Trade Saros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

Media would push it because they want a young goalie battle of Calgary's Wolf and an Edmonton Askarov.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Zero idea why a "win now" team like the Oilers would remotely consider Askarov over a Saros, Hart, etc... Then again, it sounds like a "big brain" thing the Oilers would do.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Zero idea why a "win now" team like the Oilers would remotely consider Askarov over a Saros, Hart, etc... Then again, it sounds like a "big brain" thing the Oilers would do.
Yeah it’s idiotic but it would be cheaper both asset and capwise than going for someone like Saros.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
They have less than 100k of cap space
Then they pay the extra assets to attach Campbell, Foegele, or some other contract to a trade...or for retention. It isn't like Askarov is stuck in the AHL just because Saros is so good (which Saros is, of course), he is legitimately not ready to be an NHL net minder. It would be a brutally stupid move to trade a major assets to toss an unready kid into goal as the "solution" for an already struggling team.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Then they pay the extra assets to attach Campbell, Foegele, or some other contract to a trade...or for retention. It isn't like Askarov is stuck in the AHL just because Saros is so good (which Saros is, of course), he is legitimately not ready to be an NHL net minder. It would be a brutally stupid move to trade a major assets to toss an unready kid into goal as the "solution" for an already struggling team.

I agree.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
OK, EDM needs a goalie. shooting like an uzi, tops in the NHL in shots but not scoring. Defensively, they are nearly top 10 in shots against.

IF, it's a good deal it might have to be Leon (3.5M more than Saros) + 1st + Campbell (3.85m) for Saros+. Fogele is not anywhere near enough for a deal. He would be mid level scoring on the Preds. (3 goals this season. 27 years old and NEVER broke 20)

Actually, getting Campbell would be interesting depth chart wise; Askarov up to NHL with Lanky as the back up, Campbell and Grosnick in Milwaukee.

and Volde, I have to disagree. Saros would flourish in EDM. EDM is allowing less shots than NSH.

This is me spitballin' but I could see the + next to Saros being a conditional pick trade, ( Oil miss the playoffs it's a 2nd, make the playoffs it's a 3rd. each rd lowers the pick)

The total cap hit going to Nashville would be 7.35m, which the Preds COULD eat with Campbell buried.

LOGIC says NO f***ING WAY!!!!!!!!!!! Also I want to hear counteroffers.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Sorry mate, nobody is trading a Draisaitl-caliber player, regardless of the balances on either side, for a goalie.

Again, it's great we can identify Edmonton has a goalie need, but we cleaned out a lot of their assets last year. There isn't a ton there that makes sense for us to trade Saros for nor for them to want to trade with where they are at in their build and with their cap situation.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Sorry mate, nobody is trading a Draisaitl-caliber player, regardless of the balances on either side, for a goalie.

Again, it's great we can identify Edmonton has a goalie need, but we cleaned out a lot of their assets last year. There isn't a ton there that makes sense for us to trade Saros for nor for them to want to trade with where they are at in their build and with their cap situation.

That's why I said spitballn'. Being critical is easy, give us a counter. Capfriendly.com is there. make something that works.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I was just coming to raise the question of whether Saros is dogshit this year because of the team in front of him or if the Preds are struggling because Saros is playing like shit?
Well defensively they are bad in front of him. I mean he's stopping a ton of point blank chances, there have just been so many you aren't going to get them all.

He has had a bad one tonight but that's been more he exception than the rule. You are only going to stop so many shots when guys are wide open between the dots.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I was just coming to raise the question of whether Saros is dogshit this year because of the team in front of him or if the Preds are struggling because Saros is playing like shit?
We giving up some prime scoring chances infront of him. Could be a mix of both but the team definitely isnt helping

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
List of teams top 15 in Goals for but GAA above 3:

Ott
NJ
Det
TOR
Car

-0-

TB - Vasy?
WPG - Hellesuck?
MN

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
That's why I said spitballn'. Being critical is easy, give us a counter. Capfriendly.com is there. make something that works.
There isn't a counter. There is nothing from Edmonton I want outside of an unprotected 2024 1st, but it's not enough. Bouchard probably isn't getting traded and isn't all that great on the defensive end (and is putting up very bloated numbers because of McDrai). Broberg and Holloway are more of the same fringe NHL types we already have enough of.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The more I look at Ottawa, the more I think that is a sexy pick. 2 1sts, cheap goalie on a shortish contract in Anton Forsberg

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The more I look at Ottawa, the more I think that is a sexy pick. 2 1sts, cheap goalie on a shortish contract in Anton Forsberg
Ottawa has to forfeit a 1st within the next three seasons. They are currently trending toward a top 8 pick. I would be highly surprised if they trade this particular one, knowing they are going one of these seasons without one and after what happened with them giving up what became a top 5 pick in the Duchene trade. Their other pick in '24 is whichever of Detroit or Boston's picks is worse, so likely something in the 20+ range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad