Proposal: JT Miller to the Rangers for futures (proposal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
JT Miller once again getting criminally underrated with all these replies. Is it a bit much? Absolutely. But there will be a massive bidding war for Miller with two years on his contract remaining.

Schneider
1st
Chytil

for

JT Miller @50%
Tyler Motte

That's a bit more fair. Miller should stay in Vancouver though. We have the core just need to fix the God Awful defense besides Hughes and OEL

Reactions: zcaptain

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Well, the Ranger have the best winning percentage in the league and the 5th most points, and are legitimate
Cup contenders (Congrats to them) IMO, JT Miller gives even a better chance of winning. He is the Canucks
emotional and point leader. He plays all 3 forward positions, and does not lose a beat, at any of them. He is not the same player he was in Tampa, or when he was first a Ranger. He does fit our rebuild or Cap situation.

JT Miller has this and next season signed at $5,250,000......2 runs at the cup.............for the Rangers

I propose a 3 deal, where Vancouver carries 50% = $2,625,000
a 2nd team carries 50% of the remaining $$2,625,000 = $1,312,500
and the Rangers get Miller for $1,312,500 for 2 years

Proposal (At TDL)

Vancouver trades JT Miller @ 50% to NY Rangers for Schneider, NYR 2022-1st (32OA), and Chytil/Othmann

Thats a quick NO from the Rangers.

I mean, real quick No

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hey Guys!

Send me a Counter proposal

But take into consideration 2 things.............

Miller is the best of my examples

and

his salary is cut by 3/4's which gives you a premium player at an entry level price

But give me a Realistic Counter Proposal

My counter proposal is for Vancouver to find another team to trade Miller to.

More than happy going for a Reilly Smith from VGK when the cap crunch arrives and do nothing until then.

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
He was basically a throw in with McDonagh. Sucks to try and spend assets on a guy you didn't want to begin with.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
JT Miller once again getting criminally underrated with all these replies. Is it a bit much? Absolutely. But there will be a massive bidding war for Miller with two years on his contract remaining.

Schneider
1st
Chytil

for

JT Miller @50%
Tyler Motte

That's a bit more fair. Miller should stay in Vancouver though. We have the core just need to fix the God Awful defense besides Hughes and OEL

I can say this with the utmost confidence.

the Rangers are not trading Schneider. Full Stop.

The way they are playing right now, he fits like a glove and will be a cornerstone for YEARS.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Eichel had 5 year on his contract. Vegas should get 4 seasons and a playoff run this year. JT Miller has 1.5 seasons. So he is actually worth a lot less than Eichel.

I get that you view Eichel based on the presumption that he'll be healthy after his herniated disc is healed, that he wouldn't be worse as a player and that he may take off McDavid-style once he's back and integrated into VGK, but Miller's not chopped liver (though I bet he left a bad taste in your team while he was there as a 3rd liner) and more importantly, contract length has never been a basis for determining someone's worth. What's more, there's a great possibility that he re-signs with whoever acquires him for less than what Eichel's making, so it's also important to factor in the surplus of cap space that the team would have with Miller, where it would not exist on VGK with Eichel. So no, years left does not make JT "worth a lot less than Eichel".

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Schneider
1st
Chytil

for

JT Miller @50%
Tyler Motte

That seems like a ridiculous overpayment...

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
We have plenty of reason to trade him...

Coach calls Miller the "barometer in the room", someone who's clearly in touch with things and a leader. We can have reasons to trade him (e.g. for the right quality of return), but until then he stays.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Bruce loves the guy, Odds he gets traded are getting slighter every game.
That being said, Green also loved the guy obviously, He has been the best Canucks forward this year by a mile

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Schneider + Chytil is a solid foundation for a guy like Miller. Chytil is a young replacement for the 3C position and we'd be throwing the rest of Miller's value on the hope that Schneider works out. But yeah, I don't see Miller getting traded anymore.

Reactions: Ninjadude

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
He’s 28….there’s zero reason to trade him. Rebuild the defense a different way but don’t touch Petey, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, Hog, Podkolzin, Garland. Trade Pearson, Motte etc at the deadline for picks and stay the course
He’s going to be a UFA in a couple years and will want a big contract. He has more value to a contender than to us, and the assets we could get for him in a trade have more value to us than contenders. He is our best opportunity to fills the giant holes on our team.

Reactions: Ninjadude

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Schneider + Chytil is a solid foundation for a guy like Miller. Chytil is a young replacement for the 3C position and we'd be throwing the rest of Miller's value on the hope that Schneider works out. But yeah, I don't see Miller getting traded anymore.
I’d retain 50% on Miller if it meant we could get those two.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Van signing this guy long term is what likely should happen...Trying to replace him will be difficult

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I’d retain 50% on Miller if it meant we could get those two.
If this team is a playoff contender next year, you can forget about a Miller trade unless a similar roster player is offered. Canucks wont rebuild again, trading Miller will hurt them more

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Because they don't know how to value players.
Miller goes to market to market and a deal like Schneider, Chytil, 2nd is the minimum value. Add retention and the 2nd is a 1st, add dbl retention and a 2nd gets added.
It doesn't matter if Rangers fans like it or not, but that is fair value. If the Rangers GM doesn't want to pay, feel free to go dumpster diving.

we are happy to keep our blue chip elcs and not creating a cap prob for next year

Also, we don't need to go dumpster diving.
We have Barron + Krav when he gets here.

We need to find someone who will pay fair value for Strome, b'c we can't afford him and losing him for nothing via self rental is not acceptable

plenty of cap this year. next year i don't see how they retain strome and miller could slot into his spot - they can make space for a 2.6m player.

I think Krav is done with the organization. other thread people are offering a 2nd - i'd rather move him for someone like Miller who could make this team even better.

That said i'm happy to sit tight - team is rolling. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. am just concerned for any big injury to the top 6- don't really have depth to address it at the NHL level

\pls recheck the math
we can't afford either, let alone both

Schneider
1st
Chytil

for

JT Miller @50%
Tyler Motte

Miller can stay or go, just can't come to NYR

You keep asking and we keep rejecting
How reasonable the ask is, is totally subordinate to that currency not available.
And again, not a cap fit.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
we are happy to keep our blue chip elcs and not creating a cap prob for next year

Also, we don't need to go dumpster diving.
We have Barron + Krav when he gets here.

We need to find someone who will pay fair value for Strome, b'c we can't afford him and losing him for nothing via self rental is not acceptable

\pls recheck the math
we can't afford either, let alone both

Miller can stay or go, just can't come to NYR

You keep asking and we keep rejecting
How reasonable the ask is, is totally subordinate to that currency not available.
And again, not a cap fit.
Nothing says "We want playoffs and a chance at the cup" more than trading a top 6 guy for futures because his contract is up...

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nothing says "We want playoffs and a chance at the cup" more than trading a top 6 guy for futures because his contract is up...

Nothing except why don't' we build a bit more and then have enough assets to dominate from a place of surplus and strength.

As opposed to those who gamble on win now -- foolishly.

If DET gives a 3rd this yr and a future 2nd for Strome, and also does us a favor by giving us a 6th for Hajek so we can create both roster and cap space, we should do THAT and promote Barron

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Nothing except why don't' we build a bit more and then have enough assets to dominate from a place of surplus and strength.

As opposed to those who gamble on win now -- foolishly.

If DET gives a 3rd this yr and a future 2nd for Strome, and also does us a favor by giving us a 6th for Hajek so we can create both roster and cap space, we should do THAT and promote Barron
Why would Detroit give you anything for Strome? Name a GM in a playoff position, or on the bubble, that ever says "Screw it, there's always next year"?
Name and owner that would accept that kind of mentality. Name a player that is ok with his GM saying "You're not good enough, let's try again in 3 years"

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Considering the contract he would fetch a solid return. However, I’m not sure any NY fan wants JT for that price. His play was so inconsistent with us and Tampa. Now he’s upset in Van. Just too much risk if Van would really be looking for a roster player, prospect and 1st round pick.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
i think a 1st and Schneider is fair for Miller. where does schneider go for you? Trouba, Fox, Lund ...RD is pretty crowded

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad