Trade Saros?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Cant blame Saros for wanting out. He's in his prime. I'm sure he'd rather be on a contender than endure a rebuild. And he may blame Brunos system for his shitty numbers this year. Plus he knows Askarov is coming, probably sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Kat Predator

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just the nature of the business but one thing is for sure Fitzgerald is going to need to give something up if he wants a proven goalie. GM's know a guy like Saros can pull a 1st + prospect from anyone, even some teams that may not really need it, so you gotta give them a reason to give the player to you.

Old saying goes, it takes money to make money, well in this case it takes players to get players. Right now he wants the players but he doesn't want to give one in return.

I think Saros is probably gone one way or the other now, whether its this deadline or at the draft. There is just way too much smoke, and when you start hearing rumors of the player wanting out that usually doesn't lead to them being around long term.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll also add I really hope Trotz doesn't decide to keep guys based on being in wild card spot. If we are in a rebuild we need to make decisions based around that. A rebuild isn't really going to work if you throw long term plans out for short term gains. You just end up not doing either thing well.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'll also add I really hope Trotz doesn't decide to keep guys based on being in wild card spot. If we are in a rebuild we need to make decisions based around that. A rebuild isn't really going to work if you throw long term plans out for short term gains. You just end up not doing either thing well.

Same. We aren't contending, we can trade off some of our UFAs and call up guys from Milwaukee and still be in roughly the same spot.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Cant blame Saros for wanting out. He's in his prime. I'm sure he'd rather be on a contender than endure a rebuild. And he may blame Brunos system for his shitty numbers this year. Plus he knows Askarov is coming, probably sooner rather than later.
Yeah not crazy to think that if the contract talks are far apart he’d prefer to go ahead and move on.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah not crazy to think that if the contract talks are far apart he’d prefer to go ahead and move on.
Well and it depends greatly on what he is looking for. I suspect its less about dollars and much more about term. Trotz probably only wants to give him 3-4 years and obviously Saros is going to want 7-8.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I will give the Mercer ask some credence coming from a Devils blogger/reporter/ whatever...not going to put too much stock in him alluding to Saros wanting to be here or not. There hasn't been much concrete reporting to that effect from legit sources and the Devils/fans/whatever have a vested interest in nicking Saros' perceived value at the moment.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I will give the Mercer ask some credence coming from a Devils blogger/reporter/ whatever...not going to put too much stock in him alluding to Saros wanting to be here or not. There hasn't been much concrete reporting to that effect from legit sources and the Devils/fans/whatever have a vested interest in nicking Saros' perceived value at the moment.
Only reason I do is it isn't the first time we've heard it, although I can't remember where the first instance of it came from either.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Is mercer Center capable? Him being rw is probably just a function of NJD having the luxury of Hughes and Hischier. If trotz supposedly asked for him then he must like him

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Same. We aren't contending, we can trade off some of our UFAs and call up guys from Milwaukee and still be in roughly the same spot.
Ufa, sure. But personally unless there is an offer you can't refuse I'd keep.saros until summer and try for another lightning in a bottle playoff run this year

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
“Barry Trotz asked for Dawson Mercer, Seamus Casey, Akira Schmid, the Devils 2024 first-round pick, and the Devils 2025 2nd pick for Alexandre Carrier, Juuse Saros, with the Predators retaining 50 percent on Carrier,” a source told Full Press Hockey.

If true, Trotz must really like paying players to play for other teams. Aren’t we down to two retaining spots for at least two years?

• Wow
Reactions: Viqsi

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
“Barry Trotz asked for Dawson Mercer, Seamus Casey, Akira Schmid, the Devils 2024 first-round pick, and the Devils 2025 2nd pick for Alexandre Carrier, Juuse Saros, with the Predators retaining 50 percent on Carrier,” a source told Full Press Hockey.

If true, Trotz must really like paying players to play for other teams. Aren’t we down to two retaining spots for at least two years?
Carrier is ufa this summer so we get that spot back

Kinda crazy that this leaked this far from the deadline

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

It wouldn’t matter much because it would only be retention for one year cash wise it would be less than million dollar. It would be better than retaining on Saros which would be for two years, so it would be two years that Nashville could not retain

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm assuming in that ask Casey, the 2nd, and Schmid were basically part of the ask for Carrier/Retention with Schmid basically being a dump.

When you first look at it its kind of steep looking but once you break it down its not that far fetched of an ask for Saros and Carrier+retention. I think I would have taken a lesser prospect in the Carrier part but I get why Trotz would ask this far out from the deadline.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Elliot Friedman also reported it.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I mean id probably be pretty cool with that haul all things considered. I dont have great faith in Schmid but he would be a backfill for Askarov in Mil.

So casey and 2nd of carrier @ 50%

Mercer and a 1st for saros

Scmid as a toss in.

I feel like even without Casey that's a real hefty ask.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I mean id probably be pretty cool with that haul all things considered. I dont have great faith in Schmid but he would be a backfill for Askarov in Mil.

So casey and 2nd of carrier @ 50%

Mercer and a 1st for saros

Scmid as a toss in.

I feel like even without Casey that's a real hefty ask.

So, Schmid in Milwaukee to back up Goose, Askarov to Nashville.

Mercer to top line Nashville, Nyquil to 2nd line. RHD prospect. and picks. Livingstone to Nashville?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So, Schmid in Milwaukee to back up Goose, Askarov to Nashville.

Mercer to top line Nashville, Nyquil to 2nd line. RHD prospect. and picks. Livingstone to Nashville?
Gus is on pace for his career best or second best season with ROR/FF9. Mercer is barely 1/2 PPG playing with the likes of Jack Hughes. Why exactly would he go straight to the first line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad