Confirmed with Link: Justin Braun new contract 2x$1.8AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The AAV is a lot lower than I expected he would get. The flat cap really screwed Braun.

He was making $3.8 last year. At $1.8, he's actually a decent bargain.

That being said, it's 1 year longer than I would have liked. I'm sure that was the cost of getting that low of an AAV.

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. They cannot be labouring under the delusion that Hagg-Braun are a pair that works. It's extremely obvious that they do not work.

Ideally this would be the D depth chart at the moment.

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - ______
Ghost - Braun

Hagg-Friedman
Morin

What I fear..

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Ghost
Hagg - Braun

Morin-Friedman

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Fine with the cap hit but why a second year?

tenor.gif

BritainStix

Oct 20, 2016
f*** me. This is such bullshit knee jerk reaction shit by Fletcher. f*** off.

Time for another year where Hagg-Braun is one of the worst pairings in the NHL. f*** this shit...
Jesus, do you do anything other than massively overreact at things?

Braun on a one year deal would have been perfectly fine. The second year hurts, but its far from an immoveable contract. Especially in an expansion year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
f*** me. This is such bullshit knee jerk reaction shit by Fletcher. f*** off.

Time for another year where Hagg-Braun is one of the worst pairings in the NHL. f*** this shit...
Jesus Christ, relax. It's not like when they kept re-signing Nick Schultz.

2 defensemen under $2M is perfectly reasonable depth, and easily moveable if need be.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
The AAV is a lot lower than I expected he would get. The flat cap really screwed Braun.

He was making $3.8 last year. At $1.8, he's actually a decent bargain.

That being said, it's 1 year longer than I would have liked. I'm sure that was the cost of getting that low of an AAV.

I'm really not sure what the plan is though. They cannot be labouring under the delusion that Hagg-Braun are a pair that works. It's extremely obvious that they do not work.

Ideally this would be the D depth chart at the moment.

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - ______
Ghost - Braun

Hagg-Friedman
Morin

What I fear..

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Ghost
Hagg - Braun

Morin-Friedman

Good post. I just don't see how they can feel comfortable with the D group as is though. Can't have Hagg or Braun playing top 4 minutes. There has to be another move coming, and with more cap space, they should be able to move it.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Don't see the problem with this whatsoever.
that extra year is ehh, but he took a 2m pay cut.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Braun sucked away from Sanheim and the top six. But he played enough time there to fool people into thinking he wasn't bad.

His time with Hagg was absolutely horrendous and that's likely what we end up with next year, knowing AV.

In the regular season:
41.40 CF%
46.21 xGF%

In the playoffs:
47.92 CF%
38.61 xGF%

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good post. I just don't see how they can feel comfortable with the D group as is though. Can't have Hagg or Braun playing top 4 minutes. There has to be another move coming, and with more cap space, they should be able to move it.

If Ghost can bounce back to something close to 2018, a Friedman-Braun bottom pair could potentially work. He's capable of playing both sides and stylistically there could be a match there.

Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Ghost
Friedman - Braun

But Friedman would have to blow the doors off to play ahead of Bobby Hitz unfortunately.

OR maybe Zamula surprises in camp and makes the team? Who knows. I'd be surprised if Chuck didn't sign or trade for someone at this point though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They had no choice. Can’t go into FA with two holes at RD. And Braun is cheap. In a flat cap world, plenty of teams would be in on him.

At least now they only have one hole to worry about.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad