Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We might get the most expensive 4th line in history next season: Gallagher-Dvorak-Anderson for just 16.45M.
LMFAO
Compare that with VGK's 4th line of two seasons ago.
I think their total salary was less than any one of these guys.
I know Gallagher for sure because I definitely brought it up at the time.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Time I had high ankle sprain I was at least 6 months getting back. Noticable limp just to walk. What sucked most couldn't train for that time. I was along while getting my conditioning back. Seemed like forever. Been many years ago but still. I was amazed he started season last year.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I dislike the guy but I'll give him credit on he work he put in during the summer of spending time with A. Nicholas and rewatching all of his games of last year. Reminds of what Drouin did before ovy broke him.

Reactions: EXPOS123

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I don't expect anything anymore from him, but he's a Hab and seems well liked in the room, so I still hope he turns it around cause he'd help a lot with his physical gifts.

Also hope he understands he has to do something when he isn't scoring, instead of just skating around aimlessly. If he does that and even grind like he should, then yeah, he'd at least be worth his salary.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The dude seems contrite in his interview but I get the sense he's more concerned about finding the back of the net than becoming reliable in other ways.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
You can tell by looking at him he's in great shape this year. It's encouraging he's had a really productive summer with Adam Nicholas and the staff, apparently he was the only Hab who was there for basically the entire summer.

If the story is true all this guy did all summer was get married and train in Montreal. He might surprise this year, and in a bottom six role that would be an amazing exploitation match up for us while the top 6 draw all the top defensive match ups. I'm rooting for him.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I dislike the guy but I'll give him credit on he work he put in during the summer of spending time with A. Nicholas and rewatching all of his games of last year. Reminds of what Drouin did before ovy broke him.
That. I wish him to find his game after the work he put this summer. At least he tried and worked. There have been so much injuries in this team that a player with less hockey IQ could have been more affected with all the lines/players changes... we'll see.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Il be okay this year . Got unlucky last year . Remember when we called him the power horse. He’s still useful with his speed and big body. We need player like him. Hopefully , he will defend his teammates more this year.

Reactions: jaffy27

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
1727085027421.png

Not tired from pumping out the same sewage-level material in favour of Drouin's imminent, phoenix-like ascent every year in September, Arpon took it upon himself to recycle his texts for Anderson... inflicting Habs fans with the never-ending nightmare that is an extremely-underperforming player on a long-term contract given pump-up fluff pieces by court jesters multiple times a year.

The Lapresse piece is just as bad imo. Anderson says that, unlike the previous summers, he decided to improve his game this past summer. Oh really? After a 32pt -25 season he didn't think he had to improve his game? After the subsequent 32 pt -8 season he was satisfied with his impact? Some fans read these pieces and get happy to read about the "new page" but after decades of following the sport I know what this is: the yearly fluff job.

Anderson is quoted later « Il a été à mes côtés toute la saison. J’ai beaucoup de respect envers Marty. Il a joué longtemps dans la ligue. C’était incroyable de sa part de venir me parler à plusieurs reprises, de m’encourager. C’est ce genre de choses qui fait en sorte que tu respectes ton entraîneur, et c’est pour ça que tu veux donner ton 100 %. ». How interesting at the top he admits he stopped playing well for 68 games of the season but then he says MSL did a lot to encourage him. A good reporter would ask a simple follow-up: Where did that encouragement go Josh? Why didn't it work, do you think? You quit on plays worse than ever late in the season.

These fluff jobs, man.

The only way Anderson earns any PR is by performing well. He'll get less PP time and more 3rd line matchups, maybe it'll work for him. We'll see. If he earns praise I'll be the first to praise him but to read that he only now, at age 30 after more than two AWFUL seasons, decided to spend the summer improving his game and watching tape -- I find that is more bad than good and doesn't need a fluff job, it needs gentle but cautious optimism.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: the

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
View attachment 908870

Not tired from pumping out the same sewage-level material in favour of Drouin's imminent, phoenix-like ascent every year in September, Arpon took it upon himself to recycle his texts for Anderson... inflicting Habs fans with the never-ending nightmare that is an extremely-underperforming player on a long-term contract given pump-up fluff pieces by court jesters multiple times a year.

The Lapresse piece is just as bad imo. Anderson says that, unlike the previous summers, he decided to improve his game this past summer. Oh really? After a 32pt -25 season he didn't think he had to improve his game? After the subsequent 32 pt -8 season he was satisfied with his impact? Some fans read these pieces and get happy to read about the "new page" but after decades of following the sport I know what this is: the yearly fluff job.

Anderson is quoted later « Il a été à mes côtés toute la saison. J’ai beaucoup de respect envers Marty. Il a joué longtemps dans la ligue. C’était incroyable de sa part de venir me parler à plusieurs reprises, de m’encourager. C’est ce genre de choses qui fait en sorte que tu respectes ton entraîneur, et c’est pour ça que tu veux donner ton 100 %. ». How interesting at the top he admits he stopped playing well for 68 games of the season but then he says MSL did a lot to encourage him. A good reporter would ask a simple follow-up: Where did that encouragement go Josh? Why didn't it work, do you think? You quit on plays worse than ever late in the season.

These fluff jobs, man.

The only way Anderson earns any PR is by performing well. He'll get less PP time and more 3rd line matchups, maybe it'll work for him. We'll see. If he earns praise I'll be the first to praise him but to read that he only now, at age 30 after more than two AWFUL seasons, decided to spend the summer improving his game and watching tape -- I find that is more bad than good and doesn't need a fluff job, it needs gentle but cautious optimism.
It's all relative. You think Basu is a hack. I had zero issues with his article.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Man...this guy has been awful since day 1. People acting like he's only been bad last season. His offseason training will change nothing.

That one fluke season 6 years ago got you all fooled.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anderson had an atrocious season in a very demanding market. What about we respect the work he put this summer and give him a chance? Personally I don't like to shit on those who are at the worst point of their life.
It's normal for a regular Joe to look at Anderson and expect him to do something for the $$$ he's paid.
His worst point?
Please.
His worst point compared to what a single mother struggling to keep food on the table?

That he has a bad year and pucks aren't going into the net is one thing but he literally quit trying to make an impact period. :thumbd:
He's taking heat because he deserves to take heat.
I don't care about the goals but at the very least do the other things you're paid to do.
It's called respect and it's a two way street.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Man...this guy has been awful since day 1. People acting like he's only been bad last season. His offseason training will change nothing.

That one fluke season 6 years ago got you all fooled.
He was good 2 years ago before his ankle sprain. Now by good I mean as a middle six guy finishes his checks and brings scoring. He's still overpaid by a solid million if not more.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson had an atrocious season in a very demanding market. What about we respect the work he put this summer and give him a chance? Personally I don't like to shit on those who are at the worst point of their life.

I don't expect him to bounce back at this point. The way his game went last year, the lack of engagement was a worse indicator than the lack of production... And likely a bigger hurdle to overcome.

That said. Everyone that is on the ship is a part of the team, and I'll hope nothing but the best for him while he's on it.

The guy has one heck of an opportunity in front of him, if he doesn't seize it, that's on him.

Reactions: Goldthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad