Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It is an indicator of past success. It's not an indicator of future success.

Zibanejad's line scored 0 goals against Barkov's line in the playoffs.
Barkov's line scored 0 goals against Zibanejad's line in the playoffs.

Barkov's line completely controlled the play against them but the actual impact on the scoreboard was zero.
Actual impact on the scoreboard is goaltending.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
For the umpteenth time...

No one here wants Kakko to fail.
We all want him to succeed.

The difference is that some of us want to bet/waste another year of prime Fox, Panarin and Shesterkin on Kakko taking a significant step.

I hope Kakko has it in him. But let's have a hard talk. He has had three coaches, each of whom have tried and failed to get him going. And even decided the team was better with a healthy Kakko sitting out.

Preseason is preseason. It doesn't mean anything. That said, Kakko looks lost out there. Will he pick up his game when the games matter like Laf did last year? I have significant doubts, and I don't think betting on Kakko is a smart move this season.

All I’ve seen from you and others is pure negativity, this is a great response and I appreciate ya bro.

If Kak can break out I firmly believe we are the team to beat (obviously if the rest of the team remains the same or with very, very little regression).

If he blows it, we’re getting a shit return unless he’s packaged with Lindgrens broken ass for a respectable D. I’m not enthused about that potential trade at all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad