GDT: July 1 - Free Agent Day

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
When the dust settles, I think we'll end up with Colin Miller from Vegas as was rumored a couple weeks back.

Carrick + 6th for Colin Miller.

Resign Roman Polak 1yr/1mill deal.

Rielly-Miller
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Polak

It's what I see happening

If that's our defense is see a lot of losses

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This talk about trading for Duchene/Landeskog.. Sakic would want one of the big three at the rate he's going. No thanks.

I think Landeskog can be done without including the big 3. But again, it would still have to be a massive payment from our end. I suggested this a couple pages back.

C. Brown + Kapanen + Dermott for Landeskog

-We get to keep our Big 3 intact
-Still have young talent/options waiting in the wings (Leivo/Sosh/Rychel/Liljegren/Nielson/Valiev/etc..)
-Add a 24yr old skilled power forward who fits our age group/core moving forward

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think Landeskog can be done without including the big 3. But again, it would still have to be a massive payment from our end. I suggested this a couple pages back.

C. Brown + Kapanen + Dermott for Landeskog

-We get to keep our Big 3 intact
-Still have young talent/options waiting in the wings (Leivo/Sosh/Rychel/Liljegren/Nielson/Valiev/etc..)
-Add a 24yr old skilled power forward who fits our age group/core moving forward

That's a big gamble you are taking, despite the fact how good Landeskog is

Brown, Dermott, and Kappy are very young and you do not know what they can turn in to in few years

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If that's our defense is see a lot of losses

Its not ideal, but it's most likely our best bet after everything settles. Lou definitely aimed higher but probably couldn't find the perfect trade (ex: Hamonic).

But honestly though, is it really much worse than last year? Colin Miller is slightly better than Carrick. Hainsey may be slightly better than Hunwick.

Somehow we managed to make the playoffs last yr with our defense, I dont see how we cant again with Miller and Hainsey replacing Carrick and Hunwick

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
can't he be a winger and still take faceoffs?
also I'd think Bergeron would have him beat, yah?

Over the course of their careers 100% yup, but Duchene was the best faceoff centre this season at 62.6%, with Bergeron at 60.1%. In 15/16 Duchene was at 57.9%, Bergeron at 57.1%. He'd be a centre for sure if he was here, likely at the expense of Bozak.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
That's a big gamble you are taking, despite the fact how good Landeskog is

Brown, Dermott, and Kappy are very young and you do not know what they can turn in to in few years

Yes its a risk, but I think this is a risk worth taking, mianly due to Landekogs age.

If Landy was 28yrs old+, I wouldve said no. But being 24 yrd old and potentialy being such a great fit besides Mathews, I would take it. But thats just me

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
ames Mirtleâ€ÂVerified account
@mirtle
Following
More
Leafs bring back Colin Greening. My guess is he'll be the Marlies captain.

Last edited:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
rather not have Marleau, our wing depth is fine, we need D and a centre to replace Bozak.

He allows us to trade JVR without losing the scoring and get a valuable asset in the process. Otherwise we likely keep JVR and have nothing to show for him when is contract is up.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
He allows us to trade JVR without losing the scoring and get a valuable asset in the process. Otherwise we likely keep JVR and have nothing to show for him when is contract is up.

I think the franchise is ready toove beyond and replace JVR, given how terrible he was in the playoffs this past year. Marleau takes his place, and you redeem the expiring asset for something the team needs.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Its not ideal, but it's most likely our best bet after everything settles. Lou definitely aimed higher but probably couldn't find the perfect trade (ex: Hamonic).

But honestly though, is it really much worse than last year? Colin Miller is slightly better than Carrick. Hainsey may be slightly better than Hunwick.

Somehow we managed to make the playoffs last yr with our defense, I dont see how we cant again with Miller and Hainsey replacing Carrick and Hunwick

Miller is even less equipped to play alongside Rielly than Carrick is
He's been sheltered to the enth degree

Rielly Hainsey
Gardiner Zaitsev
Dermott/Rosen/Marincin Carrick

That's what I think the defense is going to look like

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Greg Wyshynskiâ€ÂVerified account @wyshynski 3m3 minutes ago
More
Leafs sign Cliegg Lars for 1 year at $850K

Leafs sign Zam Wesell, 2 years at 750k

That's an awful lot for a moisture farmer and a space assassin :sarcasm:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Pittsburgh signs our old friend Mr. McKegg!

FG5cqf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad