Value of: K’Andre Miller (3.872 cap hit)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Drop Gudas. Add top 5 protected 1st and Perreault's brother.

As much I can't stand Miller, he plays 20+ minutes a night. I don't want a first so I can draft a kid I hope is as good as Miller in 5 years. I want someone who can play Defense so we can fix what is wrong with this team and take a shot before we have to blow this team up and start over again.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Miller (3,872,000x1 more year) and Goodrow (3,641,667x3more years) to Nashville for Lauzon (2.0Mx2 more) and a 2nd.

Even though I hate him and think he's terrible, Miller has the most upside in the deal. I don't care. Rangers pick up 5m+ in cap space and get rid of Miller before they sign him to a franchise dooming anchor of a contract and get a Dman who can play defense and doesn't bail out on every opportunity there is to avoid contact.

Flame away.
That is an absolutely brutal offer.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
As much I can't stand Miller, he plays 20+ minutes a night. I don't want a first so I can draft a kid I hope is as good as Miller in 5 years. I want someone who can play Defense so we can fix what is wrong with this team and take a shot before we have to blow this team up and start over again.
Gudas can play defense? 😂

GunkWinger

Oct 21, 2008
CT
Trading KAM is so dumb. Clearly he's dealing with something. Just cause it's mental and not physical people discount it. Chytl is probably costing us just as many points with his injury but we're not bailing on him. Let him sort it out. He's not even in the prime of his career.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I would do Miller for Buch and Hayes at 50% retained. Reunite the KZB line, and Hayes can be a decent 3C. BTW, you have to take Goodrow's contract.

goodrow isn't going anywhere this year, probably gets moved in the summer tho.

zero interest in hayes. i love hayes as a person, but he's not a guy i'm adding for a 3c role on a playoff team. you need someone who competes a lot harder defensively and brings an edge. they need someone who absolutely sucks to play against...i mean a real piece of sht out there. there's no perfect solution, but they can certainly acquire someone who embraces a lockdown line role and irritates whoever hes matched up against. henrique might be the best realistic option there for what the rangers have room for and in what they're willing to part with. the chytil space does create an opportunity to get more creative though and potentially take on a non-expiring deal (ie a yanni gourde) at a higher hit and they can figure out who's sticking around in the summer. no idea if he's an option or what the cost would be...just a guy who fits the type of player and in the cap range they can now add. they could also try to get involved in the lindholm sweepstakes, tho i think that price will be beyond the assets they're willing to part with for a guy they have no shot to hold onto.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Millers not going anywhere.

This.

He's had a rough stretch but the potential is too high. He needs to start jumping up in the play more if he's gonna be below average defensively. He has way too much offensive talent to be not using it like he has.

If he has another year next year like this one I think NYR is chomping at the bit to extend him for 5x4M or something similar

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
goodrow isn't going anywhere this year, probably gets moved in the summer tho.

zero interest in hayes. i love hayes as a person, but he's not a guy i'm adding for a 3c role on a playoff team. you need someone who competes a lot harder defensively and brings an edge. they need someone who absolutely sucks to play against...i mean a real piece of sht out there. there's no perfect solution, but they can certainly acquire someone who embraces a lockdown line role and irritates whoever hes matched up against. henrique might be the best realistic option there for what the rangers have room for and in what they're willing to part with. the chytil space does create an opportunity to get more creative though and potentially take on a non-expiring deal (ie a yanni gourde) at a higher hit and they can figure out who's sticking around in the summer. no idea if he's an option or what the cost would be...just a guy who fits the type of player and in the cap range they can now add. they could also try to get involved in the lindholm sweepstakes, tho i think that price will be beyond the assets they're willing to part with for a guy they have no shot to hold onto.

Jack McBain brings this and only 23. RFA at season end. He is one guy the Rangers should target. Someone young and with a future. What if Chytil is done for his career or next year, rather get someone in that age range. Not some vet who is UFA at season ends. Get the next Brian Boyle type. Players are out there. I like Lundell from the Panthers but I doubt he is available, id gladly offer a 1st for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad