Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Where I'm at right now, all of this is of course barring any trades:

1) There's too many young guys that have fought hard and will fight hard in the future for a spot for Vrana. It sucks, I wish him the best, I hope he gets an NHL deal elsewhere, but it's time to move on.

2) Because of cap shenanigans, I see almost no way that Bear isn't sent through waivers to start the season. It's the only way that they can keep Oshie on LTI to start the season and maximize the LTIR pool for him.

3) You have to give Cristall or Rybynski at least 2 or 3 regular season games. As Friedman always says, the players know who deserves to be there and both of them are having better camps than other guys potentially on the bubble. I would assume they don't stick (which is completely fine!) and that eventually the middle 6 is McM-PLD-Wilson, Milano-Lappy-Protas. I would love to see Cristall-PLD-Wilson, Milano-McM-Protas on opening night though. Doesn't mean he's played poorly or can't come up later, but Miro has pretty clearly been beaten out to me.

Reactions: swansonsays

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Also I'm tired of the "rather have young guys play top line minutes in Hershey than sit or play 10 minutes in the NHL" sentiment. There's a whole lot of value in being able to practice and travel with the big club and the number one thing the organization is concerned with is making the NHL club as good as possible. Lapierre can sit for a couple games and he will be fine.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Some people taking crazy pills.

Lapierre > CMM, Protas, Milano, Vrana, etc. it’s not even especially close. He drives play more than any of these players.

If Cristall gets a shot, it should be to see if he, along with our other best players, play well together. Players like Lapierre.

Honestly, being waiver exempt doesn’t make him in any way waiveable. Plays great here, then goes back to Hershey and is playoff MVP.

Someone please explain how Vrana makes us in any way better than Lapierre?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad