Player Discussion Kaapo Kakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORDE

I am Lorde, YA YA YA
Aug 13, 2008
Feelin' good on a Wednesday
There are 13 columns in the Yahoo NHL boxscore other than shifts and minutes. If I'm our coaches I would show KK this games boxscore and ask him if he noticed anything. He was the only Ranger with a 0 in every single column other than shifts and minutes played. Forget about goas, assists and points. No shots, no hits, no takaways, no blocked shots, no PIM. Nothing. Nada.
I'm honestly shocked at just HOW BAD he's looked this season after looking the way he did in the pre-season

and how GOOD Laffy looks after his awful pre-season.

I mean I get that pre means nothing but damn KK looks like barely a 4th line grinder.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I'm honestly shocked at just HOW BAD he's looked this season after looking the way he did in the pre-season

and how GOOD Laffy looks after his awful pre-season.

I mean I get that pre means nothing but damn KK looks like barely a 4th line grinder.
KK started the season with a goal as well. I'd rather see a penalty than all zeros. I know that seems strange but at least if he got a penalty I know he was trying to do something. Its like a coach in basketball said. If you have zero fouls in a game you probably were not playing defense hard enough. I'm not a big point stats guy but throw some hits, block some shots, steal some pucks. Something to show us you were on the ice. I wonder what is going on in his head because he mentioned he had to do more but that was weeks ago.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
what he doing juring days? is he nightguy? still a playing Atari video games? also wondering why he seem slow and passivating juring game. he seem not trying . coming to midice stopping and pushing puck over to first teammate passing by and all there left kakko standing still. my big question tonight: does he go down bending legs like going down to knees levels juring game anytime? c mon kakko they cutting your icetime more and more. soon time away complete. maybe better looking at easy hockey soft areas at Western team terrytories. anaheim milk team plenty place in rosters. also san jose boubling in emptiness. could there to be coming ice time suffering to lafresque any day. he seem getting homerminits and me not impressed off his yet laughable numbers.

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
At this rate Kakko might be traded at the deadline for an upgrade. Very disappointing. He doesn’t have the personality to play his grind it out style. All he does is figure 8’s along the boards until he turns it over. He never attacks, he isn’t physical, he’s slow as shit. He should watch his current line mate and take notes.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
don't think he meshes with what Laviolette wants, Kakko isn't small but meat & potatoes style of Hockey doesn't fit him. Have no clue what Drury is planning to do with this asset though, I worry he will breakout in another jersey and will look damn good doing it but I think our Rangers need to take that risk and find someone that better fits the system.

Weird how much can change in just a couple months, I was very high on big Kak going into the season and way down on Laf.

Reactions: egelband

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He has like the best defensive numbers of any forward on the team. Why do we need to consider trading him? For an offensive player who won't have a key PP role anyway? He's an asset no matter what with his defense and if he can chip in offensively that's a bonus. Who cares about his draft position. He's a useful player on a cheap deal.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
He has like the best defensive numbers of any forward on the team. Why do we need to consider trading him? For an offensive player who won't have a key PP role anyway? He's an asset no matter what with his defense and if he can chip in offensively that's a bonus. Who cares about his draft position. He's a useful player on a cheap deal.
gonna have to decide whether or not we want to give him a pay-raise this upcoming summer anyways. If Kakko was making 4M right now how would you feel about him?

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
points schmoints

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
At this rate Kakko might be traded at the deadline for an upgrade. Very disappointing. He doesn’t have the personality to play his grind it out style. All he does is figure 8’s along the boards until he turns it over. He never attacks, he isn’t physical, he’s slow as shit. He should watch his current line mate and take notes.
Rangers too weak on RW to move KK at the deadline for anything other than another RW.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Rangers too weak on RW to move KK at the deadline for anything other than another RW.
That’s the logical move unless they bring in another center and move Chytil to rw. If the Rangers are still playing this well and Kakko is still playing like cocko at the deadline I can’t see them not making a move for another rw.

Reactions: Daves a mess

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Rangers went into this season with Kakko as the only top 6 RW and has now been surpassed handily by a younger player learning a new position and a 37 year old. When he’s traded Sammy Blais 2.0 this summer no one should surprised

Reactions: Daves a mess

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Sad to say it, but let’s be honest, Kakko needs the larger ice surface to be successful. He does not fit with North American style of game.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
You know what's well suited to playing this system? The kid line. And the kid line is inevitable.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
He went to the net with no Flyers nearby. Called for the puck. Bonino wouldn’t pass and the play died. Can’t judge him without Chytil back. He needs a real center.

But you all want to trade a guy who is never on the ice for goals against. Seems dumb to me. The team is winning. Breathe.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I hope Rangers trade him. I wouldn't mind him coming to the Flyers or the Canes. Heck, I would rather see him in the Devils and Avalanche as well.
He needs a franchise that at least can give him something to work with and especially give him a real opportunity to proceed and develop- or fail.
Rangers have been pretty bad regarding that with Kakko.

And chill, this isn't a biased Finnish poster, why do you guys think I would want him in a franchise I support? Thing is i both believe and hope he has something more to unlock, but I don't believe that will happen in Rangers.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad