rob Blake has no idea what the hell he's doing am I am actually worried Guy Boucher is gonna wind up on your staff because of 1-3-1 obsession
Indeed. I don't think he has any defenders here

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Deez you make less sense than Talking Heads lyrics

I'm wearing a fur pajamas
I ride a hot potato
It's tickling my fancy
Speak up, I can't hear you
Here on this mountain top, oh-oh-oh
I got some wild, wild life
I got some news to tell you, oh-oh
About some wild, wild life
Here come the doctor in charge, oh-oh-oh
She's got some wild, wild life
Ain't that the way you like it, oh-oh?
Living wild, wild life
I'll wrestle with your conscience
You wrestle with your partner
Sitting on a windowsill
But he spends his time behind closed doors
^try to aspire to make this much sense one day

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Herby: "The scouts wanted a player and the GM took the wrong player..."

Herby, do you have evidence Kings staff wanted to draft a different player than Turcotte? Which staff? Which player?
It was reported by Rosen that Blake's scouts did not want to draft Turcotte. But former teammate Tony Granato spoke to Blake and convinced him to take Turcotte.

I might be misremembering, but there were some who wanted Zegras.

But I also remember ranking Boldy 6th (behind Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Dach, and Turcotte) and Seider 8th (the second best defenseman after Byram), and being told that some Kings scouts were high on both.

So, I don't know who exactly staff was targeting, but Rosen explicitly calls out that Turcotte was a Blake pick.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Deez you make less sense than Talking Heads lyrics

^try to aspire to make this much sense one day

Start Making Sense: Talking Heads tribute band

If only I could make sense, if only you could be funny more than occasionally.

If only what's his name could control his soliloquy's

If only Blake wasn't so slippery...

If only Beckerman were canned.

If only...

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
If only I could make sense, if only you could be funny more than occasionally.
If only what's his name could control his soliloquy's
If only Blake wasn't so slippery...
If only Beckerman were canned.
If only...
If you only had a brain ?

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Sans the Kovy acquisition, Blakes transactions as GM have a clear downward tread over time and seemingly getting worse. that's a huge concern. It's scary to think what he does going forward.
1717538070937.png

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Sup fellas? Just curious if there is anything from Tampa you'd trade Kaliyev for.

Maybe something like Kaliyev+pick for Jeannot+Perbix/Powell

I'm curious. Where are you guys at with Turcotte?

Hope he stays healthy because he finally looked good last year. He'll make the LA roster this season (due to being out of waviers). Where he plays is anyone's guess. He could be the 4C, he could be a LW for any line. We just don't know.

We as LA fans know Rob Blake has no clue what he's doing. Blake and Luc have turned a good starting rebuild into the blackhole organization of the past. So whatever dumb ideas you thing a move LA can make than double it and that's the move Blake will make.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I'm really glad we've learned from management, who traded Faber for Fiala and Vilardi for PLD, and now people want to trade Clarke for Chychrun.

Wonder why BLuc keeps feeling comfortable selling off younger players for older band aids.
I said I wouldn't do it...I 100% believe in Clarke and that he will reach his expectations...I just thought Kaliyev to Ottawa would make some sense and ended up trying to get Tkachuk and Chychrun and moving on from PLD and no way they would do anything like that unless it included Byfield or Clarke.

I still cannot believe Clarke's had 3 seasons now,(especially having played in a men's league his draft yr) without being fulltime on the Kings. After seeing Stars Harley in the playoffs, I think Clarke is way beyond him, defensively and yet the Stars have no problem playing him a ton of minutes. I think players in the Kings' system must become exasperated, rarely getting real chances. They won't let them play, unless they are 100% playing the system to a T and play error free hockey. There must be so much pressure, not to make a mistake, it;s detrimental to how they may perform. I want to see young players go out there and play with confidence and onm their instincts.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
It was reported by Rosen that Blake's scouts did not want to draft Turcotte. But former teammate Tony Granato spoke to Blake and convinced him to take Turcotte.

I might be misremembering, but there were some who wanted Zegras.

But I also remember ranking Boldy 6th (behind Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Dach, and Turcotte) and Seider 8th (the second best defenseman after Byram), and being told that some Kings scouts were high on both.

So, I don't know who exactly staff was targeting, but Rosen explicitly calls out that Turcotte was a Blake pick.
I am still not convinced that Zegras would have been a better pick than Turcotte. He isn't necessarily the kind of player you want in your organization regardless of ability. Dude has a LOT of growing up to do and isn't in a hurry to do so.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
I am still not convinced that Zegras would have been a better pick than Turcotte. He isn't necessarily the kind of player you want in your organization regardless of ability. Dude has a LOT of growing up to do and isn't in a hurry to do so.
I was hoping at the time for Cozena due to size and skill set, bu Turcotte was rated higher by pretty much everybody. Think they really wanted Byram and if was there would have taken him.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I said I wouldn't do it...I 100% believe in Clarke and that he will reach his expectations...I just thought Kaliyev to Ottawa would make some sense and ended up trying to get Tkachuk and Chychrun and moving on from PLD and no way they would do anything like that unless it included Byfield or Clarke.

I still cannot believe Clarke's had 3 seasons now,(especially having played in a men's league his draft yr) without being fulltime on the Kings. After seeing Stars Harley in the playoffs, I think Clarke is way beyond him, defensively and yet the Stars have no problem playing him a ton of minutes. I think players in the Kings' system must become exasperated, rarely getting real chances. They won't let them play, unless they are 100% playing the system to a T and play error free hockey. There must be so much pressure, not to make a mistake, it;s detrimental to how they may perform. I want to see young players go out there and play with confidence and onm their instincts.
100% this. Dallas is a good comparison to show the ineptitude. They played Harley on the top pair with another lefty Heiskenen... they had Johnston < 21 yr old centering his own line. They slot in Stankoven 21 yr old with big minutes... slow boil, is quick fail.. and these boneheads will continue to waste talent in their delude view that kids need to slow boil before they can contribute on a "contender"

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
So just to confirm

1. The majority of poor decisions made by the LA Kings in the last seven years were not made by the teams general manager, but a bunch of French Canadian guys. Despite not being here for the majority of those moves including the one to end the rebuild, Marc Bergevin is largely to blame for the Kings problems. Rob Blake while watching his reputation go up in smoke with all the moves made in his name, decided not to resign and instead has publicly signed off on all the deals.

2. Jon Rosen, a respected hockey journalist since he was a college student, decided to make-up a story that Rob Blake overrode his scouts to draft a player who has been the poorest performing Top 5 pick in 28 years, in an attempt to tarnish the good name of Rob Blake.

Last edited:

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
So just to confirm

1. The majority of poor decisions made by the LA Kings in the last seven years were not made by the teams general manager, but a bunch of French Canadian guys. Despite not being here for the majority of those moves including the one to end the rebuild, Marc Bergevin is largely to blame for the Kings problems. Rob Blake while watching his reputation go up in smoke with all the moves made in his name, decided not to resign and instead has publicly signed off on all the deals.

2. Jon Rosen, a respected hockey journalist since he was a college student, decided to make-up a story that Rob Blake overrode his scouts to draft a player who has been the poorest performing Top 5 pick in 28 years, in an attempt to tarnish the good name of Rob Blake.
I agree with item 1 completely- even long time canadien fans were saying that the apperantly non sensical moves that were and are being made have bergevins fingerprints all over them. Just look at the results of his tenure in montreal and unfortunately we're headed for the same.
As far as item2 the aquisition of turcotte my thought was that the boys were just doing a favor for his dad alfy- i dont know the connection but by history these guys are like humane relations hiring dept for unemployed and unemployable (recent asst coach) boys from theold network.
I have alot of respct for jon rosen- compared to what we have now rosen was the dan jenkins of kings hockey writers.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Voynov was taken the same 2008 draft as Doughty.

Kaliyev trade? Would be good if the Kings could get a 2nd rd pick, or package him.

For lack of King news and traveling so much last 5 days..Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and Bangkok. Sitting in planes, taxis, airports, hotels leads imagination / hallucinations to mock deals. And an angry monkey in some cave shrine shrieking at me, led me to this

Brady Tkachuk, Jakob Chychrun, #2 2024
For
PLD (20% retained) Clarke, Kaliyev, #1 2024

The Clarke in the Az Chychrun package didn’t happen, but happens here. I probably wouldn’t do this. Just like I’ve passed on eating scorpions and some fermented fish paste delicacy.
My bad, forgot about him. 🤷‍♂️

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Blake decision

Stevens , TMAC and Hiller; Poor and compounded errors.

Cal P. poor signing , ignore tournament play.

Clarke defense was not cutting it, he needs to be able to at least get closer to Spence's defensive mild ability.

poor goaltending continuing : possible we will see

No #1 C but 3 #2 C's Kopi, Danault and Byfield (could move to #1 by end of season)

Herby a Kings fan: I think he believes he is but that is not the real word, it's HerbyWorld.
You left off Willy D, the single worst coach in NHL history. The hire alone should've got Blake canned.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
100% this. Dallas is a good comparison to show the ineptitude. They played Harley on the top pair with another lefty Heiskenen... they had Johnston < 21 yr old centering his own line. They slot in Stankoven 21 yr old with big minutes... slow boil, is quick fail.. and these boneheads will continue to waste talent in their delude view that kids need to slow boil before they can contribute on a "contender"
Not to nitpick, but Heiskanen is a RHD....

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
You left off Willy D, the single worst coach in NHL history. The hire alone should've got Blake canned.

Pravda says we can't count Stevens or Willy D as actual hires. Despite taking over a team 13 games into the season that Blake had added to in an attempt to make contenders mere months before, Willy D's only true job was supposedly to tank the team into as high a pick as possible. That happened and teflon Rob had arguably the worst draft in franchise history.

I agree with item 1 completely- even long time canadien fans were saying that the apperantly non sensical moves that were and are being made have bergevins fingerprints all over them. Just look at the results of his tenure in montreal and unfortunately we're headed for the same.
As far as item2 the aquisition of turcotte my thought was that the boys were just doing a favor for his dad alfy- i dont know the connection but by history these guys are like humane relations hiring dept for unemployed and unemployable (recent asst coach) boys from theold network.
I have alot of respct for jon rosen- compared to what we have now rosen was the dan jenkins of kings hockey writers.

Bergevin was the GM of the Canadiens when the Kings inexplicably ended their rebuild, he was GM of the Canadiens when Blake's disaster 2019 draft happened, he was GM of the Canadiens when Blake first showed an interest in PLD, he was GM of the Canadiens when Stevens, Willy D and TMac were hired. So what exactly is he blamed for?

Also, as bad as people want to say Bergevin was, he did manage to build a roster that went to the final, and was still promptly fired. Blake has yet to win a playoff round in 7 seasons on the job, but apparently has better job security than a tenured college professor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad