Proposal: JT Miller to the Rangers for futures (proposal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
complete non sequitur

trouba goes nowhere this season
he is gone for sure season after next, we control that
he decides if he will wait til the last minute
or go earlier in that last season
or help us out by exiting some pt next season

we can't force him
but we can provide indirect $$ incentives now for his wife's career
and also
post career incentives for him
to do us a solid and move sooner than later
including bending over backwards to see we send him to some place he likes

as opposed to he does us no favors
and when we control that he can be moved,
we ship his ass out with minimal regard to his preference

1. no one is dissing DET
2. your 1st is too high, so that adjustment, which applies to Red Wings, is not across the board league wide
3. RS only being moved b'c of cap. Value of Strome today, without retention, full pop, is a 2nd w/signif + or a late 1st, coke and pepsi. Value with retention is ballpark 20OA somewhere around mid 1st w/small NY add.
4. One view, NY is doing a solid by taking later currency [risking DET will still be rebuilding, not a given] as opposed to something now. Hence taking Hajek off our hands for a low pick is not such a big deal.
5. Other vierw, GMs do stuff like this all the time. It is not a big deal.
6. While I agree that DET has emerging D picture, similar to NY but on reduced scale and timetable, I don't agree Hajek is useless to you as a depth stopgap in that picture.
He has the physical qualifications and experience.
NY has screwed him up and his reaction time is subpar.
On a cheap contract expiring, who you are not married to and can prob get for min on 2 way next season, he is a good buy low risk

Oh boy, sign me up for a D with subpar hockey IQ. If you don't remember.. we deal guys like that to you (Brendan Smith), not the other way around.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Schneider is the guy I’d like… doesn’t sound like rangers are too inclined moving him. So don’t think there’s a deal to be had between the 2 clubs.

We understand why you would like Schneider. The Rangers and the fans LOVE Schneider and what his future holds.

Trouba has been AMAZING so far and we hope that Schneider comes close to what Trouba currently is at a significant discount.

This offer would definitely get laughed at by Vancouver fans but it’s more because of how much we like Schneider.

I would do this trade which Vancouver definitely wouldn’t. It all depends how much you love Schneider.

Van trade:

Miller @ 50% for 1 1/2 years.
1st round Pick

Rangers trade:

Scneider
Kravtsov

Vancouver gets two players that are close to playing in the NHL. Both players are high level prospects. Kravtsov is not a problem if you’re guaranteeing him NHL ice time.

The first for Vancouver will be a decent pick but that player would be like 4 years away from making an impact.

I would hope that the Rangers would be using that pick for a Centerman of the future.

Miller helps playoff chances for this and next year.

I would also like to add that If Vancouver trades Miller. It is mostly for a 1st round pick or a B level type prospect. They will not get anyone as good as Schneider.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
We understand why you would like Schneider. The Rangers and the fans LOVE Schneider and what his future holds.

Trouba has been AMAZING so far and we hope that Schneider comes close to what Trouba currently is at a significant discount.

This offer would definitely get laughed at by Vancouver fans but it’s more because of how much we like Schneider.

I would do this trade which Vancouver definitely wouldn’t. It all depends how much you love Schneider.

Van trade:

1st round Pick

Rangers trade:

Scneider
Kravtsov

Vancouver gets two players that are close to playing in the NHL. Both players are high level prospects. Kravtsov is not a problem if you’re guaranteeing him NHL ice time.

The first for Vancouver will be a decent pick but that player would be like 4 years away from making an impact.

I would hope that the Rangers would be using that pick for a Centerman of the future.

I would also like to add that If Vancouver trades Miller. It is mostly for a 1st round pick or a B level type prospect. They will not get anyone as good as Schneider.
Yeah theres definitely no trade to be made between these 2 teams lmao.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site

Van trade:

1st round Pick

Rangers trade:

Scneider
Kravtsov

Zero chance we attach a 1st. That is crazy! Miller alone got a 1st + 3rd and depth/ahl goalie. Not to mention you want us to absorb 50%, c’Mon man!

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Zero chance we attach a 1st. That is crazy! Miller alone got a 1st + 3rd and depth/ahl goalie. Not to mention you want us to absorb 50%, c’Mon man!

Yes, I get it. It goes back to the point of how good you think Schneider is. Like most have said, Rangers are not trading top pieces for a run.

The next question is what other team would be interested in Miller? What package would they give up? A 1st which is 4 years away and an average prospect?

That doesn’t really help Vancouver who wants to get better NOW. Not 3 years from now.

Why is Vancouver even shopping Miller? Why not just keep him?

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Yes, I get it. It goes back to the point of how good you think Schneider is. Like most have said, Rangers are not trading top pieces for a run.

The next question is what other team would be interested in Miller? What package would they give up? A 1st which is 4 years away and an average prospect?

That doesn’t really help Vancouver who wants to get better NOW. Not 3 years from now.

We are shopping him a) because he is nearly at peak value (arguably our best player aside from Demko); b) we need a top 4 RHD (our biggest hole/weakness; c) we have our doubts he will resign with us and we are not a playoff team this season (ie could be a really good piece for a team that wants to compete and contend now).

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019

I don't believe that a first round pick prospect is always 4 years away from playing in the NHL after drafted. Most of them, if they're any good, will take at most 1 or 2 years.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I don't believe that a first round pick prospect is always 4 years away from playing in the NHL after drafted. Most of them, if they're any good, will take at most 1 or 2 years.

I disagree. When you try to play them in the NHL too soon. You have so many people that are impatient when they don’t see results that you like. They complain or say the player has lost value already (ex. Kakko and Laf).

It’s like 1 out of 100 if you get results like Raymond.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
I disagree. When you try to play them in the NHL too soon. You have so many people that are impatient when they don’t see results that you like. They complain or say the player has lost value already (ex. Kakko and Laf).

I get what you're trying to say, but most of the blue chip prospects are usually left in the minors for their D+1 and if they've played good enough they normally make the NHL in their D+2. But again, not every prospect is the same.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Van trade:

1st round Pick

Rangers trade:

Scneider
Kravtsov

pls stop trading blue chips for vets we can't afford

who else interested in Miller is not relevant for NYR since we can't afford him

also, JT grew up a Pens fan I believe -- he is from that area of PA methinks

w/aging pivots no reason to think Pens don't sign him up first chance and anybody paying for 1/5 yrs of Mil should beware

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Usually a top trade deadline talent (upcoming FA) is a 1st round pick.

You are not trading a player like Schneider.
Miller is signed for another season at a great number. It would cost Schneider. Obviously you'd have to feel out whether he would be willing to sign long term but it would be a fair deal if Miller says he would.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Miller is signed for another season at a great number. It would cost Schneider. Obviously you'd have to feel out whether he would be willing to sign long term but it would be a fair deal if Miller says he would.

pt is moot
we want blue chip youth which is working out now w/upside potential for further development

do not want to add costly vets we can't afford

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Van trade:

1st round Pick

Rangers trade:

Scneider
Kravtsov

What the actual f*** is this???

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Lol. Canucks had Horvat, EP, Hoglander, Hughes contributing as full time NHLers 1 year after getting drafted. Boeser and Pod 2 years after getting drafted.

Reactions: Nightrain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad