Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Also funny when our 1st overall scores twice bringing him up to 6 goals past the halfway point of the season and people in here go "hmmm the haters don't have much to talk about anymore hehe 😎"

Eat the crumbs
Oddly enough...a lot of people have never even gotten into the discussion about production.

It was about the process.

Now the process, is leading to more production. Hopefully that continues.

But i'll say like I've said from jump, we're just scratching the surface.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
is Cope another player, I don't see him on hockeydb, he's probably better than Slaf

Oddly enough...a lot of people have never even gotten into the discussion about production.

It was about the process.

Now the process, is leading to more production. Hopefully that continues.

But i'll say like I've said from jump, we're just scratching the surface.
Hey i'm glad he's doing better than "absolute dogshit, might be one of the worst skaters in the NHL" like he did for the first 15-20 games

I'd love to cheer for him and i'd love for him to impress me and turn into a great player, I just don't see it happening with this guy at all, this is KK and Galchenyuk all over again from where I stand so i'm not holding my breath

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
This guy will NEVER score 90 points in the NHL jesus christ y'all need to be kept in check by @Mrb1p and I, you run wild when we're not around
The only people I've seen mention 90 pts for Slaf are those saying he will never get 90 pts.

There probably was some people throwing that number around and I missed it but it must've been like 5 people max.

I agree though, I don't see him getting 90 pts.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hey i'm glad he's doing better than "absolute dogshit, might be one of the worst skaters in the NHL" like he did for the first 15-20 games
He was never dog shit, and you're certainly not glad he's doing better.

No one glad would make a post like this. He's doing better and it's causing you to be bitter and petty. That's a "you" issue, not him doing better.
I'd love to cheer for him and i'd love for him to impress me and turn into a great player, I just don't see it happening with this guy at all, this is KK and Galchenyuk all over again from where I stand so i'm not holding my breath
Debatable.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl

No one glad would make a post like this. He's doing better and it's causing you to be bitter and petty. That's a "you" issue, not him doing better.

Debatable.

didn't know you knew me that well, do I have to pay rent to live in your head like that?
I know how I feel thank you very much ;) i've turned the corner on players before when they actually showed potential or growth over a more reasonable period of time than what we're seeing right now. His current performances are still in the outlier category, for now

and yes he was dogshit there's no other ways to put it

Theyve already started shitting on Guhle.

Very weird as hes consistently the best hab on the ice with Nick, whos also seeing hate.
idk how you can look at Guhle and go yeah this guy is a problem on this team right now

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Debatable.
Ya he was dogshit for a good 60 games, lets not rewrite history.

It never meant hed bust, as weve said a thousand times, it just meant he was shit.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
didn't know you knew me that well, do I have to pay rent to live in your head like that?
I don't need to know…you’re bitter about a player on a team, I presume you cheer for, doing better.

I know how I feel thank you very much ;) i've turned the corner on players before when they actually showed potential or growth over a more reasonable period of time than what we're seeing right now. His current performances are still in the outlier category, for now
His current performance isn't an outlier, it's pretty steady growth that's typical for most players.

Just because he didn't do it fast enough for you or on YOUR timeline, doesn't mean it's an outlier.
and yes he was dogshit there's no other ways to put it
There's plenty of other ways to describe it.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The only people I've seen mention 90 pts for Slaf are those saying he will never get 90 pts.

There probably was some people throwing that number around and I missed it but it must've been like 5 people max.

I agree though, I don't see him getting 90 pts.

I can bet you that he has a higher number in mind as far as what he'll be capable in his best season(s).

Anyone claiming certainty that he will/won't be an elite point producer in the NHL is equally out to lunch.

What we can say, definitively, is that Slaf at mid-way of his D2 season has more NHL goals, points, games played & ppg than Kucherov did at the end of his D2.

It wasn't the talent in place at 19 that made Kuch the dominant scorer/Hart candidate he's become, it's what he did year in year out to keep refining it...

Slaf's ceiling is higher than some of you seem to believe. Wether or not he reaches it is far from a foregone conclusion

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
People continue to overlook Slaf's defensive abilities.
He's a shot blocking machine. I'd like to see him get some PK time in the next few games.
No. pk yields broken feet and pooped offensive players. Maaaaaybe the very elite with lungs of steel and thick shin pads.

unrelated - I’m reading the new debate revolving around “90pts? pfff yeah right” - I feel the bar got raised lol wow that went fast.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ya he was dogshit for a good 60 games, lets not rewrite history.
There's no rewriting history…saying “dogshit” isn't accurately writing that history either.

It's using histrionics and hyperbole for effect.

It never meant hed bust, as weve said a thousand times, it just meant he was shit.
Speaking of not rewriting history (and i‘m NOT talking about you)

But for having personally participated in a lot of these discussions, that's a pretty funny statement to write, if not a bold one.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I don't need to know…you’re bitter about a player on a team, I presume you cheer for, doing better.

His current performance isn't an outlier, it's pretty steady growth that's typical for most players.

Just because he didn't do it fast enough for you or on YOUR timeline, doesn't mean it's an outlier.

There's plenty of other ways to describe it.
I don't think you understand the concept of an outlier but it's ok

you sound like mrb1p about KK at the beginning of the year (giving you ammos to make fun of him here)

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
This guy will NEVER score 90 points in the NHL jesus christ y'all need to be kept in check by @Mrb1p and I, you run wild when we're not around

1705597706773.png

• Haha
Reactions: ElQuebecois

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There's no rewriting history…saying “dogshit” isn't accurately writing that history either.

It's using histrionics and hyperbole for effect.

Speaking of not rewriting history (and i‘m NOT talking about you)

But for having personally participated in a lot of these discussions, that's a pretty funny statement to write, if not a bold one.
He was dogshit, like bottom 1% of NHL players for a good bit of his first 60ish games, blame it on Anderson if you want, that didnt help, but he was. He had stretches of multiple games without even landing a shot on net, like come on.

I cant control what others say.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
He was dogshit, like bottom 1% of NHL players for a good bit of his first 60ish games, blame it on Anderson if you want, that didnt help, but he was. He had stretches of multiple games without even landing a shot on net, like come on.

He was bad.

Agreed.

He looks better lately though.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think you understand the concept of an outlier but it's ok
Yeah, that must be it.
you sound like mrb1p about KK at the beginning of the year (giving you ammos to make fun of him here)
Me and @Mrb1p couldn't be more different, he’ll vouch for that on my behalf lol.

For the record, I had a lot of back and forth in this thread with some folks, don't recall having one with you.

So either way, we good lol

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Yeah, that must be it.

Me and @Mrb1p couldn't be more different, he’ll vouch for that on my behalf lol.

For the record, I had a lot of back and forth in this thread with some folks, don't recall having one with you.

So either way, we good lol

you wanna back and forth with me? :oops:

Miles better, Id say hes been our 2nd best forward for a stretch now. Not 90 points good, but hes been good.
just to make things interesting, if people were allowed to blame Anderson for making him look like shit, I guess we could also say he's getting carried by Nick

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I thought he looked good in the early stages of last year. He played with a bull in a China shop mentality and was a disruptive force on the forcheck. It didn't last long though whether he started to feel a lingering physical issue or whatever else.

But his game has visibly changed today compared to the guy who just started to get his feet wet. I wonder if someone got in his ear at some point to change his style or if he just personally had a hard time trying to define the type of player he will be in this league. I still think he's trying to find himself in that sense but the difference is that he's finding some offensive success in the process now.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I thought he looked good in the early stages of last year. He played with a bull in a China shop mentality and was a disruptive force on the forcheck. It didn't last long though whether he started to feel a lingering physical issue or whatever else.

But his game has visibly changed today compared to the guy who just started to get his feet wet. I wonder if someone got in his ear at some point to change his style or if he just personally had a hard time trying to define the type of player he will be in this league. I still think he's trying to find himself in that sense but the difference is that he's finding some offensive success in the process now.
He has sick tools.

It’s like a noob spawned in a shooter with a rocket launcher. Every trick they would learn has a visible output (flanking, stealth, cover, circle—straffing…).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad