Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
That injury looked horrible, hope he recovers quick. In the meantime if he’s on LTIR I wonder if that changes things with a certain player.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
tough to watch. feel awful for the kid.

glass half full...not like there's any speed he can lose.

Reactions: effen

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The only plus from this is that through the process of healing nyr will be able to send him to the AHL for a stint prior to playing in the NHL again without a bunch of crazy negative attention. This kid would get a chance to build some offensive confidence without the scrutiny. Sucks for him though in general but might be a career reset for him.

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The only plus from this is that through the process of healing nyr will be able to send him to the AHL for a stint prior to playing in the NHL again without a bunch of crazy negative attention. This kid would get a chance to build some offensive confidence without the scrutiny. Sucks for him though in general but might be a career reset for him.
That’s a pretty shitty plus. If that happens it will be more so he can rebuild is strength/endurance again so i doubt it will be a walk in the park where he dominates down there.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Hoping for only a sprain but didn't look very pretty. Probably extra frustration in the pain that this isn't how he wanted this season to go personally.

Slight liver lining is if he can come back this year it might be a needed reset.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Pull the old Hawks/Lightning/Knights trick... Kakko to LTIR, sign Kane, Kakko back for game 1 of the playoffs. Cup is ours. :D

Hawks : Kane
Lightning : Kucherov
Vegas : Stone

Rangers : ....Kakko

It would be so Rangers to utilize this legal cap circumvention strat to add a bum hip aging winger, and then re-add a $2.1M complete non-factor of a player back to their lineup for the playoffs. That would be their version of this strat for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Synergy27 and tlk

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
I am sure that everything will be fine without Kakko and the team will play even better than with him.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I am sure that everything will be fine without Kakko and the team will play even better than with him.
press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.jpg

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Injury didn’t look that bad to me. Looked more like a hyperextension than a multiple ligament tear. He was in a lot of pain though and was putting no weight on it at all so I very well could be wrong.

Sucks all around though. This kid can’t afford to lose any mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad