Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
They played well last night.....but Penguins are a poor measuring stick.
The peg ions aren’t actually a terrible measuring stick.
They’re a mediocre hockey team.
They have some talent, some reclamation projects, and aren’t rebuilding.
They’re not gonna be a lotto team.
There are 32 teams in the nhl, 16 make the playoffs. A middle team is a great measuring stick. For the first game.
He plays like that the next 81 games, and that line plays like that, they’re gonna get a lot of ice time and a lot of points.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Kakko‘s bad puck luck SHOULD reverse eventually. He’ll get confidence from that and then explode points-wise. That’s what I think.

Diabetes is also a major factor here. Stress and anxiety play a big role in blood sugar elevations, which lead to fatigue. A lot of diabetics have depression as well. Kakko needs confidence to succeed more so than anyone else.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The peg ions aren’t actually a terrible measuring stick.
They’re a mediocre hockey team.
They have some talent, some reclamation projects, and aren’t rebuilding.
They’re not gonna be a lotto team.
There are 32 teams in the nhl, 16 make the playoffs. A middle team is a great measuring stick. For the first game.
He plays like that the next 81 games, and that line plays like that, they’re gonna get a lot of ice time and a lot of points.
They may actually be a lottery team. They generated almost nothing last night. Sid the Kid can't keep up his incredible 5v5 play forever.

Reactions: leetch99

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
They may actually be a lottery team. They generated almost nothing last night. Sid the Kid can't keep up his incredible 5v5 play forever.
Two ways to look at it.
We beat up a bad team, and we’re a middling team.
Or
We beat up a middling team and we’re a very good team.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Two ways to look at it.
We beat up a bad team, and we’re a middling team.
Or
We beat up a middling team and we’re a very good team.
I don't think the Rangers could be considered a middling team coming off a president's trophy win with a ECF loss and no core roster changes.

Whether they have what it takes to go further than before, whether they are going to crumble with all the hockey they've played in the past 3 years, and whether they are going to get more balanced scoring throughout the lineup are the only outstanding questions.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
1000015118.jpg

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't think the Rangers could be considered a middling team coming off a president's trophy win with a ECF loss and no core roster changes.

Whether they have what it takes to go further than before, whether they are going to crumble with all the hockey they've played in the past 3 years, and whether they are going to get more balanced scoring throughout the lineup are the only outstanding questions.
which was my point about the penguins. They're the middling team, we just did that to them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Depends on his next contract. If he demands a ton of money without putting up the points he’s likely gone.
Personally I think he scores 60+ if he keeps playing like this and Chytil stays healthy.
Wow that is a huge call. Id be absolutely thrilled if KK scores 60 plus points this season. I didn't expect that kind of prediction. That would be amazing.

Reactions: bhamill

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Kakko‘s bad puck luck SHOULD reverse eventually. He’ll get confidence from that and then explode points-wise. That’s what I think.

Diabetes is also a major factor here. Stress and anxiety play a big role in blood sugar elevations, which lead to fatigue. A lot of diabetics have depression as well. Kakko needs confidence to succeed more so than anyone else.
It may play a role but there are hall of famers that had diabetes so it may not be the determining factor.

Last edited:

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Or we beat up a bad team and we're a very good team.
Third line is the key for OA improvement and to a lesser extent the 4th line . I think we will be OK . I would like to see the minutes evenly spread along with increased 4th line usage to have a more rounded well rested club for post season play . We should be bigger and harder to play against and wearing the other D down is a big part of winning in a playoff series . Go Rangers !

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Wow that is a huge call. Id be absolutely thrilled if KK scores 60 plus points this season. I didn't expect that kind of prediction. That would be amazing.
Well he put up 40 all at EV two seasons ago with pre breakout Laf and a lesser Fil… He’s two years stronger/more mature, he’s driving the net more, seems more confident. Confidence was huge in Laf’s step last year, Fil looks like a beast this year and I think 24-72-50 mesh in a really complimentary way. That third line won’t be facing other teams top dmen or checkers, that will be lines 1 & 2… Line 3 is set up for success IMO. I think Cuylle could go 20-20-40 under these conditions. Guess we will see.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Well he put up 40 all at EV two seasons ago with pre breakout Laf and a lesser Fil… He’s two years stronger/more mature, he’s driving the net more, seems more confident. Confidence was huge in Laf’s step last year, Fil looks like a beast this year and I think 24-72-50 mesh in a really complimentary way. That third line won’t be facing other teams top dmen or checkers, that will be lines 1 & 2… Line 3 is set up for success IMO. I think Cuylle could go 20-20-40 under these conditions. Guess we will see.
It is possible. Probably optimistic but possible. I like setting high goals though. No sense in KK hoping just to get back to 20-40. If KK hits 60 points this season we will be in pretty good shape!

With that said KK's last season's production was pretty bad so I'm just going to wait and see. I have hope but KK will have to show me on the ice.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
It is possible. Probably optimistic but possible. I like setting high goals though. No sense in KK hoping just to get back to 20-40. If KK hits 60 points this season we will be in pretty good shape!

With that said KK's last season's production was pretty bad so I'm just going to wait and see. I have hope but KK will have to show me on the ice.
Oh. I’m definitely optimistic. Hahahah. Overly so? We shall see!

• Love
Reactions: NickyFotiu

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

60 points, mainly all at 5v5, would be an EPIC season. That's Lafreniere's last season where he was playing on one of, if not the best line in hockey type of season

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Depends on his next contract. If he demands a ton of money without putting up the points he’s likely gone.
Personally I think he scores 60+ if he keeps playing like this and Chytil stays healthy.

I doubt 60, but if he plays like he played in that game every single night, he'll break 45. Maybe 50 an outside chance.

On the third line that'd be stellar.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
60 points, mainly all at 5v5, would be an EPIC season. That's Lafreniere's last season where he was playing on one of, if not the best line in hockey type of season
If Laf, KK and Chytil are all at a 60 point or above pace their PP likely will increase. On the other hand as guys like Zibs and CK age their time may decrease. Also unlikely Bread will be at last seasons goals/point totals. He can still play very well but I think last year may turn out to be his best career years in terms of total goals/points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad