Value of: Jordan Harris

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Lots of talk on social media about Harris being on the market.

With Matheson , Ghule , Wifi on the left there is no room for him really,
Then you have Hutson, Engstrom, Struble in the pipeline as well.

Some say he could be a top 4 LHD in the NHL

What is your offer ?

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Right now not a lot because Harris don't show enough in NHL to prove himself a top 4.
There's a lot of players in similar situation. If he was a RD he value will be increase but he's a LD

He still young that's why he got a little more value.
For sure he can be a throw in for a bigger trade.

For me a Throw in for a bigger trade is the best thing to do if Montréal want to trade him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Chicago could be a great place for him,,
Much better then Tinordi.

Something around Colton Dach + LA 2nd maybe ?
Or Tampa first ?
Or TOR first ?
harris has nowhere close the value of a first round pick.

chicago is rebuilding. they don't spend high end futures. they acquire futures. just look at their recent trade history:
perry for 7th round pick
hall for cap space
bailey + second for cap space

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Habs should not be moving him, so much work to do on that team without knowing exactly how it's going to shape up yet and he has looked great. He's under 6 ft and takes some hits, so every fan with a low IQ thinks he sucks and dangles him in trades, but he is smart on the ice, can skate and read plays well. He can play both sides of the ice. He's also very intelligent and eloquent and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already targeted by management as a big part of the future leadership group. Listen to him talk, he's not yr average mouth breathing NHLer. If he has already hit his ceiling, fine move him, but I personally see him getting better off of his 1.15 seasons.

And yes, look at the Habs fan wanting to dump him for way more than he's worth around the league. Bravo.

Last edited:

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
Right now not a lot because Harris don't show enough in NHL to prove himself a top 4.
There's a lot of players in similar situation. If he was a RD he value will be increase but he's a LD

He still young that's why he got a little more value.
For sure he can be a throw in for a bigger trade.

For me a Throw in for a bigger trade is the best thing to do if Montréal want to trade him.
I agree. He’s got potential to be a solid player but he hasn’t shown enough at this point to prove he is that player yet. The crappy thing is, he’s unlikely to get a lot of opportunities in Montreal due to the depth on LHD, unless there’s injuries.

The best case scenario is trading him for a similar player in a position of need (RHD, Columbus maybe?) or finding a team who needs to dump some cap with a slightly better but more expensive player, that Montreal could retain on and flip at the deadline.

Reactions: abo9

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Or Tampa first ?
Or TOR first ?
I'd rather have Colton Dach as Harris. Dach has potential, is 3 years younger, and has grest size that projects well for him in the NHL. He was picked in the 2nd round, and nothing about him so far indicates that his draft value was off. Harris, meanwhile, has mediocre size, especially for a Dman. Adding a 2nd is a big overpay. Harris is not worth 2 2nds.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I'd rather have Colton Dach as Harris. Dach has potential, is 3 years younger, and has grest size that projects well for him in the NHL. He was picked in the 2nd round, and nothing about him so far indicates that his draft value was off. Harris, meanwhile, has mediocre size, especially for a Dman. Adding a 2nd is a big overpay. Harris is not worth 2 2nds.
Romanov got traded for #13 + #98
Harris holds close to he's value.
So 2 second (LA being a late one) is fair for a NHL ready D, 23 years old at 1,4mil signed for 2 more years.
Jezz second picks are not worth that much to be honest.

Dach might not even play in the NHL,, Harris does allready.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Let me guess, a 5th rd pick is the price ??

From 2022

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
There is no point in trading him, keep him and see how the season goes. There will probably be injuries and he will play

Last edited:
Reactions: Altimus

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Let me guess, a 5th rd pick is the price ??
Certainly nothing close to a 1st round pick :laugh:

Just because he's played games in the NHL doesn't make him good. He was playing those games on one of the worst teams in the league, and now he's apparently not good enough to Crack the lineup of a bottom 10 defense in the league this year...

Ligue

Sep 28, 2017
I doubt teams would pay more than a 3rd round pick for him and I don't see the Habs trading him for that so there's probably no realistic market at this point in time.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Or Tampa first ?
Or TOR first ?
No chance he gets a first, likely a third or fourth. Just keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad