Proposal: JT Miller to the Rangers for futures (proposal)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Well, the Ranger have the best winning percentage in the league and the 5th most points, and are legitimate
Cup contenders (Congrats to them) IMO, JT Miller gives even a better chance of winning. He is the Canucks
emotional and point leader. He plays all 3 forward positions, and does not lose a beat, at any of them. He is not the same player he was in Tampa, or when he was first a Ranger. He does fit our rebuild or Cap situation.

JT Miller has this and next season signed at $5,250,000......2 runs at the cup.............for the Rangers

I propose a 3 deal, where Vancouver carries 50% = $2,625,000
a 2nd team carries 50% of the remaining $$2,625,000 = $1,312,500
and the Rangers get Miller for $1,312,500 for 2 years

Proposal (At TDL)

Vancouver trades JT Miller @ 50% to NY Rangers for Schneider, NYR 2022-1st (32OA), and Chytil/Othmann

New York Rangers trade 2022-2nd (STL) to Arizona for assistance in retention of Miller contract

JT MILLER TO NY RANGERS FOR $1,312,500 cap hit per year

Reactions: fm and Nucks2477

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well, the Ranger have the best winning percentage in the league and the 5th most points, and are legitimate
Cup contenders (Congrats to them) IMO, JT Miller gives even a better chance of winning. He is the Canucks
emotional and point leader. He plays all 3 forward positions, and does not lose a beat, at any of them. He is not the same player he was in Tampa, or when he was first a Ranger. He does fit our rebuild or Cap situation.

JT Miller has this and next season signed at $5,250,000......2 runs at the cup.............for the Rangers

Proposal (At TDL)

Vancouver trades JT Miller @ 50% to NY Rangers for Schneider, NYR 2022-1st (32OA), and Chytil/Othmann

New York Rangers trade 2022-2nd (STL) to Arizona for assistance in retention of Miller contract

That’s a lot for Miller like 2 1sts and chytil. Is he really that much of a difference maker?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Proposal (At TDL)

That's an overpayment.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
I think Rangers fans need to get over there persistence on replacing Strome. He is probably going to resign there.

If they make a move its for RW or LD and there are way cheaper options out there.

Don't see them giving up that much on any trade.

Reactions: Barnaby

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Nick Foligno, eight months ago?

That’s not an equal comparison.

Perhaps I was too broad. I was blinded by the Rangers giving up the equivalent of 3 1st rounders plus a 2nd round pick for 2 years of Miller - who I like - but isn’t a great need.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
3 1st round assets and a 2nd for JT Miller? Yeah, no thanks. At that price, Horvat better be included.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Easy no for the Rangers. We need Schneider to eventually replace Trouba. Trouba has been great, but if Schneider can replace him, that saves us a lot of cap space. Other than that, too many assets for a player we already traded away once.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Terrible.

Rangers give up too many assets.

Who was the last guy retained 50% x2?

I don't know?????

Certainly Schneider is a solid 1st....no arguement
the 2022-1st is 32 OA (IMO).....I like your team it equals a early 2nd rounder
STL 2nd rounder is pretty much a 3rd rounder............you could change it to NYR's 2nd (64OA)?
Chytil/Othmann..............sure they equal a 1st

Maybe it is a little rich................

Counter proposal ??????????

Schneider is a must, and so is the 2022-1st..............what's the 3rd piece?

and / or we could add Motte, which you will now hear cries from Vancouver Fans about that suggestion

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don't know?????

Certainly Schneider is a solid 1st....no arguement
the 2022-1st is 32 OA (IMO).....I like your team it equals a early 2nd rounder
STL 2nd rounder is pretty much a 3rd rounder............you could change it to NYR's 2nd (64OA)?
Chytil/Othmann..............sure they equal a 1st

Maybe it is a little rich................

Counter proposal ??????????

Schneider is a must, and so is the 2022-1st..............what's the 3rd piece?

and / or we could add Motte, which you will now hear cries from Vancouver Fans about that suggestion

I really don’t have a counter. I don’t see the great fit that warrants anywhere near this package. I’m not looking to pay top dollar for Miller. I’d rather seek out a cheaper option at the deadline if there is a glaring hole.

Schneider is worth a mid 1st
Othmann is worth a mid 1st
2022 1st should be late but assuming it’s #32 is crazy
A 2nd rounder.
I didn’t even know that you also meant Chytil - thought you meant he or Othmann.

This is the type of offer you make for a true franchise 1C.

Reactions: UnSandvich

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
That’s a lot for Miller like 2 1sts and chytil. Is he really that much of a difference maker?

He is the 18th best center in points in the league. On a better team, he will see better matchups and more points...........

He plays PP and PK, and plays all 3 positions, and almost never with the same guys

He also never takes a shift off

I would like to see a respectful counter proposal, from those that object to the cost..............I get the price is rich

but those picks are late in every round, and have lesser value than early or mid round picks..........retaining 50% has value above the player

It might be a little rich, so lets see the counter proposal.......

But it starts with Schneider and the 1st..................what is the plus?

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Rangers are not legitimate cup contenders right now, too early to say that.

The value is terrible, that's like 3 1st round picks or more for JT Miller...he's good, not that good.

Rangers need a true bonafide maintenance-free kind of center, which JT Miller is not.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
He is the 18th best center in points in the league. On a better team, he will see better matchups and more points...........

He plays PP and PK, and plays all 3 positions, and almost never with the same guys

I would like to see a respectful counter proposal, from those that object to the cost..............I get the price is rich

but those picks are late in every round, and have lesser value than early or mid round picks..........retaining 50% has value above the player

It’s not “a little rich” ... it’s half of a rebuild.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I’m just high on Schneider when does a tdl deal bring back a team’s best prospect and a 1st?
A 1st and a lesser prospect completely fair.

Reactions: Daves a mess

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
- Sept 4, 2021 - Christian Dvorak for Mtl 2022-1st + Mtl 2024 -2nd (no retention)...........Dvorak score at 1/2 the PPG as Miller

- July 28, 2021 - Darcy Kuemper 1 million retained for Connor Timmons (2017-32 OA), 2022-1st and a 2024 - 3rd

-April 12, 2021 - Anthony Mantha for Jacob Varana (2014 13th OA), Richard Panik, 2021-1st (23 OA) and 2022-2nd.(Vrana 50 PPG player)

-Feb 16, 2020 - Blake Colman for Nolan Foote (2019-27 OA) and Vancouver's 2020 -1st (20th OA)

I did not look hard for these "Recent" trades....certainly not 1/3 of the value of my ask

Yes, Kuemper is a goalie so it isn't a great comparable...........................but????

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Hey Guys!

Send me a Counter proposal

But take into consideration 2 things.............

Miller is the best of my examples

and

his salary is cut by 3/4's which gives you a premium player at an entry level price

But give me a Realistic Counter Proposal

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
- Sept 4, 2021 - Christian Dvorak for Mtl 2022-1st + Mtl 2024 -2nd (no retention)...........Dvorak score at 1/2 the PPG as Miller

- July 28, 2021 - Darcy Kuemper 1 million retained for Connor Timmons (2017-32 OA), 2022-1st and a 2024 - 3rd

-April 12, 2021 - Anthony Mantha for Jacob Varana (2014 13th OA), Richard Panik, 2021-1st (23 OA) and 2022-2nd.(Vrana 50 PPG player)

-Feb 16, 2020 - Blake Colman for Nolan Foote (2019-27 OA) and Vancouver's 2020 -1st (20th OA)

I did not look hard for these "Recent" trades....certainly not 1/3 of the value of my ask

Yes, Kuemper is a goalie so it isn't a great comparable...........................but????

All of these are much less value and the teams giving up young assets have lost the deals. The only exception is Coleman but that’s not a great comparable.

I also don’t see one prospect as highly regarded as Schneider or Othmann which you have as an addition to a 1st, 2nd, and Chytil.

The Rangers don’t even need retention this year so they’re paying for 1 year of useful retention while shipping out 3 potential ELC’s. It’s brutal.

Last edited:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Hey Guys!

Send me a Counter proposal

But take into consideration 2 things.............

Miller is the best of my examples

and

his salary is cut by 3/4's which gives you a premium player at an entry level price

But give me a Realistic Counter Proposal

No one is making a counter offer because no Ranger fan is even mildly interested in paying anything near the stratosphere of what you’ve proposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad