Confirmed with Link: Juraj Slafkovsky re-signs with the Canadiens 8 x $7.6M

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Slafkovsky Suzuki and Caufield taking on these contracts will have a ripple effect on every future contract for the next 3-5 years.

Now, we just have to wait/find a way to move off the bad contracts handed out by Bergevin. We will soon be back to competing for the cup, we just need to be a little more patient.

Reactions: Takeru

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Massive contract for a player who has only had half of a good season, but bets like that, if they pan out, can be critical components for a contending team. Good luck to him.

Hopefully we'll be signing Demidov to one of these in about three years.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Nine more years for the Slafsquatch to terrorize the rest of the NHL. It's a risk, sure, but if Slaf shows that the 2nd half was no fluke then the cost would have gone way up. Good work by HuGo.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
There’s actually very little risk for the Habs here.

First of all, Slafkovsky is a true professional and he’s extremely passionate. Not the type of character to rest on his laurels at all.

Second of all, his captain and wingman Caufield 100% love the guy and went to bat for him to play on their line. They are invested in his success and development, they understand that if he succeeds the team succeeds.

Lastly, the coach and staff also fully believe in him.

We’ve seen what he accomplished this season once everyone believed in him, he was outright dominant physically out there.

We’re going to be laughing at how underpaid he is in as little as 2 seasons.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
hughes is god

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif
slafkovsky-habs.gif

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
With the cap on a steady incline, even if Slaf tops out as a 60 point forward with size then that's still going to be a solid deal.

Our cap structure is looking fantastic going forward. The only 2 guys in the pipeline that I could see commanding more than 8 million at some point would be Demidov and Hutson.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I hope he can fulfill that potential. He certainly has the drive…
I don't think they gave him this money on ability alone , they must really like his character as well , I feel like this contract is even less riskier for us than the Suzuki one honestly considering this guys character + work ethic.....scary stuff

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There’s actually very little risk for the Habs here.

First of all, Slafkovsky is a true professional and he’s extremely passionate. Not the type of character to rest of his laurels at all.

Second of all, his captain and wingman Caufield 100% love the guy and went to bat for him to play on their line. They are invested in his success and development, they understand that if he succeeds the team succeeds.

Lastly, the coach and staff also fully believe in him.

We’ve see he accomplished this season once everyone believed in him, he was outright dominant physically out there.

We’re going to be laughing at how underpaid he is in as little as 2 seasons.
Hope your right

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
This reminds me a lot of the Jack Hughes extension where the team is trying to lock in a future star early to save some value later on. I'm a fan of this signing for the same reasons I liked the Hughes contract, anyone who's really followed Slaf knows the potential he has and it won't be long until he's worth this much especially with the cap rising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad