Confirmed with Link: Juraj Slafkovsky re-signs with the Canadiens 8 x $7.6M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
In the 32-33 season, Juraj Slafkosvky will still be getting paid 7.6$M, which is only 1.1$M more than Brendan gallagher was costing against our cap in 21-22.

bo-burnham-gif.889158

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Good bet of a contract and I don't think it's a coincidence that the announcement coincides with an otherwise inactive July 1st.

It will take the spotlight away from not making any big ufa signing which probably would have been a mistake regardless.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Bombshell11

Jul 21, 2022
If Slaf isn't worth this contract, our rebuild is screwed. Very worthwhile gamble.

Well at least we have Demidov coming up who's going to be eligible for a big Contract in 4 years...
but yeah i agree a contract like that makes no sense...

Its like management changed stance since Subban, they've never low balled any one since then...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
2nd best. Edmonton did re-sign Corey Perry and guarantee itself another stanley cup finals next year.
If Perry revisits a team they are eliminated in the first rounds.

Dallas, new team, finals, lost
Habs, new team, finals, lost
Tampa, new team, finals, lost
Tampa, same team, first round exit.
Chicago, contract terminated, Edmonton, new team, finals, lost.
Edmonton, same team, will be a first round exit.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I’m fine with it. It’s this managements choice to make bets on guys, and that’s fine. It worked for Suzuki, so hopefully Caufield and Slaf take upwards trajectories as well.

It’s obvious management has identified our core and will build around who they’ve identified.

Reactions: Redux91 and TCIH

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Well at least we have Demidov coming up who's going to be eligible for a big Contract in 4 years...
but yeah i agree a contract like that makes no sense...

Its like management changed stance since Subban, they've never low balled any one since then...

Uh duh... Management changed since then. And low balling Subban was one of the dumbest idea anyone ever had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad