Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Do Something, Kakko! Season 2, Episode 2, Part 1: In this very special two-part episode, Kaapo, fed up with his on-ice inability, befriends a party crowd that encourages him to do drugs. After finding out, Alexis and Filip enlist celebrity friends Liam Neeson, Jason Momoa, Celine Dion, Mayim Bialik, and BTS to stage an intervention. Special guest stars: Liam Neeson, Jason Momoa, Celine Dion, Mayim Bialik, and BTS

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Do Something, Kakko! Season 2, Episode 2, Part 1: In this very special two-part episode, Kaapo, fed up with his on-ice inability, befriends a party crowd that encourages him to do drugs. After finding out, Alexis and Filip enlist celebrity friends Liam Neeson, Jason Momoa, Celine Dion, Mayim Bialik, and BTS to stage an intervention. Special guest stars: Liam Neeson, Jason Momoa, Celine Dion, Mayim Bialik, and BTS

extreme eyeroll.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Not enough Craig T. Nelson!

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Do Something, Kakko! Season 2, Episode 2, Part 2: After a celebrity-studded drug intervention, Kaapo decides to go cold turkey. Bedridden, his demands for more blankets and less blankets at the same, however, flummox Filip and Alexis greatly. Special guest star: John C. Reilly as "Lew Halbano" from Partnership for Drug-Free Kids.

@Gordon Bombay

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
Do Something, Kakko! Season 2, Episode 2, Part 2: After a celebrity-studded drug intervention, Kaapo decides to go cold turkey. Bedridden, his demands for more blankets and less blankets at the same, however, flummox Filip and Alexis greatly. Special guest star: John C. Reilly as "Lew Halbano" from Partnership for Drug-Free Kids.

@Gordon Bombay
This season is gonna be a good one

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
We had 3 different coaches with Kakko and the same results. Maybe it’s the player that is the issue and why he is not improving and or does not look better than the year before. Yes he had injuries but so do all players. Tired of the excuses for Marcel Hossa 2.0

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
We had 3 different coaches with Kakko and the same results. Maybe it’s the player that is the issue and why he is not improving and or does not look better than the year before. Yes he had injuries but so do all players. Tired of the excuses for Marcel Hossa 2.0

The myth that he wasn't given multiple chances and opportunities still continues with some. I am far from saying the Rangers are masters of player development, however, as you said, if after multiple coaches we are seeing the same results then maybe it's time to look and realize it's at least majorly on the player in this case.

There have been Rangers we lament about given far less rope / chances in the top 6 than him. A real shame, as a fit Chytil and Kakko showing anything remotely resembling his promise was the thing that was supposed to take us to the next level.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I've given up on him. If nothing else he's incredibly consistent. It's a relief, I don't have to focus on him anymore waiting for him to show something. He's now in my peripheral.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Please. Marcel’s season high of 18 points in his 25year old season is less than half of Kakko’s high of 40 in his 21 year old season. Hahahahah. Terrible comparison for a still developing player.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I remember us killing Laf last preseason before he bursted out with a great year.

Im NOT saying the same will happen with Kakko, as I believe he has his limits as a player in this league, but its preseason, very early.

I do believe this is a very important show-me year for Kakko. Im willing to stay patient to see what he can do and rooting for him. (Like I have his whole career).

I'd like to see some good things happen for him early on and produce like he did two seasons ago. And honestly if he can provide that as a depth player on this team with the defense he provides ill be fine with that heading into the postseason.

I think playing with Chytil will help and he will be given that chance to start the year. But younger players are nipping at his heels now. Maybe thats the extra kick in the pants he needs

I've already come to terms with him not being the type of dynamic force he was drafted as. Not all is lost if he becomes a consistent two-way player who can pot 20 goals and put up 40-50 points. Theres value in that especially at his price point and age.

Last edited:
Reactions: bhamill

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I didn't watch the game last night, but I saw him get 3 good chances in the highlights. He's a good kid with a good attitude. He'll figure it out. Or he won't. I'm not going to stress about it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Chytil stays healthy, I think he has a good season.

I like the potential synergy of Cuylle Chytil Kakko. He just needs to get to the middle of the ice/slot.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Hope is free so I stay optimistic but I go back to what I have said previously. KK has not scored a point per game since he was 16 years old. Based on that I do not know if people should expect him to be a big NHL scorer. People mention 20 goals and 40 points. That is solid. I think 25 goals and 50 points may be a ceiling although I hope I'm wrong. The good news is he is still only 23 so there is always a chance that he finds another level. We are unlikely to draft #2 again for a while so we probably should support and hope for the best with KK.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Alexandre Daigle is probably a good comparison.
Why? His game was zero similar to Kakko’s…
He was a finesse guy who had no defense…
If you mean as far as being a high pick who disappointed but was still an NHL player I get that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad