Player Discussion Joshua Roy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
By the sounds of it Kapanen is going to be top 6. Gorton emphasized how impressed they were with him.
I think Heineman might get consideration. That line needs a shooter. He’s got the size and shot and can play a rough game. Maybe he hasn’t shown enough yet but I really think they’ll look at line makeup rather than sticking all the best guys on a line. I like Kapanen and Roy, but they’re all very different players. Don’t hate me, but I think Armia could fit in there as well. I know he gets some hate, but I could see it based on his second half play last year.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I think Heineman might get consideration. That line needs a shooter. He’s got the size and shot and can play a rough game. Maybe he hasn’t shown enough yet but I really think they’ll look at line makeup rather than sticking all the best guys on a line. I like Kapanen and Roy, but they’re all very different players. Don’t hate me, but I think Armia could fit in there as well. I know he gets some hate, but I could see it based on his second half play last year.
The only thing good about Armia on that line would be his ability to control the puck on the board. Not useless, but with a guy like Dach you need someone who can shoot the puck.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i think there is 3 options for the top 6 without Laine;

Anderson will probably gets the opportunity to play on the 2nd line. They will try to give him time and good line mates with the hope that he will find his game back.

Roy is a good fit because of his natural skills and his very good vision. I totally disagree with those who said that his camp was bad or that he wasn't implicated. He's a cerebral player, so his game is to analyse the play to predict what will happen instead of skating all directions. It isn't the first time that i see some fans from this forum that mix this kind of play style with lazy, un-implicated kind of players

Last option would be Kapanen because his good camp. ( he's also a good fit to play with Roy ) .

My ? concern is Newhook . Is he that good to pretend to be a top liner ? i am not sure. He seems to play a frisky game , trying to avoid any contact

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
The only thing good about Armia on that line would be his ability to control the puck on the board. Not useless, but with a guy like Dach you need someone who can shoot the puck.
True. He was on over a 20 goal pace last year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad