GDT: July 1 - Free Agent Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 262271

You may be right, but the point stands that I think we can trade for Landeskog without including the Big 3.

You could be right as well, I couldn't agree or disagree, just don't know really.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
oh we're done.

great.
giphy.gif

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So we got the depth pieces we needed, guess we will focus on getting a top 4 defenseman now.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to John Shannon of Rogers Sportsnet, Patrick Marleau wants a 3-year contract.

Should the Toronto Maple Leafs sign Patrick Marleau to a 3-year contract?

In my opinion, if Patrick Marleau is asking for a 3-year contract, the Toronto Maple Leafs would be wise to move on from him and try to sign another player who is asking for more reasonable terms and dollars.

Last edited:

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I like how the leafs handled today.

A couple of veteran depth players on short contracts. Good complimentary pieces for our youngsters. I didn't want any of the big name free agents, especially at the prices they were going for.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
According to John Shannon of Rogers Sportsnet, Patrick Marleau wants a 3-year contract.

Should the Toronto Maple Leafs sign Patrick Marleau to a 3-year contract.

In my opinion, if Patrick Marleau is asking for a 3-year contract, the Toronto Maple Leafs would be wise to move on from him and try to sign another player who is asking for more reasonable terms and dollars.

Yeah, it's gotta be 1 or 2 years max. If we intend to deal one of Bozak or JVR upon his signing, then you can bloat the dollar value a little to try and off-set the lack of term. But no way should we consider 3 years at this point for anyone we don't consider a core player moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad