Player Discussion Justin Barron

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I thought he played one of his better games tonight. Probably was the third best d after guhle and Hutson.
Quite evidently, but some people think he was dogshit.

Go figure.

You can tell who watches the game and who just confirms their bias.

He had one bad pass, which I wouldn't totally even put on him.

But he did a bunch of other good things tonight.

Reactions: Walksss

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
I thought he played well and has taken substantial steps compared to his play last year. His physical game has been 10x better this season, i think he has room to improve on it still which would be great.

There are still concerns though, his passing accuracy hasn't been great and it seems it's from rushing the play and breakouts, he really needs to find a way to slow the play down.

He seems like a guy who needs more reps to become more comfortable. Not a guy who plays top-4 minutes with Matheson, that's not the recipe. I assume it'll be a 3 man rotation with Xhekaj and Struble and I hope we give him the leash to continue to get the reps he needs.

Reactions: Andrei79

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
22, all the tools and he’s getting better. Not like we’re competing for a cup right now, let the dude play and see where he’s at in 2-3 years.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Quite evidently, but some people think he was dogshit.

Go figure.

You can tell who watches the game and who just confirms their bias.

He had one bad pass, which I wouldn't totally even put on him.

But he did a bunch of other good things tonight.
What about all the puck bobbling that killed offense & transitions?

Dipshit is Josh Brook reincarnate..

Thankfully Struble’s return will permanently plant his kisser in the pressbox

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What about all the puck bobbling that killed offense & transitions?
I didn't notice that this was an issue for him more than any other player.

Our transition was awful for most of the game regardless.

The amount of times that passes weren't tape-to-tape or behind guys, I'm not just going to point it out when it happens to a specific player.

I keep saying it, but Barron for whatever reason isn't well liked, so every mistake gets magnified, while every good play gets ignored.

Unless he piles up points that's not going to change around here because that's what we do round’ here.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
By far the best game he played this season was tonight. Was physical and laid out a couple of Pens, moved the puck well, overall a much needed solid performance. If we could get tonight’s version of Barron on a more consistent basis, we’d be a much better overall team. Gotta give the man credit where it’s due, he was one of the best Habs defensemen tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad