Prospect Info: Joshua Roy Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, but you could also let go of your initial stance after he has improved his defensive play and is performing at the AHL level, against adults, in a mored defensive league, like he was in Juniors.

I find that too many posters refuse to let their opinions evolve because they think it makes them appear to be weak. I'm not saying that this is tour case, but it's far too common.
I understand what you mean - but I think he is an NHL player whereas I didn’t let’s say up until his last year. My understanding is that we’re talking about Roy being a top 6 forward or better - those are the expectations hence the comparisons to players of that ilk. I’m no longer suggesting that we wouldn’t pan out at all on a third or fourth line.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I understand what you mean - but I think he is an NHL player whereas I didn’t let’s say up until his last year. My understanding is that we’re talking about Roy being a top 6 forward or better - those are the expectations hence the comparisons to players of that ilk. I’m no longer suggesting that we wouldn’t pan out at all on a third or fourth line.
I think Roy could definitely pan out on an eventual two-way, third line winger, as a floor for his development -- Just too smart a hockey player not to at least carve such a niche in the NHL.

However, he may well pan out higher.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He'll be in Habs top 6 next year. Maybe on a line with Suzuki and Caufield? Why I wanted Habs to draft an offensive star this draft. He would make Suzuki or 22 mega stars.

Next season Dach centering second line, between Slaf and Newhook. The old folks line be hard to keep together. Gallagher be here, Anderson maybe in his wing? Or Heinemann?With Evans in middle. Dvorak centering 4th line. Dvorak good fourth line center.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Hugues will just pat himself on the back for anything. Sorry, can't have that when you're doign what youre doing with Slaf.
Yes, but Slaf needs to only hear from MSL to develop!!! Or something along what is being said in the media/the team.

Reactions: ReHabs and Mrb1p

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yes, but Slaf needs to only hear from MSL to develop!!! Or something along what is being said in the media/the team.
Actually, it was said it was to avoid mixed messages. Slaf's development is very controlled right now. II even find it too controlled from my seat, but maybe it's not if I could see and hear what happens outside of the games.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Actually, it was said it was to avoid mixed messages. Slaf's development is very controlled right now. II even find it too controlled from my seat, but maybe it's not if I could see and hear what happens outside of the games.
This just just me 0.02$ but I think they're trying to reinvent the wheel. While things evolves, the minor league system (every league outside the NHL basically) is still there to develop players. It worked for basically every player in the league, why would it be different for Slaf?

I don't think trying out new things with a 1oa player is a great tactic, way too much risk involved. Slaf this year is definitely a better version of what he was last year but would he be an even better version if he was developped in a more traditional way?

Reactions: ReHabs

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah, but you could also let go of your initial stance after he has improved his defensive play and is performing at the AHL level, against adults, in a mored defensive league, like he was in Juniors.

I find that too many posters refuse to let their opinions evolve because they think it makes them appear to be weak. I'm not saying that this is tour case, but it's far too common.

So true! The same nauseating posters defending a losing position just to avoid admitting that they are/were wrong. I avoid Piers Morgan because that is exactly what he is only to find it here :help:

Reactions: ReHabs

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Probably the best anticipation I've seen in the org. since Markov.
Thanks for this. Such fun to watch.

I don’t know how specific I could be on projecting his upside but there’s no doubt he’d be a significant addition to our top 6.

The skill/IQ/puck protection combo is fantastic. It all looks too easy for him. And honestly the skating doesn’t look bad at all. Seems quite improved.I think he could be quicker still but otherwise he looks unreal.

I was won over late last year but I was still thinking really good complimentary player. Honestly, that might be lowballing him a bit. If he stays in Laval, I don’t think he can sustain a 2 ppg but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it doesn’t dip that far. I’d have to see the ppgs of other comparables though

It just feels special to have a great prospect come along with some of that fabled P'tit gars de chez nous factor.

I don't remember a prospect I was as eager to see in the show as I am Roy.
Definitely can’t think of a forward who started in the AHL who’s been as exciting as him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thanks for this. Such fun to watch.

I don’t know how specific I could be on projecting his upside but there’s no doubt he’d be a significant addition to our top 6.

The skill/IQ/puck protection combo is fantastic. It all looks too easy for him. And honestly the skating doesn’t look bad at all. Seems quite improved.I think he could be quicker still but otherwise he looks unreal.

I was won over late last year but I was still thinking really good complimentary player. Honestly, that might be lowballing him a bit. If he stays in Laval, I don’t think he can sustain a 2 ppg but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it doesn’t dip that far. I’d have to see the ppgs of other comparables though

Definitely can’t think of a forward who started in the AHL who’s been as exciting as him.

Sergei Kostitsyn.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Nope, came up at the quarter season mark and sniped the shit out of Henrik Lundqvist, then stared down Chris Neil.
I just looked at his stats. I totally forgot he was still with us during that 2010 year. I guess he got dealt at the deadline or something.

It really makes me sad that Lang went down when he did. He was great with the Kost bros. Too bad we were so plagued with injuries those playoffs. We had a really solid top 9. Except Pleks kind of falling off.
Lang, Markov, Schneider, Cube and Tanguay (for a good amount of that series at least) all out.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
I just looked at his stats. I totally forgot he was still with us during that 2010 year. I guess he got dealt at the deadline or something.

It really makes me sad that Lang went down when he did. He was great with the Kost bros. Too bad we were so plagued with injuries those playoffs. We had a really solid top 9. Except Pleks kind of falling off.
Lang, Markov, Schneider, Cube and Tanguay (for a good amount of that series at least) all out.

The plummet in team health, team chemistry, player morale, and fan morale from January 2009 to April (and then the summer of change) was enormous lol. Just an insane drop off

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
The plummet in team health, team chemistry, player morale, and fan morale from January 2009 to April (and then the summer of change) was enormous lol. Just an insane drop off
So true! I forgot how quickly things changed. It looked like we made some good adds with Lang and Tanguay. Schneider was a nice little deadline pick up too.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

That's what we get for introducing those wretched third Jerseys. It's been rough for the most part ever since.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Rocket just lost back 2 back, 1 assist for Roy. Did he play well?

Teams are starting to have game tapes and can adjust to shut him down it's gonna be interesting to see how he will react.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Rocket just lost back 2 back, 1 assist for Roy. Did he play well?

Teams are starting to have game tapes and can adjust to shut him down it's gonna be interesting to see how he will react.
I saw the highlights of the Friday game and he was creating a ton of chances. Could’ve had plenty of points. Looked great from what I saw. Can’t speak on last night’s game

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The list of names for the AHL rookie scoring race (I only show forwards) includes a lot of players that we would love to have in the Habs pool. If Roy stays ahead through the end of the season it will be a great achievement.

Nota Bene: I think that Brad Lambert and Shane Wright are younger, 19.
Screenshot_20231030-082329.png

Reactions: Sagikev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad