Value of: K’Andre Miller (3.872 cap hit)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Jack McBain brings this and only 23. RFA at season end. He is one guy the Rangers should target. Someone young and with a future. What if Chytil is done for his career or next year, rather get someone in that age range. Not some vet who is UFA at season ends. Get the next Brian Boyle type. Players are out there. I like Lundell from the Panthers but I doubt he is available, id gladly offer a 1st for him.

i really havent seen him play but i absolutely agree with the thought process. i'd definitely be evaluating the market with both expiring deal vets and potential longer term pieces in mind. no need to force the issue on having a replacement for chytil in place by the deadline, but if the right player at the right price is available get it done now. can always figure out how the pieces fit going forward over the summer if it looks like chytil is actually ready and planning to return.

re the subject of this thread though, i'm not sure now is the time to move kandre. he's obviously still got a lot of upside, and despite how much fans shift the timeline up for players to reach their potential immediately because of the outliers, reality is most dmen really don't hit their stride until their mid-late 20s. look at a guy like brandon montour, toews, sanheim, hronek etc etc. that's the norm, and players careers are never linear, there's almost always ups and downs before the level off. given kandre came in particularly raw at the position relative to most players and has a toolkit that can't be coached, you don't move him now, if you move him at all, unless you're getting a return in line with what he can be. it would be horrendous asset mgmt to panic and move him at a discount in the middle of a down year.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This.

He's had a rough stretch but the potential is too high. He needs to start jumping up in the play more if he's gonna be below average defensively. He has way too much offensive talent to be not using it like he has.

If he has another year next year like this one I think NYR is chomping at the bit to extend him for 5x4M or something similar
He jumps into the play plenty. The problem is he usually flubs a pass or leaves the puck behind him when he does. I want you to watch him and tell me how much offensive creativity you see there. I don't see any. You can tell before Miller gets the puck what his move will be. He makes the completely predictable move in the offensive zone and for some reason never makes the safe play on the defensive zone. People talk about all this talent and I don't think it's talent. It's physical tools. Talent is knowing what to do with those and I have been extremely vocal is saying I don't think he has that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldn't trade Miller for Chytil. Why would I trade him for a lesser player in Jack McBain without a serious kicker?
Because those 1 shot per game numbers will lead us to the cup! :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I mean in an ideal world yeah but you’re not getting value back for Trouba, you’d have to pay to dump him. He also has an NMC
trouba full nmc now is ntc next season, we can send him to DET relatively cheap to move most of his cap
no need to pay to move JT, we just acknowledge while not getting much in return we are moving on, which is fine.

KAM is another story
cost more to replace him then watch him up his game as team improves

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I thought Miller was a good young D??
Miller has to start using his reach and size to his advance. Situation awareness needs to be better. If he's not mentally checked into the game, then take time off.

But there are some overreactions here.

1. Trouba has been terrible. Our coach uses Miller/Trouba as the top pairing line.
2. Goalie can't stop a beach ball.
3. 5 on 5 production is non-existence.
4. The coach loves Trouba and put hm back on pp2.

When everything ends up in the back of your net, the leash gets tighter by fans. When the offense doesn't outweigh the goals going in, the leash gets tighter by fans. Rangers can take a risk and move Miller, but without addressing the other issues, my guess is we'll be seeing failed results.

Reactions: Benstheman

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I thought Miller was a good young D??
He is but not surprised with the lack of patience fans have for young dmen. I am a big Miller fan and will admit he has had a rough patch this year (also took a leave of absence for unknown reason this year). So instead of giving him a long leash Rangers fans are ready to jettison him out of NY.
Some forget he basically put up 40 plus points and basically none of those were on the pp.
Plus he has played terrific playoff hockey against some of the top forwards in the East garnering the toughest matchups.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
They have the cap space to offer sheet Pettersson
Plus they could trade a younger d for 2C
If they want to give up their next 4 first rounders, but I can't see that happening. Is Petey signing with the Habs anyway? He stated his desire to be on a winning team.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Maybe the Canucks can get him. We've been successfull with Miller's in the past.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Never gave an offer ....I'm stunned a Rag fan would even consider trading Miller

Aren't the Habs center poor why would they deal Suzuki when they are D rich.....
We're center poor because Dach and Dvorak are out for the season.
Otherwise we were not too bad in terms of depth (lacking in quality) with Suzuki, Dach, Monahan, Dvorak and Evans.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Completely healthy with no concussion history, I still wouldn't Malone Miller for Chytil

Agree to disagree here. Put halfway decent wingers next to Chytil (not Kakko or Laf) he’s a 60 point guy. Skate him with Panarin he would be 70+. Miller is going in the other direction

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Agree to disagree here. Put halfway decent wingers next to Chytil (not Kakko or Laf) he’s a 60 point guy. Skate him with Panarin he would be 70+. Miller is going in the other direction

Miller is having a bad season anchored to Trouba. Thats not trending, that's an anomaly.

I expect Miller to be a 40+ to 50+ point all purpose top pairing defender.

More important than 2nd line center that need a Panarin to get him there.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
Miller is having a bad season anchored to Trouba. Thats not trending, that's an anomaly.

I expect Miller to be a 40+ to 50+ point all purpose top pairing defender.

More important than 2nd line center that need a Panarin to get him there.

I do not see him being a 50 point top pairing D man unless he’s just sitting there being carried by Fox. Let’s check back here next year this time and see who’s right.

Sounds like some someone doesn’t like Chytil. Your expectations are capped for him as a 3rd line center then?

Also, you Ranger fans are very funny with you boy Trouba. You hate him yet defend him when others talk poorly about him, then you love him when he cheap shots on everyone and now you guys hate him again.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I do not see him being a 50 point top pairing D man unless he’s just sitting there being carried by Fox. Let’s check back here next year this time and see who’s right.

Sounds like some someone doesn’t like Chytil. Your expectations are capped for him as a 3rd line center then?

Also, you Ranger fans are very funny with you boy Trouba. You hate him yet defend him when others talk poorly about him, then you love him when he cheap shots on everyone and now you guys hate him again.

I don't hate Trouba, but for what he is, 8 per is about 3 more than what he should be pocketing.

Ignite111

Feb 9, 2017
I don't hate Trouba, but for what he is, 8 per is about 3 more than what he should be pocketing.
I do agree with you that he’s way overpaid but If he’s an anchor to a second pairing D man he shouldn’t be 5 mil a year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad