Player Discussion Josh Anderson - The Rene Bourque Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Anderson needs someone to pass him the puck. That's all. He won't make the skill play. He won't position himself like Caufield.

He needs someone to make the play and get him the puck off the rush ala Suzuki.

As i mentioned in another thread. We dont have x2 Suzuki. The solution is getting another offensive minded center to play with him.

Let KK cycle with Armia and Lehkonen.
It has alreqady been tried. He played many games with Suzuki and Caufield and he was atrocious. Depsite his speed he was always behind the play. He doesn't seem to see the game well enough. His hockey IQ is the one of a rock. Any team acquiring him with the reasoning that if given the chance to play with a player like Crosby he will be productive will be very disappointed. He is too slow to react and doesn't know what to do on the ice.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It has alreqady been tried. He played many games with Suzuki and Caufield and he was atrocious. Depsite his speed he was always behind the play. He doesn't seem to see the game well enough. His hockey IQ is the one of a rock. Any team acquiring him with the reasoning that if given the chance to play with a player like Crosby he will be productive will be very disappointed. He is too slow to react and doesn't know what to do on the ice.
Players with low IQ have a hard time meshing with any player. Name one player he has had chemistry with?

Reactions: Guess

Jul 6, 2016
If Anderson would play like Dakota Joshua or Mason Marchment, I would be glad… But he is not.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Watched some YouTube videos of Josh Anderson today.
He is incredibly tough. If he could get a 17-20 goal season next season as well as playing tough this team would really benefit.
Can he rebound?

Reactions: Habs10Habs

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
He is incredibly tough. If he could get a 17-20 goal season next season as well as playing tough this team would really benefit.
Can he rebound?
Would be a nice surprise wouldn't it? It can't get any worse that's for sure

Reactions: Tyson

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Can he rebound?
Forget about it. He scored 19 & 21 playing 1st line and PP1. Baring major injuries, he will be nowhere near that spot. At best, he can be 3rd line and PP2 this year which optimistically brings him to 10-15. He will be 100% traded next off-season.

Reactions: the and Tyson

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Can he rebound?

Maybe. It may depend on how healthy the rest of the team is. I think its probably worth not trying to fix his game and just use him as best as possible (let him hit, skate and charge the net). And hope the guys he play with can complement him down the lineup. But health may be the difference between him being 4th among forwards in 5v5 TOI/GP (like last season) and 7th-10th.

Reactions: Tyson

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
I also think in years past with our lack of offensive talent he may have shouldered a greater responsibility in his mind to fill that void which I don't think is his game. I think he is now in a more favorable chair this season than he was last year (to use a MSL analogy)

I absolutely want an active JA on my team come playoff time. If JA can be a physical player while scoring 15-20G (35-40 points) and be a relentless forechecker thats a great player to have on a 3rd line

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
I also think in years past with our lack of offensive talent he may have shouldered a greater responsibility in his mind to fill that void which I don't think is his game. I think he is now in a more favorable chair this season than he was last year (to use a MSL analogy)

I absolutely want an active JA on my team come playoff time. If JA can be a physical player while scoring 15-20G (35-40 points) and be a relentless forechecker thats a great player to have on a 3rd line

There’s this narrative that Josh Anderson is a key player for the playoffs but i found him to be one of the weakest links in the run to the cup finals.

I don’t have much hope for him turning into a productive player for our team, regular season or playoffs.

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
There’s this narrative that Josh Anderson is a key player for the playoffs but i found him to be one of the weakest links in the run to the cup finals.

I don’t have much hope for him turning into a productive player for our team, regular season or playoffs.
I never said he was a playoff player, what I said was that if he can be a physical player with a relentless forecheck that can score a few goals with his size is definitely a "support/top9" player you want for the playoffs. I would not want JA anywhere near my top 2 lines as I don't think that chair suits him

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

Greater expectation? The guy just sucks. End of story.

I never said he was a playoff player, what I said was that if he can be a physical player with a relentless forecheck that can score a few goals with his size is definitely a "support/top9" player you want for the playoffs. I would not want JA anywhere near my top 2 lines as I don't think that chair suits him
Watch Lehkonen forecheck and then watch Josh Anderson forecheck.

One of them is relentless. And it's not Josh Anderson.

• Love
Reactions: the

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I think Anderson will bounce back this season. High ankle sprains are nasty. I figured he wouldn't be ready to start last season. Anderson was 2 years recovering from shoulder injury in Colombus. Scored 27, then injury next 2 years virtually nil. Then got back to 20 with us.
If we get to see good Anderson, good Armia and good Laine most of the year, the Habs are in the playoffs. But I also like my chances to win the Lotto Max.

Reactions: the

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You guys are discussing about bouncing back? Bouncing back to freaking what exactly??

Stop saying he's going to bounce back. There's nothing to goddamn bounce back to. Him becoming a 30 point player again is not what I call bouncing back.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I’m mostly afraid players around him start adjusting their game to his. Dish him the puck and stay back because his rush is all he knows how to do and if it does not go in it’s a possession loss. Bench him or burry him on the 3rd 4th, keep him tf away from developing players. Even if it somehow works out for 20g the trade off is horribad.

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Hmmm, when the BargainBin acquired him for Domi everyone was heads over heals on here. I did call it that the 7 yr deal would age horribly. Here we are today. He never reached 50 points i ln a season. At least, he had a reputation of being nasty on the ice. He lost that ability too. Just let the contract run its course. They might send him packing for a pick at a trade deadline. He might play better now that he will be demoted to third line duties.

Laine/Slaf Suz Cole
Laine/Slaf Dach Newhook/Roy
Anderson Newhook/Dvorak/Beck Armia/Gallagher/Roy

To me Dvorak has become redundant. Hopefully he gets shipped away for a pick before camp starts. Beck can easily take the job.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
You guys are discussing about bouncing back? Bouncing back to freaking what exactly??

Stop saying he's going to bounce back. There's nothing to goddamn bounce back to. Him becoming a 30 point player again is not what I call bouncing back.
20G+ while being hard in the puck / opposition & doing it using his top end speed.

Habs don’t have a player with that size, who can bring that brand of physicality + forecheck tenacity without compromising pace

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
20G+ while being hard in the puck / opposition & doing it using his top end speed.

Habs don’t have a player with that size, who can bring that brand of physicality + forecheck tenacity without compromising pace
Good. Ice more Andersons and we have a merry go round of giant no talent rockets trying to catch up to pucks you can’t even tell if they have possession of.

I played with play killers like him, head down, b-line to the net… You stop giving a f*** by your 3rd shift and stop supporting the play.

With Gally and Dvorak for 25 second shifts it at least matches the no-imagination playstyle as long as they get off the ice with possession or they’re stuck winded in their zone without a clue. Gross.

• Love
Reactions: Xirik and the

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Good luck getting back to 20 goals without getting all these preferential treatments being paired with Suzuki/Caufield on the first line and getting those PP mins. Not that an extra 10 goals would change anything tbh. He would still remain a 30 points player.

All he's got going on is his speed. He's got 0 creativity and lacks IQ and reading comprehension. He's rarely physical, he doesn't use his size. Except for a few hot streaks we barely ever saw this type of player you are describing.

Very lazy/inconsistent player.

Reactions: Xirik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad