Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Depends on his next contract. If he demands a ton of money without putting up the points he’s likely gone.
Personally I think he scores 60+ if he keeps playing like this and Chytil stays healthy.
They played well last night.....but Penguins are a poor measuring stick.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
They played well last night.....but Penguins are a poor measuring stick.
The peg ions aren’t actually a terrible measuring stick.
They’re a mediocre hockey team.
They have some talent, some reclamation projects, and aren’t rebuilding.
They’re not gonna be a lotto team.
There are 32 teams in the nhl, 16 make the playoffs. A middle team is a great measuring stick. For the first game.
He plays like that the next 81 games, and that line plays like that, they’re gonna get a lot of ice time and a lot of points.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
no need for a victory lap but i'm glad to hear kakko was engaged and approaching productive. he's a good young player with room yet to grow

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Kakko‘s bad puck luck SHOULD reverse eventually. He’ll get confidence from that and then explode points-wise. That’s what I think.

Diabetes is also a major factor here. Stress and anxiety play a big role in blood sugar elevations, which lead to fatigue. A lot of diabetics have depression as well. Kakko needs confidence to succeed more so than anyone else.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
The peg ions aren’t actually a terrible measuring stick.
They’re a mediocre hockey team.
They have some talent, some reclamation projects, and aren’t rebuilding.
They’re not gonna be a lotto team.
There are 32 teams in the nhl, 16 make the playoffs. A middle team is a great measuring stick. For the first game.
He plays like that the next 81 games, and that line plays like that, they’re gonna get a lot of ice time and a lot of points.
They may actually be a lottery team. They generated almost nothing last night. Sid the Kid can't keep up his incredible 5v5 play forever.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
They may actually be a lottery team. They generated almost nothing last night. Sid the Kid can't keep up his incredible 5v5 play forever.
Two ways to look at it.
We beat up a bad team, and we’re a middling team.
Or
We beat up a middling team and we’re a very good team.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Two ways to look at it.
We beat up a bad team, and we’re a middling team.
Or
We beat up a middling team and we’re a very good team.
I don't think the Rangers could be considered a middling team coming off a president's trophy win with a ECF loss and no core roster changes.

Whether they have what it takes to go further than before, whether they are going to crumble with all the hockey they've played in the past 3 years, and whether they are going to get more balanced scoring throughout the lineup are the only outstanding questions.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
1000015118.jpg

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I don't think the Rangers could be considered a middling team coming off a president's trophy win with a ECF loss and no core roster changes.

Whether they have what it takes to go further than before, whether they are going to crumble with all the hockey they've played in the past 3 years, and whether they are going to get more balanced scoring throughout the lineup are the only outstanding questions.
which was my point about the penguins. They're the middling team, we just did that to them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Depends on his next contract. If he demands a ton of money without putting up the points he’s likely gone.
Personally I think he scores 60+ if he keeps playing like this and Chytil stays healthy.
Wow that is a huge call. Id be absolutely thrilled if KK scores 60 plus points this season. I didn't expect that kind of prediction. That would be amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad