Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Where would you prefer Slaf spend his 23-24 season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Slafkovsky:

10 points in last 15 games, with loads of missed opportunities to add more points.

Would expecting that as the baseline for next season be that far-fetched with an actual second line and a stronger third line, plus maybe a 3rd pairing of Xhekaj-Mailloux?

I'm not even considering that Hughes could add an NHL-ready upgrade for the top-6 this offseason, or that our own first round pick could still end up being Clebrini! ;)

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkosvksy
Newhook-Dach-Anderson
Heineman-Beck-Roy (kid line)
Armia-Evans-Gallagher (veteran line)

Slafkovsky's recent 15-game PPG percentage of .667 would make for a 55-point season next year.

After that, nobody knows how high his production could go?

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
Juraj Slafkovsky - Year Two?

Can't wait to see:

Juraj Slafkovsky -Year Five!

Slafkovsky:

10 points in last 15 games, with loads of missed opportunities to add more points.

Would expecting that as the baseline for next season be that far-fetched with an actual second line and a stronger third line, plus maybe a 3rd pairing of Xhekaj-Mailloux?

I'm not even considering that Hughes could add an NHL-ready upgrade for the top-6 this offseason, or that our own first round pick could still end up being Clebrini! ;)

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkosvksy
Newhook-Dach-Anderson
Heineman-Beck-Roy (kid line)
Armia-Evans-Gallagher (veteran line)

Slafkovsky's recent 15-game PPG percentage of .667 would make for a 55-point season next year.

After that, nobody knows how high his production could go?
I know it's cliche. But the sky truly is the limit. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, It wouldn't shock me if he reaches 90pts. Like 35 goals, 55 assists. It's hard for me not to feel so optimistic because he's only 19 and has been dominating in all 3 zones and vs the best lines of the other team. Nice breakdown btw.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Knowing Habs fans, not for long. We're going to shove him down the main boards throat very soon

You ever see a moose in the wild? They look like a dinosaur or something. Just bizarre looking beasts
Yeah I live in Baie-st-Paul in Charlevoix.

Lots of mountains and a lot of nature !

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I know it's cliche. But the sky truly is the limit. Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, It wouldn't shock me if he reaches 90pts. Like 35 goals, 55 assists. It's hard for me not to feel so optimistic because he's only 19 and has been dominating in all 3 zones and vs the best lines of the other team. Nice breakdown btw.
He has excellent vision and decisiveness when it comes to passing. The jury is still out on his goal scoring ceiling but 45-55 assists could be had with his talent/style

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Knowing Habs fans, not for long. We're going to shove him down the main boards throat very soon

You ever see a moose in the wild? They look like a dinosaur or something. Just bizarre looking beasts
A benefit in disguise for his early stats woes is that it’s hard to flex on the main board. Habs fans are forced to be cautious before stuffing him down everyone’s throat.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I have been mocked for that but Slafkovsky is sincerely experimenting parabolic, exponential growth.

Just like in his draft year. It's the kind of person/player he is.

It's one of the reason they passed on Wright. The guy's progression simply stalled while Slaf kept getting better and better.

Sky truly is the limit with Slaf and the future will most likely be super exciting. We might have picked first overall in a down year at the top but every team craves a Slafkovsky and we got one.

Last edited:

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
A benefit in disguise for his early stats woes is that it’s hard to flex on the main board. Habs fans are forced to be cautious before stuffing him down everyone’s throat.
I understand why many feel this way. I don't and never will. I'll never start a thread on the main boards because it's often a cesspool of trolls who hate us and our team. But I'll NEVER refrain from posting to defend our players and team with objective praise and NEVER pick my spots. They can kiss my ass.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
He has excellent vision and decisiveness when it comes to passing. The jury is still out on his goal scoring ceiling but 45-55 assists could be had with his talent/style
I hear ya. If we're talking ceiling in the true sense of the word. I can see a career high of 35 via 15pp goals (should be able to get 10 of those alone parked at the goalies doorstep) and can't see any reason he can't reach 20 even strength. Especially as he improves his shot.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Some food for thought....

First 82 games of their career.

Jack had 3 more goals and 8 more points. 2 of those goals were PP goals, how many PP apples did Jack have?

Crazy amount more shots on goal for Jack. Jack had more than 2 minutes of ice time per game more.

Slaf impacts the game in other ways (ie. blocked shots and hits)

Jack is a special player, and a different position. But exponential growth is something that is real and can occur year over year.

Let us pray that Slaf's development on the offensive side of the puck in the next 82 and subsequent 82 mirrors Jack's.
Thanks for this. Yeah like not all superstars come in producing like superstars. That really shouldn't be news.

I'm not guaranteeing that he's a PPG+ in his prime but it's certainly not outrageous that he'd be in that ballpark.

The only reason I can see people thinking that he'd max out at 50-60 is that he's a Hab and a large portion of our fan base suffers from the same feeling that the Nam vet in Springsteen's Born in the USA experiences --'Feel like a dog that's been beat too much...'

Last edited:

V13

Score First , Grind Hard , No Mercy
Sep 21, 2005
It's absolutely important. Its just worthless without talent.

Indeed. I often come back to the early 2000's Rangers aka ''The Country Club'' as an exemple. On paper they had a team to be a contender with the Leetch , Lindros , Jagr , Kovalev , Holik etc but ended up sucking because practices were optional , room had character issues , guys were half assing it etc.

Talent is very important but team chemistry , cohesion , character and having good leaders is also a big part of the equation

Reactions: morhilane

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
This thread and the Caufield thread is full of crow. Watch Guhle be the next one to get that treatment.

i'll accept getting called out for my shitting on Slaf (I still think he's mid) and Caufield (i'm frustrated with his play, not just his production)

but i'd NEVER shit on my baby boy Guhle he's my son my boy my one true love

Reactions: Goalfield13

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Also funny when our 1st overall scores twice bringing him up to 6 goals past the halfway point of the season and people in here go "hmmm the haters don't have much to talk about anymore hehe 😎"

Eat the crumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad