Value of: Kaapo Kakko

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blackhawks probably add a 4th or take back some salary or something but I'd like to see this deal get done.
Change of scenery for both players.

I think cost difference is enough for Hawks not to have to add

Kakko has $2.1M AAV thru next year
Reichel has $1.2M AAV thru next year

Hawks give Rangers some cap room (Small but still) cap room relief in deal

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
We're quite literally 3, yes THREE, games into the season.

First time I see a projection on point after three game lol Huberdeau is on pace for 123 pts this season.

You guys know he did play last year, right?

2023-24: 0.31 PPG (25 point pace)
2024-25: 0.33 PPG (27 point pace)

If you don't think 61 games (really 221, if you exclude his outlier 40 point season) is enough, I'm not sure what to tell you. The guy is a bust, move on now before his draft pedigree is even more of a distant memory.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You guys know he did play last year, right?

2023-24: 0.31 PPG (25 point pace)
2024-25: 0.33 PPG (27 point pace)

If you don't think 61 games (really 221, if you exclude his outlier 40 point season) is enough, I'm not sure what to tell you. The guy is a bust, move on now before his draft pedigree is even more of a distant memory.
So what about the year before that? Or inconvenient for your flawed narrative?

Liljegren for Kakko?
Last thing we need is a RHD.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
So what about the year before that? Or inconvenient for your flawed narrative?

You mean the outlier season I already addressed...?

If you don't think 61 games (really 221, if you exclude his outlier 40 point season) is enough, I'm not sure what to tell you.

It would seem yours is the flawed argument if all you can do is point to a single year and shout that it's the real trend and, you know, not all the other ones around it...

2019-20: 0.35 PPG
2020-21: 0.35 PPG
2021-22: 0.41 PPG
2022-23: 0.48 PPG
2023-24: 0.31 PPG
2024-25: 0.33 PPG

We know what this player is, he's a bust, move on and just be glad Laf rebounded and is going to cover the bet. Not every team hits on their picks and the mighty Rangers are no different.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You mean the outlier season I already addressed...?

It would seem yours is the flawed argument if all you can do is point to a single year and shout that it's the real trend and, you know, not all the other ones around it...

2019-20: 0.35 PPG
2020-21: 0.35 PPG
2021-22: 0.41 PPG
2022-23: 0.48 PPG
2023-24: 0.31 PPG
2024-25: 0.33 PPG

We know what this player is, he's a bust, move on and just be glad Laf rebounded and is going to cover the bet. Not every team hits on their picks and the mighty Rangers are no different.
Okay then, no thanks. We’ll stick to our valuation. We don’t need to sell him to your team.

Reactions: bernmeister

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean I wouldn't say this, but would def prefer a lefty
We have arguably the best RHD in the league (okay likely second after Makar), who should really be playing about five minutes more per game than he does. That reduces any need for good 2RHD's and 3RHD's, but Schneider is pretty good and he's young. Trouba is the captain and all and has things that are redeeming about his game. He's had some good years before. Maybe this'll be a good one after he's now healthy.

And then when Trouba gets traded, we got Mancini (who is honestly a top 4 prospect for the team at this point) ready to step in next season. And then another top 4 prospect for the team Emery should be like two years behind him.

I think RHD is our deepest position, even more so than LW.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We have arguably the best RHD in the league (okay likely second after Makar), who should really be playing about five minutes more per game than he does. That reduces any need for good 2RHD's and 3RHD's, but Schneider is pretty good and he's young. Trouba is the captain and all and has things that are redeeming about his game. He's had some good years before. Maybe this'll be a good one after he's now healthy.

And then when Trouba gets traded, we got Mancini (who is honestly a top 4 prospect for the team at this point) ready to step in next season. And then another top 4 prospect for the team Emery should be like two years behind him.

I think RHD is our deepest position, even more so than LW.
Mancini being a top 4 prospect is why we also need RD. D cupboard is bare. Might have to replace half the defense next year.. IF Schneider can stick on the left it opens some things up, but yeah I wouldn't say no to RHD, but would rather have LHD; especially in this kind of a scenario.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A 25 point pace is "good"?
He had 1 point called off for a toe nail being offside. That puts his pace at nearly 55...

My point isn't he should have 2 points. My point is if something as small as 1 disallowed goal more than doubles the pace, maybe it's a silly thing to talk about right now. Also, paced for over 20 goals after his injury last season. The assist weren't there. I am one of his biggest critics but it's way to early to talk about production pace when 1 point changes everything.

Reactions: nashnaidoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad